UnderGround Forums Usman shuts down Colby

8 days ago
3/22/16
I've said this in other threads. Colby has zero leverage and turning down the Edwards fight will do him NO favors.

Usman Agrees.

“For you to sit here and demand, ‘Oh, yeah, I’ve done enough. I demand a shot’ … First of all, you weren’t (the UFC’s) favorite in the first place,” Usman told MMA Junkie. “It’s not that you’re selling mad pay-per-per views. So for you to sit here and demand something like that, I think it’s ridiculous. I think the best way for you to solidify your title shot is to go out there and fight. And what better way than to knock off the No. 3 guy? He’s on his way up. He’s making the claim to the throne that he deserves that shot. What better way than to knock him off? He failed to do that and I think he made a tremendous mistake.”
8 days ago
8/10/05

I can't stand Colby, but...

Why would Usman want to rematch his toughest UFC fight to date when he can rematch a much smaller Masvidal who will bring a bigger paycheck and who has a more tailor made for him?

7 days ago
4/21/06

May be an image of 2 people and text that says '"" 320 HES UT HOO This fight's not dead. Honestly, I'd be shocked if this fight Ibetween Usman and Masvidall doesn't happen... They're pretty close from what I'm told. ARIEL HELWANI on the rematch between Kamaru Usman and Jorge Masvidal via DC Helwani'

7 days ago
12/4/18

Colby would lose again to Usman. Then where does he go from there? 

Edited: 7 days ago
7/8/16
God Of Thunder -

That’s a smart move by Usman to avoid Colby at all costs. I dislike Colby but he is/was Usmans toughest fight. Colby was up on the judges scorecard going in to the 5th if my memory serves me correct. I’m not saying Colby wins it’s just a tough ass fight for Usman. Go with the easier fight and bigger payday against Mas. Then wrestle fuck Edwards and keep making them paydays. Cant stand Usman either but he has clear path to victory against everybody in his path right now. He will turn in to GSP a be I think that’s smart to secure financial stability for his family

7 days ago
2/9/09
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
God Of Thunder -

That’s a smart move by Usman to avoid Colby at all costs. I dislike Colby but he is/was Usmans toughest fight. Colby was up on the judges scorecard going in to the 5th if my memory serves me correct. I’m not saying Colby wins it’s just a tough ass fight for Usman. Go with the easier fight and bigger payday against Mas. Then wrestle fuck Edwards and keep making them paydays. Cant stand Usman either but he has clear path to victory against everybody in his path right now. He will turn in to GSP a be I think that’s smart to secure financial stability for his family

One judge had Colby, One Usman and one 2-2 going into Rd 5. So he was literally 1 round or 5 min into winning the belt.

As a fan I wanna see the rematch. I also wanna see Wonderboy get one more shot

Edited: 7 days ago
7/8/16
Bend The Knee -
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
God Of Thunder -

One judge had Colby, One Usman and one 2-2 going into Rd 5. So he was literally 1 round or 5 min into winning the belt.

Ok yeah so pretty damn close fight. I as well want to see it but I understand why Usman doesn’t. Like uncle Chael says fight the easiest most famous fighter for the most amount as possible

7 days ago
1/1/01

My money would be on Colby if there was a rematch.  I had him winning until he ran face first into that punch

7 days ago
2/17/03
Bend The Knee - 
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
God Of Thunder -

True. Even if the fight wasn't stopped, it would have been 10-8, though.

But, the fight was close until the 5th.

7 days ago
2/13/16
Bend The Knee -
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
God Of Thunder -

all of this. 

i want wonder boy to get the shot, cuz why not?  he has a way of making great people look average, and he LANDS.  all it takes is one shot from him for the fight to go his way.  alas, it'll probably end up looking like woodley vs wonderboy but thats why they have to fight. 

aside from that colby was 1 round away from winning that fight.  so thats a tough fight for usman for sure.  dont wanna see mas again, it'll look exactly the way it did the first time.  give the shot to wonderboy or edwards, or let colby/wonderboy fight edwards for the number 1 contender. 

7 days ago
3/22/16
Bend The Knee - 
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
God Of Thunder -

Fight was pretty much even on the score cards going INTO the 5th. Although COlby had far more damage at that point.

If the 5th round had finished it would have been a 10-8 round most likley. Which means Colby would not have won on any of the judges cards. The Judge that had it 3-1 Colby going into the 5th would probaly have to score it 47-47 after the 10-8 round.
6 days ago
12/26/19

This is exactly why Usman doesn't want Colby again.
6 days ago
7/12/14
Ministry of Truth -

Why would Usman want to rematch his toughest UFC fight to date when he can rematch a much smaller Masvidal who will bring a bigger paycheck and who has a more tailor made for him?

Are you saying going 5 rounds with Mas was easier than finishing Colby?

6 days ago
12/8/12
willis007 -
Ministry of Truth -

You did see the fights? Right?...the Colby fight was a war....Usman held Mas up against the fence for 5 rounds stomping his feet and shoulder shrug strikes.

6 days ago
2/17/03
willis007 - 
Ministry of Truth -

Yes?

6 days ago
11/29/11
wiggum -
Bend The Knee - 
Yaaaaaa Buddddddy -
God Of Thunder -

True. Even if the fight wasn't stopped, it would have been 10-8, though.

But, the fight was close until the 5th.

That’s how any tko stoppage that isn’t an instant ko would be scored if the round finished lol 

6 days ago
5/3/18

Usman v Masvidal

Covington v Edwards.

Winners can fight it out, done. Usman has nothing left in this division but to defend the belt and I really hope he does I am so tired of seeing different weight fighters, stick with your weight division and own it.

Edited: 6 days ago
3/2/09

Edwards should be next.  Eight straight wins.  Colby was KO'd by the champ. Mas's last fight was a loss against the champ.

6 days ago
10/2/12
willis007 -
Ministry of Truth -

Are you trolling?

6 days ago
10/27/03
JMauler -

Usman v Masvidal

Covington v Edwards.

Winners can fight it out, done. Usman has nothing left in this division but to defend the belt and I really hope he does I am so tired of seeing different weight fighters, stick with your weight division and own it.

Usman vs Edwards

Mas vs Colby - whoever wins gets the next title shot 

5 days ago
11/29/19
KhabibWinsTheRematch -

This is exactly why Usman doesn't want Colby again.

Colby beats Usman in rematch and stays Champ for a years to come

5 days ago
8/10/05
willis007 - 
Ministry of Truth -

It it really not clear?