UnderGround Forums Wait...Malignaggi is a betting underdog vs. Artem?

28 days ago
6/2/04
Is this real life? This website is saying Paulie is +140.

https://www.gamblingsites.com/blog/bkfc-6-artem-lobov-paulie-malignaggi-odds-preview-pick-119020/

That might be the worst betting line I've ever seen.
28 days ago
11/24/18

Wow... And here I am adamant Paulie is taking Artem to school, people actually think he stands a good chance in this? 

28 days ago
9/27/18
I think Paulie is in for a beating.. I dont know how big the ring is but I believe its tiny from what I remember

Artem is physically stronger.. Hits harder.. He can take anything Paulie hits him with and not stop..

I think Artem swarms Paulie in that little ring.. I think Paulie is in for a bad beating and TKO
28 days ago
11/18/09

The line is like that bc a bunch of morons started laying money on Lobov after his last fight. Apparently getting his face tore up by a grappler makes him a betting favorite against Paulie. 

28 days ago
9/13/18

Paulie is going to fuck artem up.. Dudes a championship boxer. Artem barely beat Jason knight and that dude grapples. I say Paulie puts him away in the first couple of rounds. 

28 days ago
2/9/09

Paulie Pillowfists is taking a nap, the GOAT is coming

28 days ago
5/11/06
That is some scam bookie or some offshore low level site.

All the legit bookies have Paulie as a 1.36 (-275) favourite, as he obviously should be.
28 days ago
5/6/16
The Closed Guard - 

lol Who has Artem koed...I like Artem but Paulie will abuse him
28 days ago
1/22/05
People need to understand that this isn't boxing. It's BKB.

Artem is the larger fighter and is in better shape. He is younger and he hits harder.

Paulie is obviously the more skilled boxer. Way more skilled. But he has zero power. And he'll need some power to command the respect of Artem when Artem pushes forward in his barrages. BKB fights are shorter and faster paced than regular boxing matches. Paulie's favours a longer fight where he can use his craftiness to wear his opponent down.

Honestly, it wouldn't suprise me if Artem wins this. Paulie is almost 39 years old and he has no experience in boxing without large gloves. He's a blown up super-lightweight fighting a guy who would be a light-middle or middleweight.
28 days ago
2/14/14

The GOAT is going to make Pauline’s face look like hamburger 

28 days ago
5/11/06
JOB - People need to understand that this isn't boxing. It's BKB.

Artem is the larger fighter and is in better shape. He is younger and he hits harder.

Paulie is obviously the more skilled boxer. Way more skilled. But he has zero power. And he'll need some power to command the respect of Artem when Artem pushes forward in his barrages. BKB fights are shorter and faster paced than regular boxing matches. Paulie's favours a longer fight where he can use his craftiness to wear his opponent down.

Honestly, it wouldn't suprise me if Artem wins this. Paulie is almost 39 years old and he has no experience in boxing without large gloves. He's a blown up super-lightweight fighting a guy who would be a light-middle or middleweight.

All legit bookies and UK and Ireland have Paulie has an overwhelming favourite.

These offshore bookies Americans use are scams and filled with shady practices.
28 days ago
10/29/12

Can you grab the back of the head in BKB? 

28 days ago
8/10/05
JOB - People need to understand that this isn't boxing. It's BKB.

Paulie has 36 wins and 7 via KO, ~20% wins via KO.
Artem has 13 wins and 4 by KO, ~30% wins via KO.

So although Paulie has a lower KO ratio, it's definitely worth considering that's with boxing gloves. I would say that's arguably a more impressive KO ratio considering it's harder to KO someone with boxing gloves. Of course, one should also factor in ring/cage time for comparison.

Regardless, based on the facts I wouldn't necessarily say Artem has more power, all things considered. Plus a more technical puncher doesn't need power to put someone on queer street with wrapped hands. And even at 39, Paulie will likely have a serious speed advantage, which could quite easily make up for any power advantage Artem *might* have.
28 days ago
4/16/13
JOB - People need to understand that this isn't boxing. It's BKB.

Lunacy.

I have some doubts about this fight and it's legitimacy. Assuming it's legit, the skill disparity is very similiar to Conor vs Floyd... except Paulie isn't gonna be inclined to carry Artem. Paulie could truly break Artem's teeth and piss down his mouth in a boxing ring, just as he claims.

28 days ago
2/8/12
The Closed Guard -

This

Edited: 28 days ago
9/2/10

Why wouldnt he be underdog? Artem is going to fuck him up worse than Conor did.

27 days ago
1/12/05

Paulie's an almost 3-1 fave with something like 75% of bets going his way. 

27 days ago
4/8/07

i hope artem wins, he seems like a pretty good dude

27 days ago
11/18/09
Bobby Lupo -

Wtf was Feldman talking about then? At the press conference he said “believe it or not Lobov is the betting favorite.”  I thought I heard him wrong, but he said it, and at least 1 online site had it. And I forget if it was him or someone else who said the money started comin in on Artem after the Knight fight, as tho Artem getting disfigured by the grappler and squeaking out a win boded well for him. 

27 days ago
5/11/06
PhillyFights - 
Bobby Lupo -

Wtf was Feldman talking about then? At the press conference he said “believe it or not Lobov is the betting favorite.”  I thought I heard him wrong, but he said it, and at least 1 online site had it. And I forget if it was him or someone else who said the money started comin in on Artem after the Knight fight, as tho Artem getting disfigured by the grappler and squeaking out a win boded well for him. 

All legitimate bookies have Paulie at around -275.

The only site I see listing him as an underdog is that shady offshore scam site in the op.
27 days ago
7/2/12

This doesn't surprise me at all, I have thought from day 1 this isn't a good idea for Paulie.

I see artem getting the win by pushing the pace and getting in Paulies face. 

27 days ago
6/28/10
JitznPound -

This doesn't surprise me at all, I have thought from day 1 this isn't a good idea for Paulie.

I see artem getting the win by pushing the pace and getting in Paulies face. 

It shuold surpise you because it's wrong. Paulie is the favorite and anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot or betting on a scam book.

27 days ago
11/18/09
EckY -
PhillyFights - 
Bobby Lupo -

All legitimate bookies have Paulie at around -275.

The only site I see listing him as an underdog is that shady offshore scam site in the op.

I mean that makes way more sense, just wondering why Feldman would even mention it if it was just some fugazi website.... They robably own it. Him and his brother can be pretty shady. 

27 days ago
12/7/14

Paulie may have faced some power in the boxing ring, but this setting is a different animal altogether.  Artem literally has nuclear bombs in his hands exploding every time he connects in the Squared Circle That's Really Just a Circle. 

Paulie's still got the proverbial technician's chance, but he's in trouble, real trouble.

27 days ago
4/17/17
RonaldRaygun - 
JOB - People need to understand that this isn't boxing. It's BKB.

Lunacy.

I have some doubts about this fight and it's legitimacy. Assuming it's legit, the skill disparity is very similiar to Conor vs Floyd... except Paulie isn't gonna be inclined to carry Artem. Paulie could truly break Artem's teeth and piss down his mouth in a boxing ring, just as he claims.

Conor landed some good shots on Floyd in the beginning of their fight. Defense is markedly different without gloves. I wouldnt be surprised if Paulie does get sparked by a punch or two in the beginning.

I think training for Bareknuckle is tough. And having a fight experience is huge.