UnderGround Forums What is your favorite Chael quote?

17 days ago
2/27/11

Not really a funny one but the one I quote most went something like.. 

"martial arts have come and gone, but taking someone down and punching them in the face has always worked" 

17 days ago
1/27/12

"Anderson Silva, you absolutely suck."

17 days ago
4/25/16

Ok great!

17 days ago
7/22/06

Fighting Anderson Silva is like eating Chinese food...

17 days ago
11/30/19

His bit about breaking into Silva's house with a pair of night vision goggles from solider of fortune magazine 

17 days ago
8/13/13

Chael "if you can't beat the man with your strength try tickling his balls then sucking his cock" 

17 days ago
7/30/03
dinkledorf -

The feeding carrots to a bus line is still my favorite. Credit goes to chaels joke writer

My favoite quote though is when he and Joe Rogan are joking about his trash talk and they get to the feeding a carrot joke and start laughing then all of a sudden he looks at Joe in a serious manner and says "no that was real."

The guy is funny. LMAO

17 days ago
2/5/06
Calhoon - 
dinkledorf -

The feeding carrots to a bus line is still my favorite. Credit goes to chaels joke writer

My favoite quote though is when he and Joe Rogan are joking about his trash talk and they get to the feeding a carrot joke and start laughing then all of a sudden he looks at Joe in a serious manner and says "no that was real."

The guy is funny. LMAO

That's the link I posted
17 days ago
3/22/16

Dont remember the exact quote, but when he was a coach on TUF he had alot of good ones.

" Its a fist fight, you're gonna get punched, its gonna hurt. Question is, can you keep pushing forward, can you push more than your opponent"

something like that.

17 days ago
9/24/09
Loiosh -

"I plead guilty, your Honor"

^^...to money laundering and mortgage fraud, for those who arrived late.^^

Swing and a miss. 

17 days ago
1/14/12

The whole monologue about Brazil and the Nog brothers was his finest moment.

17 days ago
11/28/03

"i thought tapping out meant u lost the round, not the fight"

pretty good joke

17 days ago
12/3/13
VFR -
Mmaster13 -

"I'm like Jon Jones, I sound like Sean Combs, and I got trombone size stones like John Holmes."

Credit to Mac Lethal for writing that joke:

1:47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32p8d6OudgU

Good knowledge! Mac has ridiculous skillz! 

17 days ago
2/5/06

Somber one....

When he was asked what he would say to his Dad about not winning a world title when he retired after the Machida fight...

He tears up and says "I'd just tell him I tried"

17 days ago
11/9/15

I can't let you get to close!

Sounded like some shit from a video game.

17 days ago
1/1/10
S Dubaya -
Loiosh -

Swing and a miss. 

Question was about my favorite Cheatin' Chael quote, and that is my favorite.

Never understood the worship of the guy. He's a scumbag, cheater and criminal, but hey, he's good at repeating the funny lines that others wrote so let's give him a pass.

17 days ago
10/27/03

No mention of the best MMA tshirt ever:

CHAEL SONNEN

MOSTLY CLEAN

16 days ago
1/19/12

There was an online Chael quote generator (http://chaelsonnensaidso.com/) but it's no longer functional. Too bad.

Edited: 16 days ago
7/2/09

"That sounds like a guy with a hispanic accent to me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpcB-TGjArs

16 days ago
7/2/09

^

I can't believe it's 2020 and this place doesn't do basic Day 1 College stuff like embed Youtube.  The mental gymnastics that the owners of this site have gone through to keep using crippled/vulnerable proprietary forum software.  Unreal.

Edited: 16 days ago
6/27/05
Loiosh -
S Dubaya -
Loiosh -

Swing and a miss. 

Never understood the worship of the guy. He's a scumbag, cheater and criminal, but hey, he's good at repeating the funny lines that others wrote so let's give him a pass.

This is MMA not a knitting circle.  Go watch girl gymnastics if you want to follow a scumbag free sport...

16 days ago
2/5/06
jgiveshead - 

^

I can't believe it's 2020 and this place doesn't do basic Day 1 College stuff like embed Youtube.  The mental gymnastics that the owners of this site have gone through to keep using crippled/vulnerable proprietary forum software.  Unreal.

You missed the memo huh?
16 days ago
6/27/05

"If you're asking me to share stories with you, that are frankly none of your business, maybe I'll give you a couple and maybe you'll take that little smug look off your face."

Here's were Sonnen busts out some hard-hitting details about how tough his upbringing was, right?

Not exactly.

This is where the feel of the interview begins to change and, though he remains staunch in his demeanor, Sonnen begins to let the audience in on the joke.

"I can date back to when I was 11-years-old. I'm minding my own business and I'm in a park. This guy, a stranger to me, takes a piece of gum out of his pocket. He puts it in his mouth and then he just throws the wrapper on the ground. He publicly litters. And I saw that! I had to see these things at a young age. Sure somebody came along, picked it up, and threw it in a trash can, but for the few moments where that sat on the ground and the law was violated in my neighborhood..."

Though many of the commenters on YouTube missed it, Sonnen is kidding around at this point. From there, Sonnen built on the joke, providing more and more ridiculous examples of the "hard knocks" he experienced growing up.

"We have chaos. We have anarchy at times in West Linn. There was years when my father didn't even make a-hundred-grand--or barely made a-hundred-grand--and sure we had a maid, but she only came twice a week. What do you think happened the other five days? You think those dishes washed themselves? You think those clothes got themselves in the hamper?"

Given that Sonnen has no background in performance arts, his acting in this video is impressive. Though the words he's saying make the joke clear, he doesn't once break character.

16 days ago
2/5/06
Loiosh - 
S Dubaya -
Loiosh -

Swing and a miss. 

Honesty

He never made excuses and always owned up to anything he did.

He said he'd fight anyone, anytime and proved it,...never pulled out of a fight and honored every contract he signed without hassle.

He was entertaining....in an entertainment business and he himself made other fighters and everyone around him more money...he helped the sport far, far more than he ever damaged it.

Most fighters, ones that you probably consider "honorable" cheat as well, ...but they make excuses and try to weasel out of taking responsibility any way they can if they get caught, these guys also sign contracts, pull out of fights and try to "renegotiate" after they win one.

I'll take a guy that has imperfections, makes a bad decision once in a while but owns up to it and takes responsibility while honoring his promises over a half asser that pulls out, turns down certain fights and makes excuses with anything that doesn't go their way....but that's just me.
16 days ago
12/8/12
Stu Cazzo -

"If you're asking me to share stories with you, that are frankly none of your business, maybe I'll give you a couple and maybe you'll take that little smug look off your face."

Here's were Sonnen busts out some hard-hitting details about how tough his upbringing was, right?

Not exactly.

This is where the feel of the interview begins to change and, though he remains staunch in his demeanor, Sonnen begins to let the audience in on the joke.

"I can date back to when I was 11-years-old. I'm minding my own business and I'm in a park. This guy, a stranger to me, takes a piece of gum out of his pocket. He puts it in his mouth and then he just throws the wrapper on the ground. He publicly litters. And I saw that! I had to see these things at a young age. Sure somebody came along, picked it up, and threw it in a trash can, but for the few moments where that sat on the ground and the law was violated in my neighborhood..."

Though many of the commenters on YouTube missed it, Sonnen is kidding around at this point. From there, Sonnen built on the joke, providing more and more ridiculous examples of the "hard knocks" he experienced growing up.

"We have chaos. We have anarchy at times in West Linn. There was years when my father didn't even make a-hundred-grand--or barely made a-hundred-grand--and sure we had a maid, but she only came twice a week. What do you think happened the other five days? You think those dishes washed themselves? You think those clothes got themselves in the hamper?"

Given that Sonnen has no background in performance arts, his acting in this video is impressive. Though the words he's saying make the joke clear, he doesn't once break character.

"My neighbors....they had twins....they bought them a Mercedes Benz...they had to share that car!"