UnderGround Forums Velasquez on a mission to end Jon Jones' run.

11 days ago
1/14/03

Great only after turinabol 

11 days ago
1/11/13
Steven McTowelie -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

Jon would never fight Cain. 

Are you saying Jon isn’t abel?

(Slow clap) 

11 days ago
9/24/18
Jones 100% won't fight him. Ever.
11 days ago
7/31/09

I’d love to see that fight but it’s a complete fantasy.

10 days ago
1/1/01

"Jones would never fight Cain though, so it's pointless to talk about. I still got my money on Reyes being the one. Taller. Super dynamic kicker. Good boxing. Versatile. Unpredictable."

Agreed

10 days ago
7/15/04

10 days ago
11/17/04
SinCityHustler - Jones isn't going to HW and he certainly isn't fighting Cain. He didn't want Stipe who DC destroyed, he isn't going to want DC's Mexican big brother. Jones will be taking on the Anthony Smith's of the MMA world.

Do you really think DC destroyed Stipe? Re-watched the fight and still believe DC got lucky with the finish.
10 days ago
2/2/05

10 days ago
3/15/10
Chuck Nam -
SinCityHustler - Jones isn't going to HW and he certainly isn't fighting Cain. He didn't want Stipe who DC destroyed, he isn't going to want DC's Mexican big brother. Jones will be taking on the Anthony Smith's of the MMA world.

Do you really think DC destroyed Stipe? Re-watched the fight and still believe DC got lucky with the finish.

That’s HW fighting for you.

Can do absolutely everything right for 24 minutes and 58 seconds but those 2 seconds can lose you the fight.

Edited: 10 days ago
7/15/04
Chuck Nam -

DC has a 15 fight win streak at Heavyweight including 3 UFC champs and he got lucky? He said in the pre-fight interview Stipe drops his left hand when breaking from the clinch and to "not be surprised if I knock him out".

He called his shot but it was pure luck?

10 days ago
8/3/18

I'm picking Jones at this point.

I would have picked Cain during his 2nd title run.

But Jones has his man strength now & Cain has taken more damage and injuries.

10 days ago
12/3/02
Who cares about cain - he is the only guy that shows up less than khabib
10 days ago
3/18/14

All time great match up. We can dream

10 days ago
3/29/11
46and2 -

The only thing that can beat Jones is himself IMO

One of the biggest and weakest lines of shit. 

He can lose to anyone he fights in the UFC, one punch, one submission or one takedown can end any fight. 

He lost to Mat Hamill, he can lose again. 

Mat’s plan to win the fight went just as he wanted. 

10 days ago
2/24/07
PeaceThroughStrength - 
46and2 -

He can lose to anyone he fights in the UFC, one punch, one submission or one takedown can end any fight. 

It was quite the gameplan by Hammil. Amazing he pulled it off.
10 days ago
5/31/07
FrontBroRian -
PeaceThroughStrength - 
46and2 -

All time great as far as game plans go...

10 days ago
6/29/09
Too Rude - Says the guy whos fought twice since 2013.

No shit. Most overrated fighter ever

10 days ago
3/19/04
46and2 -
FrontBroRian -
PeaceThroughStrength - 
46and2 -

All time great as far as game plans go...

That was some The Art of War shit.

10 days ago
11/1/03
ConorWinsTheRematch -

Regardless of who is better between DC and Cain, Cain is the far far far greater stylistic threat. Cain isn't just a boxer. He throws kicks. His punch kick combinations will serve him much better. Cain will actually actively pursue the TD. Cain will level change and come up top with strikes. Perfect against a taller opponent. Go underneath and then come up over his responses with hooks. DC fights behind a high guard which leaves his body exposed. Cain protects his body. Cain will just mix it up across the board far better with punches kicks and grappling, and that's why he will do much much better then DC did. Frankly put I think Cain mauls him. Just relentless, eventually getting top position, and beating him up. Cain would be the heavy favorite 100%. The reason why Cain was so special is because he moved and fought like an actual skilled lower weight class fighter (in a big body). Cain is the only HW in history I have ever seen who was skilled like a lower weight class fighter. Cain was truly remarkable. It brakes my heart to see how much time he has lost due to injuries. Hopefully Cain is back. Cain was always the real "baddest man on the planet." Cain at his best is the greatest HW in history bar none

Do you think the Cain that lost to Werdum was do to injuries? The altitude excuse seemed weak to me as Werdum dominated the standup from the start of the fight. I figured the usada testing was the biggest factor but who knows. Werdum is the best grappler probably ever in the ufc but his standup never looked that good.

10 days ago
11/1/03
Chuck Nam -

That was anything buy a lucky punch. Stipe was doing well, made a mistake and DC capitalized. Hendo ko Fedor with a similat 'lucky' punch. These guys train for these openings every day. Give them the slightest opening and its goodnite. 

Edited: 10 days ago
12/7/18
jpm995 -
ConorWinsTheRematch -

Regardless of who is better between DC and Cain, Cain is the far far far greater stylistic threat. Cain isn't just a boxer. He throws kicks. His punch kick combinations will serve him much better. Cain will actually actively pursue the TD. Cain will level change and come up top with strikes. Perfect against a taller opponent. Go underneath and then come up over his responses with hooks. DC fights behind a high guard which leaves his body exposed. Cain protects his body. Cain will just mix it up across the board far better with punches kicks and grappling, and that's why he will do much much better then DC did. Frankly put I think Cain mauls him. Just relentless, eventually getting top position, and beating him up. Cain would be the heavy favorite 100%. The reason why Cain was so special is because he moved and fought like an actual skilled lower weight class fighter (in a big body). Cain is the only HW in history I have ever seen who was skilled like a lower weight class fighter. Cain was truly remarkable. It brakes my heart to see how much time he has lost due to injuries. Hopefully Cain is back. Cain was always the real "baddest man on the planet." Cain at his best is the greatest HW in history bar none

Do you think the Cain that lost to Werdum was do to injuries? The altitude excuse seemed weak to me as Werdum dominated the standup from the start of the fight. I figured the usada testing was the biggest factor but who knows. Werdum is the best grappler probably ever in the ufc but his standup never looked that good.

Werdum has very good under rated stand up. From the start Cain was hesitant to punch into clinches with Werdum, because he feared being on the ground with Werdum. That hesitation allowed Werdum to get off better. Also, the biggest thing is once Cain finally got into clinch, Werdum just wrapped him up in the Thai clinch, and started landing huge knees that zapped Cain, that Cain never recovered from. Interestingly enough, DC also has that same weakness in the clinch (to being wrapped up and kneed by a taller opponent) If only Gus had recognized that sooner, he would've walked all over DC. Werdum would've smoked DC in very much the same way. Styles make fights. Werdum was a very hard tricky opponent to contend with. Werdum is easily Stipe's greatest win ever. I think Werdum would've easily beaten both Jones and DC. A smarter Cain who gameplanned appropriately definently had a shot against Werdum in a rematch 

10 days ago
5/26/14
Bojack Horseman -
8flat - 
Bojack Horseman -
8flat - 

He was at 230 when he fought Kongo, looked pretty lean but still fat around the middle, I'm guessing he has a body type that makes it tough to get that last bit of fat off, considering how hard he works in practices and on his cardio and still looks chubby, the cut to 205 would be hard?

How much roadwork does he do? i can already tell you not much most if not all of those heavyweights dont do roadwork.

Tyson did a fuck ton of roadwork they can do roadwork but they're lazy Heavy but lazy.

He has plenty to cut.

I wish i could get him to stand next to tito so you guys could see the size difference.

Anywho he can make 205...

I love cain but if he thinks hes going to break jon with pace and pressure he better talk to dc.

Cain is slow as fukk he gets away with it because the heavyweights are slow as fukk to but jon is quicker than everybody hes fought. Jon is different animal.

Easily the most talented fighter cains ever faced.

Hard telling, but everything his teamates and coaches have always said is that he works harder than anyone in the gym, and except for the one fight at 5kft his cardio is top notch for a heavy.

So my point is, he's doing a lot fo cardio work, and still looks pudgy.

I'm no doctor but he's obviously dealing with a fat gene.  haha

Theres a big difference from working hard in the gym and doing 4-6 miles of roadwork min...

That shit will slim him up real quick.

FAT gene lol

I good friend/biz partner I grew up and wrestled with went to arizona state and wrestled w cain, bader, dolloway, and said cain was an absolute freak. He's confirmed multiple times that cain has an unlimited gas tank and would outlast the entire team.  He said it was ridiculous and unbelievable. 

10 days ago
7/27/13
The Immortal One -

Jones is the GOAT 

Been busted cheating with steroids 3 times, DQ’d from any “greatness” talks 

10 days ago
7/27/13

I still think Cain in 2010 could beat any person in the world. 

10 days ago
5/30/15

I think it's great. Call him out Cain!