UnderGround Forums Wait...Malignaggi is a betting underdog vs. Artem?

5/22/19 7:19 PM
10/4/18
LOL @ Paulie not hitting hard. Ya maybe against other pro boxers with gloves. Hes going to hit Artem clean a few times and probably end it with a combo. Night night Artem. Artem wont even touch him.
5/22/19 7:49 PM
1/12/05
Otlwgt - Didnt Mayweather say he wasnt impressed by Connor's punching power? Said he was average or so?

Mayweather (50-0 boxing), himself, gave big ups to McGregor’s (21-3 MMA, 0-1 boxing) surprising boxing chops. But, when it came to the Irishman’s dreaded power, it would appear he wasn’t that impressed.

“As far as his punching power – he’s solid,” Mayweather said in a press conference after the pay-per-view main event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. “I’ve felt it before, so that’s why I kept coming straight ahead.
“Obviously, it wasn’t the type of power to say, ‘I can’t come forward.’ Because if it were that type of power, I wouldn’t have come forward.”

Paulie said that Conor was super strong, but because he didn't know how to properly throw a punch, he lost a lot of power and it was good, but not great. 
5/22/19 7:52 PM
7/27/13

This isn't boxing with 16 oz gloves on boys and girls. 

5/22/19 9:09 PM
1/1/01

Bet Paulie big and bet him often.

5/22/19 9:34 PM
5/8/16
Otlwgt - I think Paulie is in for a beating.. I dont know how big the ring is but I believe its tiny from what I remember

Artem is physically stronger.. Hits harder.. He can take anything Paulie hits him with and not stop..

I think Artem swarms Paulie in that little ring.. I think Paulie is in for a bad beating and TKO

Your nuts.. I am going to make my first online bet to a site if paulie is a underdog . This is strsight bareknuckle boxing. Remember artem has the reach of a small child. 

5/22/19 10:48 PM
10/24/10
TheRoguewrestler - LOL @ Paulie not hitting hard. Ya maybe against other pro boxers with gloves. Hes going to hit Artem clean a few times and probably end it with a combo. Night night Artem. Artem wont even touch him.

Stop it. Paulie's gonna win but let's not act like Artem is some dude off the street. He's a pro fighter who's been hit a lot. He knows how to take a punch. Boxers don't have some magic chin that other combat fighters don't. Paulie's a pop gun puncher, simple as that.

5/23/19 12:23 AM
11/9/18
Bobby Lupo -
Otlwgt - Didnt Mayweather say he wasnt impressed by Connor's punching power? Said he was average or so?

Mayweather (50-0 boxing), himself, gave big ups to McGregor’s (21-3 MMA, 0-1 boxing) surprising boxing chops. But, when it came to the Irishman’s dreaded power, it would appear he wasn’t that impressed.

“As far as his punching power – he’s solid,” Mayweather said in a press conference after the pay-per-view main event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. “I’ve felt it before, so that’s why I kept coming straight ahead.
“Obviously, it wasn’t the type of power to say, ‘I can’t come forward.’ Because if it were that type of power, I wouldn’t have come forward.”

Paulie said that Conor was super strong, but because he didn't know how to properly throw a punch, he lost a lot of power and it was good, but not great. 

Mayweather toyed with McGregors sorry ass. He didn't even train and still destroyed him.

5/23/19 9:42 AM
6/2/04
Otlwgt - Didnt Mayweather say he wasnt impressed by Connor's punching power? Said he was average or so?

Paulie said the same thing after the sparring session, and that was before all the drama started. I think he said Conor had "decent" and that it wasn't "oh my god" power...which made sense, frankly. When you consider that Paulie has fought some of the boxers of this generation, it's not surprising that he's felt more power than Conor. He didn't say Conor hit like a bitch or anything, but said if he was a pro boxer, he wouldn't be known for being a huge puncher. 

5/23/19 11:12 AM
12/19/10

LOL. Paulie is going to get fucked up.. anyone who doesnt see that is deluded

5/23/19 11:35 AM
1/12/05
Rickmassmma - 
Otlwgt - Didnt Mayweather say he wasnt impressed by Connor's punching power? Said he was average or so?

Paulie said the same thing after the sparring session, and that was before all the drama started. I think he said Conor had "decent" and that it wasn't "oh my god" power...which made sense, frankly. When you consider that Paulie has fought some of the boxers of this generation, it's not surprising that he's felt more power than Conor. He didn't say Conor hit like a bitch or anything, but said if he was a pro boxer, he wouldn't be known for being a huge puncher. 

Exacty. Conor, himself has been dismissive of his own punching power, saying that it's timing and placement rather than natural power that allows him to finish fights. 

5/23/19 12:24 PM
12/7/14
Bobby Lupo -
Rickmassmma - 

Exacty. Conor, himself has been dismissive of his own punching power, saying that it's timing and placement rather than natural power that allows him to finish fights. 

yeah, he just can't get those sniper angles against someone like Floyd.  The distance management is all different in boxing, and a top-level boxer like that isn't going to just come charging in throwing wildly like Aldo or Eddie.

5/23/19 2:10 PM
10/4/18
tbi0904 - 
TheRoguewrestler - LOL @ Paulie not hitting hard. Ya maybe against other pro boxers with gloves. Hes going to hit Artem clean a few times and probably end it with a combo. Night night Artem. Artem wont even touch him.

Stop it. Paulie's gonna win but let's not act like Artem is some dude off the street. He's a pro fighter who's been hit a lot. He knows how to take a punch. Boxers don't have some magic chin that other combat fighters don't. Paulie's a pop gun puncher, simple as that.

LOL mkay. Again, Artem is going to be stopped by a "pop gun puncher"...
5/23/19 3:39 PM
1/12/05
Boom Boom Mancino - 
Bobby Lupo -
Rickmassmma - 

yeah, he just can't get those sniper angles against someone like Floyd.  The distance management is all different in boxing, and a top-level boxer like that isn't going to just come charging in throwing wildly like Aldo or Eddie.

Yep. His style of MMA boxing worked really well for him due to his timing, reflexes, trap and counters. He's not going to be able to land that cleanly on a pro boxer b/c the boxing isn't going to expose himself the same way an MMA fighter will. Conor loses a bit of quickness at 153 as opposed to 145, and the bigger gloves don't help matters. 

That said, he did much better than expected, especially considering the fact that he doesn't know how to properly box and was trained by a TKD guy and a BJJ guy to take on one of the world's most experienced and technical boxers. 

5/23/19 3:41 PM
10/1/16
triforce - 

This isn't boxing with 16 oz gloves on boys and girls. 

Neither is professional boxing, boy or girl. 16 oz is for training.
5/23/19 3:43 PM
1/12/05
TheRoguewrestler - 
tbi0904 - 

How do you see this going? 

5/23/19 4:41 PM
2/5/06
This is Paulie's fight to lose

If he comes in just swinging on Artem thinking he's gonna put him away he could be in some trouble. His whole training should be about it being a boxing match and not a "fight" ...don't make it an emotional brawl.

If he sticks to boxing with his footwork he should be able to pick him apart and bust him up at will and win it easily
5/23/19 5:58 PM
10/4/18
Bobby Lupo - 
TheRoguewrestler - 
tbi0904 - 

Artem comes out looking for a single shot. Paulie will start tagging him with counters. Once Artem starts eating quick, sharp shots he will start going into a shell while winging shots that will not land and Paulie will start to initiate his own combos. I see the fight being stopped with artum either covering up in a corner or going down and staying down.
5/23/19 6:20 PM
1/12/05
TheRoguewrestler - 
Bobby Lupo - 
TheRoguewrestler - 
tbi0904 - 

Artem comes out looking for a single shot. Paulie will start tagging him with counters. Once Artem starts eating quick, sharp shots he will start going into a shell while winging shots that will not land and Paulie will start to initiate his own combos. I see the fight being stopped with artum either covering up in a corner or going down and staying down.

That seems likely, and what I think is going to happen. There's a possible cut stoppage outcome with the handwraps. 

Paulie's not going to do anything that could possibly cost him a potential McGregor payday. He's a hothead outside of the ring, but all business inside. 

Edited: 5/23/19 11:08 PM
12/7/14

I guess the question is whether Artem can somehow exploit the ruleset and grab Paulie in a clinch in a way he's never trained for and (Russian) hammer him - turn it into more of a hockey fight than a proper boxing match.

5/23/19 9:44 PM
2/14/14
Boom Boom Mancino -

I guess the question is whether Artem can somehow exploit the ruleset and grab Paulie in a clinch in a way he's never trained for and hammer him - turn it into more of a hockey fight than a proper boxing match.

This and the ring is linke telephone booth.. The GOAT will starch Pauline 

5/24/19 12:33 PM
10/4/18
Bobby Lupo - 
TheRoguewrestler - 
Bobby Lupo - 
TheRoguewrestler - 
tbi0904 - 

That seems likely, and what I think is going to happen. There's a possible cut stoppage outcome with the handwraps. 

Paulie's not going to do anything that could possibly cost him a potential McGregor payday. He's a hothead outside of the ring, but all business inside. 

Ya, I can see Paulie cutting him as well.
5/24/19 12:42 PM
1/1/11

Anyone think paulie's gonna break his hands in this? 

5/24/19 1:09 PM
7/24/16

Schlaub said something interesting I didn't think about. He said Paulie has a shitload more scar tissue than Artem and they stop these fights due to cuts a lot faster than gloved combat sports. It makes for an interesting conversation if nothing else.

5/24/19 1:26 PM
2/5/06
NEWSFLASH - 

Anyone think paulie's gonna break his hands in this? 

Very possible

He can't throw as hard as he can, that's a valid point.

Artem may be able to throw as hard as he can.

I still see it going the way of Paulies skills, even though he was never known to be a good defensive boxer....he isn't Floyd, he relied on durability not avoidance.

My brain still tells me he should probably walk through this pretty easily though.
5/24/19 2:16 PM
8/20/03

Paulie has better footwork and hands imo but the ring is small so I'm not sure he can stay out of reach and I think Artem can take what Paulie throws at him and keep coming.

The other issue is that I don't know if Paulie's hands can take the throwing and not get crushed and I am not sure Paulie can take the shots flush without gloves.

So much up in the air.