UnderGround Forums Weirdest MMA interview I ever read

2/20/20 12:40 AM
1/1/01

I read the RSS from 75+ websites, scour the UG, and follow 100s of social media feeds trying to find the sport's most compelling content. I've been involved in MMA on a professional basis since late in 1993. And I have never read a weirder interview than the great Josh Gross speaking with Diego Sanchez's new head trainer Josh Fabia, founder of the ironically titled School of Self Awareness (SOS). It runs 6,500 words. 

This is a brief excerpt:

"Then, again, look who I am. You see? Do not question things when you see the guy in the movie that you can’t look up. Just recognize it’s above your paygrade, playboy. Like I’ve been doing some things in the world which nobody is supposed to know. And you a**holes that think of celebrity trainers, and this and that. No, dude, that’s all a joke. When you train real people, it’s called NDAs, so I don’t know this bulls*** that you might think is going on. And then I’m over here actually trying to figure out something for free and helping the special needs and helping [unintelligible]. What are you doing? You see what I mean. You guys are not good people. You’re not acting like good people. So now I’m going to check the wall for unaware people and being sheeple. Now I’m going to put you guys on the chopping block for being a**holes and not seeing that the industry that you love, this fight industry, this energy of toxicity and negativity, this bulls*** that’s going on with me, is exactly what spills out into society as assault, and a**holes wearing board shorts and UFC shirts thinking that they’re tough. Then this thing happens where none of this culture, none of you people making money off of all this, are taking any responsibility for your participation in the bulls*** demise of our society. Stir the bulls*** and keep waving it in everybody’s face. Stir ’em up. Let’s say it the wrong way. Let’s call him a quitter and put a question mark. Let me ask a question, man. Why aren’t you making any questions of how the f*** and why the f*** do they have the footage out of Diego having to say anything when it is official UFC rules that the ref calls a disqualification, not the fighter? So now you are putting the fighter at risk asking them a question with a head strike — an obvious head strike, not a glancing — and put them on the spot, and now you’re going to take that video and exploit them and tarnish his legacy? You want to go to Diego’s account and look at all the bulls*** bot chickens*** that’s going on out there? And where are these bot accounts coming from? If you’re so f***ing smart, follow the money. Who can afford that and who wants to paint the narrative? Is Pereira getting any of this? That’s what I’m saying, man. Nobody is seeing any of this, but yet you’re talking real loud making a lot of noise and pointing a lot of fingers, man."

Dan Quinn and Datsik, it's time to dow down to the new master.

Read entire interview at The Athletic (subscription, and worth it)

2/20/20 12:46 AM
7/19/13

Lmao... sadly I understood most of it. He’s talking in retard to code what he’s really trying to say. He can’t say much about what he wants to say, so he made it read back like gibberish, but he’s actually saying a whole lot when you read between the lines of the nonsense that he said. The keyword in all of it is NDA. That’s why he suddenly can’t make a lick of sense, but makes plenty of sense to someone who understands what an NDA is.. 

2/20/20 12:51 AM
1/24/16

Nick Diaz is Diego's new trainer?

2/20/20 1:13 AM
4/25/11

CTE

2/20/20 1:28 AM
2/15/06

I don't know how it reads funnier. If I read it in Dan Quinn's voice or Greta Thunberg's voice.

Edited: 2/20/20 1:34 AM
9/14/19
Kirik -

I read the RSS from 75+ websites, scour the UG, and follow 100s of social media feeds trying to find the sport's most compelling content. I've been involved in MMA on a professional basis since late in 1993. And I have never read a weirder interview than the great Josh Gross speaking with Diego Sanchez's new head trainer Josh Fabia, founder of the ironically titled School of Self Awareness (SOS). It runs 6,500 words. 

This is a brief excerpt:

"Then, again, look who I am. You see? Do not question things when you see the guy in the movie that you can’t look up. Just recognize it’s above your paygrade, playboy. Like I’ve been doing some things in the world which nobody is supposed to know. And you a**holes that think of celebrity trainers, and this and that. No, dude, that’s all a joke. When you train real people, it’s called NDAs, so I don’t know this bulls*** that you might think is going on. And then I’m over here actually trying to figure out something for free and helping the special needs and helping [unintelligible]. What are you doing? You see what I mean. You guys are not good people. You’re not acting like good people. So now I’m going to check the wall for unaware people and being sheeple. Now I’m going to put you guys on the chopping block for being a**holes and not seeing that the industry that you love, this fight industry, this energy of toxicity and negativity, this bulls*** that’s going on with me, is exactly what spills out into society as assault, and a**holes wearing board shorts and UFC shirts thinking that they’re tough. Then this thing happens where none of this culture, none of you people making money off of all this, are taking any responsibility for your participation in the bulls*** demise of our society. Stir the bulls*** and keep waving it in everybody’s face. Stir ’em up. Let’s say it the wrong way. Let’s call him a quitter and put a question mark. Let me ask a question, man. Why aren’t you making any questions of how the f*** and why the f*** do they have the footage out of Diego having to say anything when it is official UFC rules that the ref calls a disqualification, not the fighter? So now you are putting the fighter at risk asking them a question with a head strike — an obvious head strike, not a glancing — and put them on the spot, and now you’re going to take that video and exploit them and tarnish his legacy? You want to go to Diego’s account and look at all the bulls*** bot chickens*** that’s going on out there? And where are these bot accounts coming from? If you’re so f***ing smart, follow the money. Who can afford that and who wants to paint the narrative? Is Pereira getting any of this? That’s what I’m saying, man. Nobody is seeing any of this, but yet you’re talking real loud making a lot of noise and pointing a lot of fingers, man."

Dan Quinn and Datsik, it's time to dow down to the new master.

Read entire interview at The Athletic (subscription, and worth it)

He's right though

journalists stand up there spouting off about how bad someone is and acting like they are exposing something great when these journalist aren't doing shot themselves to be good people. They aren't doing charities or running youth foundations.

fuck these journalists who act better than the people they say they are "exposing"

what a joke lmao 

2/20/20 2:56 AM
1/1/12
KnockoutThoughts -

Lmao... sadly I understood most of it. He’s talking in retard to code what he’s really trying to say. He can’t say much about what he wants to say, so he made it read back like gibberish, but he’s actually saying a whole lot when you read between the lines of the nonsense that he said. The keyword in all of it is NDA. That’s why he suddenly can’t make a lick of sense, but makes plenty of sense to someone who understands what an NDA is.. 

You said a lot of words my friend.

2/20/20 4:43 AM
7/19/13
OG 12er -
KnockoutThoughts -

You said a lot of words my friend.

NDA! NDA! I plead the 5th.. 

2/20/20 5:09 AM
8/3/11

I thought you were reading my Russian MMA interviews my man 

2/20/20 5:15 AM
7/19/13
touch -

I thought you were reading my Russian MMA interviews my man 

NDA. Russian MMA is good. Interviews are for interesting relationships on tiNDAr. I don’t touch men..NDA

2/20/20 6:20 AM
1/7/06
KnockoutThoughts -

"Sadly" is the most true word in your post lol.   Do me a favor and translate for me?

2/20/20 6:24 AM
1/7/06

This is FOR REAL narcissism, delusions of grandeur, borderline schizophrenic babble.  It's LITERALLY crazy.  

2/20/20 7:29 AM
5/7/08
KnockoutThoughts -

Speaking of using retard to code what you're really trying to say...

2/20/20 7:30 AM
5/24/03
Wow that's insane!!! Didn't even know Josh Gross was still involved in the MMA media.
2/20/20 7:33 AM
6/5/14

That was weird, but honestly it made about as much sense as the transcripts of Trump speeches and interviews and you guys are cool with that.  So no biggie I guess?

Edited: 2/20/20 8:58 AM
1/1/10

2/20/20 9:05 AM
4/23/16
RobGMAA -

That was weird, but honestly it made about as much sense as the transcripts of Trump speeches and interviews and you guys are cool with that.  So no biggie I guess?

Retard much Faggot?

2/20/20 9:42 AM
12/26/07
He's not far off though
2/20/20 9:46 AM
1/1/12
RobGMAA -

4 more years in your head rent free. How are you gonna manage?

2/20/20 9:56 AM
1/1/10
Turbo54 -
RobGMAA -

Retard much Faggot?

As a non yankee, it's pretty sad to see that this is what half of your country thinks of the other half. The vicious hatred and kneejerk attacks against the other Tribe make me wonder where it's going to end? Just keep it inside your borders.

2/20/20 9:57 AM
5/13/05
OG 12er -
RobGMAA -

4 more years in your head rent free. How are you gonna manage?

lol

2/20/20 10:02 AM
1/1/01

Man he kinda had me until the ‘UFC bots on Diego’s IG’ bit. Get this dude help lol

2/20/20 10:02 AM
4/19/09
RobGMAA -

Imagine being so pathetic that you're seething about Trump when reading a Josh Fabia schizo interview. 

2/20/20 10:12 AM
4/23/16
Loiosh -
Turbo54 -
RobGMAA -

Retard much Faggot?

As a non yankee, it's pretty sad to see that this is what half of your country thinks of the other half. The vicious hatred and kneejerk attacks against the other Tribe make me wonder where it's going to end? Just keep it inside your borders.

Imma guess you voted for Trudeau

2/20/20 10:18 AM
1/1/01
StrikingMMA - 

I don't know how it reads funnier. If I read it in Dan Quinn's voice or Greta Thunberg's voice.

I did it in Dan Quinn's voice, playboy. I was bummed, however, at the lack of sweet, sweet Stevia references by Mr. Fabia.