UnderGround Forums What is the best pure performance ever?

14 days ago
2/5/14
Taylor27 -

Cody v cruz

This

14 days ago
10/15/07

Which ever one Rogan says. 

14 days ago
12/7/18
BJTT-BigDaddy - First one that came to mind was TJ vs. Barao.

Max vs. Ortega is up there too, I was more impressed by that than Conor vs. Eddie for some reason. No, I'm not taking anything from Conor I just feel Eddie was beat by Conor's aura before he even got in the ring, whereas Ortega was an undefeated, tested, #1 ranked opponent who was 100% on his game and just got demolished.

Naw. Ortega looked intimidated by Holloway. there have been many fighters who ended up dominating their fight, who felt nervous or scared before the fight. It's no excuse. The best fighters know how to use it for good, and simply perform. How do you know Max wasnt the one who was nervous before the Ortega fight? Alvarez was a 28-4 fighter before he fought Conor. Alvarez didnt suddenly forget how to perform. Alvarez with more then 30+ fights wasnt suddenly going to forget how to fight because of an aura. Thats beyond stupid. Your excuse is a lame one. People just cant come to terms with how next-level Conor truly is. They rather cling on to the rare exception of the Khabib fight, where Conor was only at 10%. The truth is, that Conor at 100% is the real greatest talent we have ever seen in MMA. Alvarez wasnt the only one who Conor made look like a complete joke. We are talking about fighters like Poirier, Holloway, and Aldo whom Conor also made look like amatures 

14 days ago
12/3/16

Shogun vs. Rampage

14 days ago
6/23/10

Masvidal vs Askren 

14 days ago
11/30/10

I will always remember Masvidal/Diaz as a spectacular performance and more importantly as a fight that was supposed to be close that wasn’t at all.

14 days ago
6/30/11

Jbj Vs shogun.

14 days ago
11/20/18

Usman vs Woodley

14 days ago
8/24/15
stookartz -

Conor vs Eddie

Tj vs barao

They're the two that first came to mind

Same here

14 days ago
5/8/13
Siciliano di Brooklyn - Cro Cop vs Wand 2

Came here to say this. 

14 days ago
7/16/13

Gsp and kos wasnt interesting to watch, but it was a very disciplined fight. Deserves honorable mention 

14 days ago
1/16/18
Taylor27 -

Cody v cruz

Great answer, forgot about this one. 

14 days ago
7/16/13

RDA vs Pettis

14 days ago
2/29/16

Anderson vs. Leben

100% strike chart.

Best pure performance of all time.

14 days ago
12/7/18
The Finest Of The Breed -

Shogun vs. Rampage

Great choice 

14 days ago
4/11/14
Sam Stout vs Spencer Fisher... the first fight

I could watch that fight on replay for days.
14 days ago
1/17/15

Anderson Silva vs yushin Okami

14 days ago
8/18/15
Taylor27 -

Cody v cruz

Came here to say this 

14 days ago
10/5/12
ConorWinsTheRematch -
dizzy_chizzy -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
R1WARRIOR -
T?bikan J?dan -

Anderson vs Forrest 

This. 

You can close the thread, there’s no discussion possible here. 

Theres certainly a discussion. Forrest was not only a gift stylistic match up for Anderson, Forrest was KOd the week before the fight in sparring, and was drugged out on xanax during the fight. Anderson vs Forrest was as close to a fixed fight/fixed outcome, as there has ever been.

-Conor put on a far cleaner display of elite level boxing with his fienting, leadhand control, and footwork 

-Where as Anderson had a hand picked drugged out brawler running face first at him giving up the "counter" on silver platters.

-Conor beat a far more impressive, far more legitimate opponent in Alvarez.

Conor vs Alvarez blows Anderson vs Forrest out of the water. Conor vs Alvarez was actually a legitimate, nonfixed fight 

Conor vs Khabib is also up there too.

Lmao. Conor winning a round automatically disqualifies the Khabib fight from this discussion "best pure performance". Sonnen's first fight over Anderson has 1000x more of a claim for "best pure most dominant performance." also, Conor was rusty and injuried, so the result has an asterisk. This discussion is only reserved for when a fighter was impressive against an elite PRIME opponent. 

I get that you will stick to what the scorecards said, but Conor didn't win shit in that fight. He was allowed to cheat repeatedly and that was his most effective technique. He held the cage, shorts, and gloves, yet still quit without an attempt at escaping. The only reason it doesn't fit the pure idea is because Conor was allowed to cheat so much. Khabib overcame Conor and the ref that night.

14 days ago
8/15/11

Tough to name one but if I had to rank them. 

1- Anderson Franklin 1. Just amazing to watch Anderson do nothing to size him up then just destroy a champion like it was effortless. 

2- Cody Cruz which was made Cruz look like an amateur. 

3-  Conor Eddie. 

All had impact imo and I don't think my no. 1 has been mentioned yet. 

14 days ago
1/16/17
ConorWinsTheRematch -
dizzy_chizzy -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
R1WARRIOR -
T?bikan J?dan -

Anderson vs Forrest 

This. 

You can close the thread, there’s no discussion possible here. 

Theres certainly a discussion. Forrest was not only a gift stylistic match up for Anderson, Forrest was KOd the week before the fight in sparring, and was drugged out on xanax during the fight. Anderson vs Forrest was as close to a fixed fight/fixed outcome, as there has ever been.

-Conor put on a far cleaner display of elite level boxing with his fienting, leadhand control, and footwork 

-Where as Anderson had a hand picked drugged out brawler running face first at him giving up the "counter" on silver platters.

-Conor beat a far more impressive, far more legitimate opponent in Alvarez.

Conor vs Alvarez blows Anderson vs Forrest out of the water. Conor vs Alvarez was actually a legitimate, nonfixed fight 

Conor vs Khabib is also up there too.

Lmao. Conor winning a round automatically disqualifies the Khabib fight from this discussion "best pure performance". Sonnen's first fight over Anderson has 1000x more of a claim for "best pure most dominant performance." also, Conor was rusty and injuried, so the result has an asterisk. This discussion is only reserved for when a fighter was impressive against an elite PRIME opponent. 

Whatever pal. 

14 days ago
12/28/14
T?bikan J?dan -

RDA vs Pettis

I came to post this. Most one sided beat down in mma history against the most hyped opponent. That fight single handily ruined Pettis

14 days ago
11/28/03

kelvin-bisping

14 days ago
2/15/06
I never expected Woodley to be shut out for 5 rounds the way Usman shut him out.
14 days ago
9/13/14

Fedor vs Tim Sylvia