UnderGround Forums Velasquez on a mission to end Jon Jones' run.

11 days ago
5/31/07

The only thing that can beat Jones is himself IMO

11 days ago
12/1/10
i think cain has been above 205 since high school he's not making 205 a jj will-not go to heavyweight for any fight beside lesnar
11 days ago
5/22/15
Sir Psycho Sexy - 
R00STER -
Steven McTowelie -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

Jon would never fight Cain. 

Are you saying Jon isn’t abel?

Hurr hurr

Hes said he would only fight a HW fight against someone he knew he could beat.

Cain is not that brother's keeper.
11 days ago
11/12/11
8flat -
Bojack Horseman -
8flat - 

He was at 230 when he fought Kongo, looked pretty lean but still fat around the middle, I'm guessing he has a body type that makes it tough to get that last bit of fat off, considering how hard he works in practices and on his cardio and still looks chubby, the cut to 205 would be hard?

How much roadwork does he do? i can already tell you not much most if not all of those heavyweights dont do roadwork.

Tyson did a fuck ton of roadwork they can do roadwork but they're lazy Heavy but lazy.

He has plenty to cut.

I wish i could get him to stand next to tito so you guys could see the size difference.

Anywho he can make 205...

I love cain but if he thinks hes going to break jon with pace and pressure he better talk to dc.

Cain is slow as fukk he gets away with it because the heavyweights are slow as fukk to but jon is quicker than everybody hes fought. Jon is different animal.

Easily the most talented fighter cains ever faced.

Hard telling, but everything his teamates and coaches have always said is that he works harder than anyone in the gym, and except for the one fight at 5kft his cardio is top notch for a heavy.

So my point is, he's doing a lot fo cardio work, and still looks pudgy.

I'm no doctor but he's obviously dealing with a fat gene.  haha

It’s a diet issue not a training issue

11 days ago
6/20/11
Pill Cosby -

Assuming Jones agrees to fight at hw? I hope hes not suggesting hes considering going to 205

Man weighs like 240 with excess fat, drop 15 pounds, make a cut, smash a cheaters skull

11 days ago
9/22/11
Sir Psycho Sexy -

This...bones knows cain will smash him into the canvas

11 days ago
9/19/13

There is no way Cain makes 205 lol

11 days ago
3/19/04

Make it happen. I could see either guy winning and the fight has a great story. Jones would be funny (if) after beating Cain.

11 days ago
1/1/01

LOL@ Cain making 205. His hips ass and legs are too dense. This is why Gastulem is a tweener; dense muscle in these areas. 

Just because people aren’t shredded doesn’t mean they can cut a ton of weight. 

11 days ago
9/27/15
BringBackGoldy - 
Sir Psycho Sexy -

Why do you think this? Jones has never been grounded and pounded, ever! Yet you think an older Cain can do it?
11 days ago
1/22/17
ons ear - 
BringBackGoldy - 
Sir Psycho Sexy -

Why do you think this? Jones has never been grounded and pounded, ever! Yet you think an older Cain can do it?

If Jones truly believes he'd run through HW (Cain included) he'd have gone there already. He's fighting Anyhony Smith for fux sake.
11 days ago
9/9/14
Luke rockhold says jon wallks at 240 you think so?
11 days ago
10/9/10
ConorWinsTheRematch -

Regardless of who is better between DC and Cain, Cain is the far far far greater stylistic threat. Cain isn't just a boxer. He throws kicks. His punch kick combinations will serve him much better. Cain will actually actively pursue the TD. Cain will level change and come up top with strikes. Perfect against a taller opponent. Go underneath and then come up over his responses with hooks. DC fights behind a high guard which leaves his body exposed. Cain protects his body. Cain will just mix it up across the board far better with punches kicks and grappling, and that's why he will do much much better then DC did. Frankly put I think Cain mauls him. Just relentless, eventually getting top position, and beating him up. Cain would be the heavy favorite 100%. The reason why Cain was so special is because he moved and fought like an actual skilled lower weight class fighter (in a big body). Cain is the only HW in history I have ever seen who was skilled like a lower weight class fighter. Cain was truly remarkable. It brakes my heart to see how much time he has lost due to injuries. Hopefully Cain is back. Cain was always the real "baddest man on the planet." Cain at his best is the greatest HW in history bar none

What DC does better than Cain is clinch and dirty box, something that served him well against JJ in both fights. However their paces are similar, and I think that’s what matters most (and Cain seems to keep his up better than DC). 

11 days ago
2/24/07
JonesShinboneBumpedOffDCsTitle - 
ons ear - 
BringBackGoldy - 
Sir Psycho Sexy -

If Jones truly believes he'd run through HW (Cain included) he'd have gone there already. He's fighting Anyhony Smith for fux sake.

That doesn’t make sense. All current champs are where they are because thy can make the weight. Not because they’re scared of the guys a class up. They’re maximizing their earning potential.

Jones prob gets $3m plus a fight and wants to fight 3 times this year.

Would you rather make $10m to fight Smith, Volkan and Gus or Cain, Stipe, and Ngannou?
11 days ago
1/24/17
JonesShinboneBumpedOffDCsTitle -
ons ear - 
BringBackGoldy - 
Sir Psycho Sexy -

He'll go up whenever the hell he feels like it. He's the GOAT. All you haters just be quiet and watch like you're supposed to.

Edited: 11 days ago
12/7/18
MasterofMartialArts -
ConorWinsTheRematch -

Regardless of who is better between DC and Cain, Cain is the far far far greater stylistic threat. Cain isn't just a boxer. He throws kicks. His punch kick combinations will serve him much better. Cain will actually actively pursue the TD. Cain will level change and come up top with strikes. Perfect against a taller opponent. Go underneath and then come up over his responses with hooks. DC fights behind a high guard which leaves his body exposed. Cain protects his body. Cain will just mix it up across the board far better with punches kicks and grappling, and that's why he will do much much better then DC did. Frankly put I think Cain mauls him. Just relentless, eventually getting top position, and beating him up. Cain would be the heavy favorite 100%. The reason why Cain was so special is because he moved and fought like an actual skilled lower weight class fighter (in a big body). Cain is the only HW in history I have ever seen who was skilled like a lower weight class fighter. Cain was truly remarkable. It brakes my heart to see how much time he has lost due to injuries. Hopefully Cain is back. Cain was always the real "baddest man on the planet." Cain at his best is the greatest HW in history bar none

What DC does better than Cain is clinch and dirty box, something that served him well against JJ in both fights. However their paces are similar, and I think that’s what matters most (and Cain seems to keep his up better than DC). 

Once Jones went to a 2 on 1 on DC's free hand, to shut down DC's ability to hold and punch with his free hand, DC basically was rendered ineffective. The biggest difference is that Cain is a far far more versatile technician who can go from plan A to plan B. DC can not. If you shut down DC's plan A (clinch and punch with free hand) then DC doesnt know what else to do. Meanwhile Cain has plan A, plan B, plan C. What really fucked Cain up against Werdum is that Werdum's "prestigious BJJ reputation" had Cain so afraid to mix in strikes with takedowns, and take Werdum down. That ability to mix it up is Cain's strength. Jones has no where near the BJJ reputation to discourage or deter Cain. I frankly think Cain would big brother the fuck out of Jones. I think Werdum is another terrible match up for Jones too. Theres a reason why Jones wants nothing to do with Cain. The only way Jones ever gets close to Cain is if Cain beats himself with injuries 

11 days ago
1/22/17
FrontBroRian - 
ons ear - 
BringBackGoldy - 
Sir Psycho Sexy -

That doesn’t make sense. All current champs are where they are because thy can make the weight. Not because they’re scared of the guys a class up. They’re maximizing their earning potential.

Would you rather make $10m to fight Smith, Volkan and Gus or Cain, Stipe, and Ngannou?

All current champs haven't ran through their entire division. Jones would earn more at HW fighting guys like Brock or Cain, but that added $$$ would come at a price in fighting more dangerous opponents.
12/7/18

Cain is an elite of the elite wrestler. the confidence of being able to defend takedowns will allow him to stay standing and kick with Jones. Cain is a great kicker (another thing that really seperates him from DC). This is a huge factor that is Kryptonite to Jones. Cain has the wrestling to keep it standing and become the first one to really chop up Jones's chicken legs with kicks. Cain would beat the fuck out of Jones lol

11 days ago
2/24/07
FrontBroRian - 
ons ear - 
BringBackGoldy - 
Sir Psycho Sexy -

All current champs haven't ran through their entire division. Jones would earn more at HW fighting guys like Brock or Cain, but that added $$$ would come at a price in fighting more dangerous opponents.

Would it? He just did 900k PPV buys at LHW. That’s more than any HW fighter is selling now. If Brock returns yes, that would be big. But I doubt Jones vs Cain sells anymore than anyone else. Don’t get me wrong. I’d like to see it and if Jones keeps winning, I guarantee he’ll be taking HW fights within 12-18 months
11 days ago
12/7/18
FrontBroRian -
FrontBroRian - 
ons ear - 
BringBackGoldy - 
Sir Psycho Sexy -

Would it? He just did 900k PPV buys at LHW. That’s more than any HW fighter is selling now. If Brock returns yes, that would be big. But I doubt Jones vs Cain sells anymore than anyone else. Don’t get me wrong. I’d like to see it and if Jones keeps winning, I guarantee he’ll be taking HW fights within 12-18 months

Are you an Ari shill? LoL at that bullshit fake number. Jones didnt do more then 500k buys. 

11 days ago
12/7/18

I also like how you try to attribute the 525k buys of UFC 232 to Jones. Jones had nothing to do with it. It was the controversy, people watching for Cyborg vs Nunez, people watching to see Gus beat him.

Jones is such a pathetic draw that Ari has to STACK Jones's cards to the max just to only get decent numbers. I wouldnt be surprised if Jones either losses money or barely breaks even 

11 days ago
9/28/13

JBJ beats Cain at HW.

These HWs aren't as skillful, it's all about KO bombs they throw.

DC could not uppercut JBJ effectively yet dropped Stipe with it.

They gas too fast and that's a no-no against JBJ.

Don't let the hate blind you.

12/7/18
iwatchsomemma -

JBJ beats Cain at HW.

These HWs aren't as skillful, it's all about KO bombs they throw.

DC could not uppercut JBJ effectively yet dropped Stipe with it.

They gas too fast and that's a no-no against JBJ.

Don't let the hate blind you.

Both LHW and HW are weak as shit. Both divisions lack talent and depth. It really is just the same big guys. Both divisions share the same tiny talentless talent pools, because there simply aren't that many big men in the world, let alone big men who happen to be skilled. Thats why, of LHW and HW, I call Cain one of the few big boys who was actually skilled like a lower weight class fighter. All the talent and depth in both boxing and MMA, is all at the lower weight classes. This is why Jones is very over rated to me. A LW Jones wouldnt crack the top 10 at LW for example. Cain, Werdum, Overeem, Reyes, just to name a few, smash Jones IMO. Maybe even Stipe too. All though not sure about that one.

11 days ago
9/24/12
ConorWinsTheRematch -
MasterofMartialArts -
ConorWinsTheRematch -

Once Jones went to a 2 on 1 on DC's free hand, to shut down DC's ability to hold and punch with his free hand, DC basically was rendered ineffective. The biggest difference is that Cain is a far far more versatile technician who can go from plan A to plan B. DC can not. If you shut down DC's plan A (clinch and punch with free hand) then DC doesnt know what else to do. Meanwhile Cain has plan A, plan B, plan C. What really fucked Cain up against Werdum is that Werdum's "prestigious BJJ reputation" had Cain so afraid to mix in strikes with takedowns, and take Werdum down. That ability to mix it up is Cain's strength. Jones has no where near the BJJ reputation to discourage or deter Cain. I frankly think Cain would big brother the fuck out of Jones. I think Werdum is another terrible match up for Jones too. Theres a reason why Jones wants nothing to do with Cain. The only way Jones ever gets close to Cain is if Cain beats himself with injuries 

What the fuck are you talking about. Werdum completely outboxed him which led to Cain Panic shooting straight into Werdums choke.

11 days ago
8/21/11
Cain lost his conditioning after USADA.