UnderGround Forums What is your favorite Chael quote?

5 days ago
2/5/20

"I've never had a drop of alcohol"

5 days ago
12/1/18

It's been mentioned before but I'll type it out cause it's one of my favorite quotes from any athlete in general whether it is reference to fighting or life in general

"When doubt seeps in you've got two roads. You can take either road. You can go to the left or you can go to the right. And believe me they'll tell you failure if not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed. And if we can plant seeds and let him know, move your feet, keep your hands up, stay off bottom, that is the road to victory. Or, self doubt and negative talk and that is the road to failure. But failure is always there and it's okay to recognize that."

5 days ago
4/20/11

Greatest mouth in history across all sports.

5 days ago
7/30/03
fedorforever12 -

It's been mentioned before but I'll type it out cause it's one of my favorite quotes from any athlete in general whether it is reference to fighting or life in general

"When doubt seeps in you've got two roads. You can take either road. You can go to the left or you can go to the right. And believe me they'll tell you failure if not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed. And if we can plant seeds and let him know, move your feet, keep your hands up, stay off bottom, that is the road to victory. Or, self doubt and negative talk and that is the road to failure. But failure is always there and it's okay to recognize that."

I have got a new favorite quote.

Thanks

4 days ago
10/11/18
Willin -

Greatest mouth in history across all sports.

If you don't count wives/ex-wives, yes.  

4 days ago
9/19/13

"Listen, Ariel..."

3 days ago
11/19/03
dinkledorf -

The feeding carrots to a bus line is still my favorite. Credit goes to chaels joke writer

I laughed so damn hard when I heard him say that, taking about the Nogs. 

3 days ago
7/25/08

It's not a quote, but it was just obvious how hard he TRIED.

He was clearly not the most talented guy in the world, but he just OOZED effort, and maximized what talent he had, and you could tell he thought that way.

He really believed in willing himself to victory.

I try to raise my daughter with that mindset, and if she grows up and becomes somebody who gives their best effort every time, I'll be proud, and I'll have Chael Sonnen to thank, at least a little bit.

Some of you on here know me, and know my daughter's name. It will make more sense, now :)

3 days ago
10/11/18
Slowshot - It's not a quote, but it was just obvious how hard he TRIED.

He was clearly not the most talented guy in the world, but he just OOZED effort, and maximized what talent he had, and you could tell he thought that way.

He really believed in willing himself to victory.

I try to raise my daughter with that mindset, and if she grows up and becomes somebody who gives their best effort every time, I'll be proud, and I'll have Chael Sonnen to thank, at least a little bit.

Some of you on here know me, and know my daughter's name. It will make more sense, now :)

Good post

3 days ago
4/14/18
  •  
Edited: 15 hours ago
9/20/13

Remember who you are, and what you stand for, and then try not to let that get you down! 

13 hours ago
10/11/18
Kong Morten -

Remember who you are, and what you stand for, and then try not to let that get you down! 

Brilliant 

6 hours ago
7/2/09

What a difference a day can make.

2 hours ago
7/11/17

“So whose belt do you propose it is?”  - to Dan Lebetard whole posing with his championship belt