UnderGround Forums What is the best pure performance ever?

15 days ago
5/30/15
ConorWinsTheRematch -
R1WARRIOR -
T?bikan J?dan -

Anderson vs Forrest 

This. 

You can close the thread, there’s no discussion possible here. 

Theres certainly a discussion. Forrest was not only a gift stylistic match up for Anderson, Forrest was KOd the week before the fight in sparring, and was drugged out on xanax during the fight. Anderson vs Forrest was as close to a fixed fight/fixed outcome, as there has ever been.

-Conor put on a far cleaner display of elite level boxing with his fienting, leadhand control, and footwork 

-Where as Anderson had a hand picked drugged out brawler running face first at him giving up the "counter" on silver platters.

-Conor beat a far more impressive, far more legitimate opponent in Alvarez.

Conor vs Alvarez blows Anderson vs Forrest out of the water. Conor vs Alvarez was actually a legitimate, nonfixed fight 

Lol. No. 

15 days ago
12/23/11

Another vote for Conor vs Eddie. 

Conor looked other worldly in that fight. 

15 days ago
12/23/11

15 days ago
10/26/05
How about Anderson vs Leben
15 days ago
1/1/01

Probably Sitenkov vs McGregor.  Locked on that kneebar in a minute and tippety tap.  Really flawless victory.  Maybe Joe Duffy's :40 second embarrassment of McGregor overshadows Sitenkov's :69 second win.  Not sure but these are dominant flawless performances against an obviously legend status Conor Mcgregor.  Not sure, but I would probably go with Sitenkov's.

15 days ago
1/1/01

I didn't know, until CWTR informed us all, that Anderson vs Forrest was a worked match.  Since that one is out, I guess, if we are talking UFC, Don Frye's obliteration of Amaury Bitteti or Anderson's execution of Yushin Okami would suffice.

15 days ago
1/1/01
chupecabre - How about Anderson vs Leben

This. 

15 days ago
10/17/13
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick - 

Fedor vs Nog

This.
15 days ago
10/20/16
Samoa -

This. 

Shit, it’s hard to choose between Silva’s destruction of Leben, Franklin, and Griffin... all three were pretty flawless

15 days ago
4/2/11
michaelwbray -

Joe Lauzon vs Gabe Reudiger

So many good answers in this thread! 

I don’t remember Lauzon vs Gabe but that made me think. JLo vs Guillard.  Joes hit him with a hoof of a jab and swung around him like lightning to get the RNC. 

Just fucking fantastic

15 days ago
2/24/19

Chael Vs Anderson I ... for four rounds ... until it wasn’t! 

15 days ago
1/7/09

Anderson vs Franklin.

15 days ago
1/7/09

Go back to Japan where the competition is easier

15 days ago
4/13/15
Rakoshi -

Chael Vs Anderson I ... for four rounds ... until it wasn’t! 

If Anderson didn’t get that triangle this would be a near unanimous number one.  

Edited: 15 days ago
7/18/11

Honorary mention: Silva vs Leben

edit: I guess it was already mentioned!

I’ll definitely second both Nate vs Gomi and Conor vs Alvarez

15 days ago
2/29/16
Mandible_Claw -

Anderson vs. Leben

100% strike chart.

Best pure performance of all time.

^^^^

The only answer is Anderson vs. Leben. I said it earlier and those of you who don't think the same should go watch that fight because it was PERFECTION.

15 days ago
8/13/15
FatChrist Magic - 

Couture v. Vitor 1

Tito v. Frank Shamrock

I would add Maurice Smith vs Mark Coleman.

Tito vs. Frank Shamrock for sure. Most people on this thread would not know about Frank's greatness during his UFC run. His game plan and ability to pull it off was only to be outdone by training partner Maurice Smith vs. Coleman. Early on, game plans were pretty vague. These fights were some of the first masterful performances in the UFC.
15 days ago
5/26/18

Kerr vs. Varleans

Hughes vs. Gracie

St. Pierre vs. Fitch

15 days ago
2/6/11

Fedor vs the hammer 

15 days ago
11/1/19

Shogun vs Rampage

15 days ago
4/8/07
mike bisping vs kung lee should be mentioned
15 days ago
8/6/06

Max vs Ortega? Pretty sure Ortega won round 3.

15 days ago
8/6/06

Dillashaw vs Barao 1 & 2, and Velasquez vs Dos Santos 2 & 3.

15 days ago
1/1/01
Randy vs Chuck 1
Edited: 15 days ago
12/7/18
bootysweat -
Samoa -

This. 

Shit, it’s hard to choose between Silva’s destruction of Leben, Franklin, and Griffin... all three were pretty flawless

And All 3 against subpar opponents. How convenient that those were the only times Anderson looked "good." that only further shows how over rated Anderson truly was. The first time he started fighting fundamentally sound disciplined technical strikers he started getting outclassed (Weidman and Bisping)

In fact, I nominate Chonan over Anderson and Weidman over Anderson as real pure dominant performances:)