UnderGround Forums What exactly did Colby do wrong RE: Jorge/Poirier?

9 days ago
1/1/01
Support Trump?
9 days ago
2/15/06
I think the only complaint against Colby is that he keeps trying to negotiate too much with the UFC. He should just take the title fight, win the belt and then be in the driver's seat.
9 days ago
3/30/14
FatBuddha - Support Trump?

One of them referenced Colby doing something really shitty to one of the main ATT coaches

9 days ago
5/24/08

Give over you beta boys. It's got nothing to do with Colby's support of trump I know you sheep want to think that which is why you love that cringey fake dude so much. Dude acts like he got himself into white house to meet trump. When it was thanks to Dana White. Guy has no code. Talks shit about close friends is complete fake and two faced. Full of shit. I don't know how anyone with a brain can be a fan of the dude. 

9 days ago
6/17/16

It's all a big work to put butts in seats and cash some fat checks.

Friends helping friends get paid, the xxxtra-realness adds to the drama feels.

Sometimes if the man plays hardball a hard working man has to go get himself paid.

The smarkest mark I know told me so.

9 days ago
5/11/05

Colby runs his mouth. Like Chael, like McGregor, like Askren. 

Some people don’t play that game,

so they do what is super necessary...

Colby may one day shine at the top but he’s setting himself up far an ever bigger fall.

9 days ago
8/20/03
StrikingMMA - I think the only complaint against Colby is that he keeps trying to negotiate too much with the UFC. He should just take the title fight, win the belt and then be in the driver's seat.

This.

Colby screwed himself by holding out for more money.

If he had taken the fight, won the belt, he then would be in a great position to do far more than he could from his current position.

Again, this is an issue brought up by the ridculous use of interim titles and the lack of rules around them and consistancy around stripping titles.

9 days ago
2/15/06
ValeTudo 1 - 

Give over you beta boys. It's got nothing to do with Colby's support of trump I know you sheep want to think that which is why you love that cringey fake dude so much. Dude acts like he got himself into white house to meet trump. When it was thanks to Dana White. Guy has no code. Talks shit about close friends is complete fake and two faced. Full of shit. I don't know how anyone with a brain can be a fan of the dude. 

I tend to be a fan of a guy's fighting skills, not so much their personality.
9 days ago
6/23/10

Hes doing exactly what he needs to.  No one outside of hardcore fans talked about Woodley.  Usman dominated him and has had an impressive run ever since being in the UFC.  Yet NO ONE talks about him. 

Every morning, my mma newsfeed is headlined by either Colby, Khabib or Conor.  Love him or hate him, everyone seems to be talking about him.  And that's exactly how you get paid.  People will pay way more in hopes of watching him lose than 2 respectful well decorated mixed martial artists fight. 

9 days ago
3/22/16
Masvidal just dropped some insight and truf about Colby:

“He ripped off my coach, that was his coach. We were with him until his title fight. After he won the title, he owed him a certain amount of money, didn’t pay him,” Masvidal said on Thursday when appearing on the ‘Dan LeBatard Show’. “I said if you don’t pay him I’m going to f—k you up. My coach got in between it, it doesn’t have to be like this, let it slide, since thing I ain’t talked to the dude.
“It’s been about a year and some change. It is what it is."

Also regarding Colby's heel schtick:

“People do tune in but it’s not as much as he would want and you can tell by the way that he’s talking. Bringing up chicks. Why do you kiss and tell? Were you not raised by gentlemen? Who cares if you are or not banging chicks. Who cares? What the hell?”

“I don’t think it sells fights,” Masvidal said about Covington’s persona. “If you go look at the people that tuned into his last fight, he has the lowest watched ESPN MMA event. I don’t know if that mathematically transgresses or what.
9 days ago
1/9/11
Don J - Masvidal just dropped some insight and truf about Colby:

“He ripped off my coach, that was his coach. We were with him until his title fight. After he won the title, he owed him a certain amount of money, didn’t pay him,” Masvidal said on Thursday when appearing on the ‘Dan LeBatard Show’. “I said if you don’t pay him I’m going to f—k you up. My coach got in between it, it doesn’t have to be like this, let it slide, since thing I ain’t talked to the dude.
“It’s been about a year and some change. It is what it is."

Also regarding Colby's heel schtick:

“People do tune in but it’s not as much as he would want and you can tell by the way that he’s talking. Bringing up chicks. Why do you kiss and tell? Were you not raised by gentlemen? Who cares if you are or not banging chicks. Who cares? What the hell?”

“I don’t think it sells fights,” Masvidal said about Covington’s persona. “If you go look at the people that tuned into his last fight, he has the lowest watched ESPN MMA event. I don’t know if that mathematically transgresses or what.

Putting his camp drama aside, and there is a lot but bear with me. Whether or not you want to believe it.. If the UFC enjoyed his shtick, they'd have paid him.

Going after Dana in Vegas to put him on blast. Amongst the other shenanigans, calling out the UFC online and in interviews.. He pissed everybody off. 

We know he will fail and yes people want to see it. But he is not getting the views he wants, which makes it hilarious.

I found this on reddit, posted by a user there. 

"Imagine being Colby: making a conscious decision to turn yourself into this cartoon character to try and get noticed and make money. At the same time, you keep winning and climbing the rankings.

And then your buddy Jorge, who just went on being himself and wasn't nearly as successful in his fights, gets this (what was supposed to be YOUR main event) after you were unable to reach terms for a title fight."

He really is his own worst enemy, and my King of Cringe.

Edited: 9 days ago
1/1/01
Masvidal seems like the kind of guy to have a beef with someone then come up with reasons to justify it afterwards. His reasons for disliking Colby seem to have as much legitimacy as his claim that he didn't like Askren because Askren was "racist" that absolutely no one could find a shred of evidence for. Weak.
Edited: 9 days ago
6/3/08

You need to pay it forward and take the fight. You win that fight and then your stock goes up. Colby is an idiot.