UnderGround Forums Weidman never beat Anderson Silva

6 days ago
2/19/18

kind of agree with Frumps here

6 days ago
8/18/13

Huge Silva fan, can’t stand Weismann.

Anderson clowned every fighter he defended against with the same head out move to lure them in. He finally paid for it. It’s a legitimate win and anyone who says it isn’t simply hasn’t followed Silvas career or doesn’t understand how he uses taunting to force a counter attack opportunity 

6 days ago
7/15/17
Dreville79 -

Huge Silva fan, can’t stand Weismann.

Anderson clowned every fighter he defended against with the same head out move to lure them in. He finally paid for it. It’s a legitimate win and anyone who says it isn’t simply hasn’t followed Silvas career or doesn’t understand how he uses taunting to force a counter attack opportunity 

I wonder how many people know that Silva's idol was roy Jones jr.  and Silva was doing a cheap version of Jones jr when  he was doing that head movement 

6 days ago
1/24/16

Its true both wins were flukes. Andy was starting to get the better of Weidman in both fights 

6 days ago
11/8/08

If anderson loses it forsnt count because he wasnt the real Anderson Silva, but if he would have won then it would be a different story? Ball licking fans are so delusional

6 days ago
2/15/06
Weidman stopped Anderson twice. No denying this. Only delusional fans would try to take that away from him.
6 days ago
1/24/16

Weidman won. Ok great but both wins were flukes.

Anderson was always a slow starter he would have tkod Weidman in the later rounds in both fights.

He had better cardio and bigger balls. Rewatch the fights and you will see the momentum was shifting towards Andy. 

6 days ago
8/26/11

Silva fans need to shut the fluke up! 

6 days ago
5/5/12

Weidman and Silva fought for 4 rds and Weidman handidly won every single one of them.

6 days ago
7/19/13

Rockhold killed the Weidman aura.. guy hasn’t been the same since that fight. I remember at one point in his career a fight with Jones seemed logical, shit some of us actually thought he would do well. Not so much at this point.. he’s fighting Reyes in his next fight, and like GodofThunder said in his vlog above, I don’t think he gets past Reyes. Who knows though! When you least expect it is when ppl surprise you..

6 days ago
9/19/19

Only the second fight was a fluke

6 days ago
8/6/06

No, he actually beat him twice, and the second fight Weidman was dominating before he broke Andetson's leg. He almost finished Anderson and dropped him 

6 days ago
1/18/14

I don’t know if anyone would argue that Weidman is a better martial artist, but the fact is Anderson has two “Ls” next to his name courtesy of a clean KO and a proper check of a leg kick.  You want to say Anderson wins 8 out of 10 fights, that can be debated, but the first two can’t.

6 days ago
1/1/01
Noobs gonna noob
6 days ago
11/9/17

They were fluke wins for sure but put the blame on Anderson if you ask me

6 days ago
8/24/15
StrikingMMA - Weidman stopped Anderson twice. No denying this. Only delusional fans would try to take that away from him.

Edited: 6 days ago
8/24/15

6 days ago
10/24/14

Why does it always have to be so one or the other. Yeah he won twice but everyone with half a brain knows they aren’t the most legitimate of wins. The first fight silva showed too much disrespect and payed, the second was a complete fluke. Both unfortunate outcomes but it is what it is. Anderson is the goat. 

6 days ago
10/8/07

If Anderson hadn't of goofed off in the first fight I think history would've been different. He played around too much and he ran into the wrong opponent to do that to. Got caught and his career was never the same.

6 days ago
12/9/18

A clean knockout and a perfectly checked kick aren’t legit? Even if that check didn’t break the leg Anderson was not gonna throw another kick his leg woulda been fucked up badly.

6 days ago
10/3/16
Dick Niaz -

I don’t know if anyone would argue that Weidman is a better martial artist, but the fact is Anderson has two “Ls” next to his name courtesy of a clean KO and a proper check of a leg kick.  You want to say Anderson wins 8 out of 10 fights, that can be debated, but the first two can’t.

The 8/10 and 9/10 have no logic.

There were two fights, Silva lost, that's all that matters.

Hypotheticals are for soul searchers.

6 days ago
5/6/16
Weidman handed Siva his ass twice, And I like Silva
6 days ago
11/19/06

Chris KOd him in the second fight too. His eyes were rolling with that GNP. Haha. Lame ass Anderson fans. He got completely outclassed both fights.

6 days ago
7/2/15

I remember the headlines after the first Anderson/Weidman fight. It wasn't "Weidman beats Silva in stunning upset." It was more like "Silva clowns around and loses title." Total disregard for Chris's accomplishment.

Like others have said here, Anderson's hands down/head movement to bait opponents was a tactic he'd used with success multiple times before. He wanted Weidman to try to hit him so he (Silva) could land a counter. Weidman happened to be the first one to beat Anderson's strategy and the MMA media and fans gave him no credit for it. I resent it to this day when I think about it. 

6 days ago
11/9/17
The Destroyer88 - 

If Anderson hadn't of goofed off in the first fight I think history would've been different. He played around too much and he ran into the wrong opponent to do that to. Got caught and his career was never the same.

Yep, every fight since has been a glorified sparring session!