UnderGround Forums Who all can hit harder than Tyson?

Edited: 12/26/03 12:00 AM
01-Jan-01

shinobiapollo is the biggest genius of the UG.

01-Jan-01

mushu22...I like to use the front leg to kick the groin, striking with the instep or shin. It isn't a real power strike, but it doens't take a lot to damage the groin. It is great to use to get someone to drop their hands, so you can follow with punches to the head. Also like to kick with rear leg and plant forward, following with punches.

I have heard lots of people saying groin strikes are ineffective. They must not spar much or haven't ever taken a good shot to the groin. You don't just rely on a groin strike, but use it in combination with other targets and strikes. No guy likes to get hit there, I can tell you that for sure.

Gary Hughes

01-Jan-01

Groin strikes ineffective? hahhahahahaha.

I've seen many MMA warriors roll around on the ground crying or even throwing up from weakass groin shots despite wearing a cup.

Ever since the dawn of man this is true: the groin attack is the most effective technique in the history of streetfighting.

So effective, even the weaker sex can use it to win a fight under the right circumstances.

17-Apr-02

Sam Pai Kenpo also caused that earthquake in Iran by striking the ground on the other side of the world.

23-Sep-03

my tkd skills are unstoppable. i call out this golden dragon fellow. i am in sf for vacation but will go blow for blow with him as an exception because he has so much respect that i wants for mysefl.

05-Nov-03

David Tua but I dont know if hes a forum member.

01-Jan-01

BTW, most anyone with good kicking skills, will kick harder than they punch, due to using larger muscles.

It's funny how little some of you MMA experts know about striking.

Gary Hughes

01-Jul-02

"It's funny how little some of you MMA experts know about striking. " It is even funnier that how little some of you TMA guys know about fighting...

01-Jan-01

HonkeyStyle...the funny thing is I know a lot about fighting and I am not a Traditional Martial Artist and haven't been one for years.

Gary Hughes

Edited: 12/26/03 8:46 PM
01-Jan-01

"ShinobiApollo (wtf???)"

My screen name is a long inside joke/story. I know it doesnt make sense :)

GoldDragon,

Seriously, you expect us to believe you knocked out Mike Tyson in less than a minute? Did one of ur buddies record it? I mean getting the chance to spar with Mike Tyson... I'm sure dozens of people were watching and taking pictures.

Please post the footage or pictures, as I'm sure you don't expect us to believe your made up story on its own.

SA

01-Jul-02

"the funny thing is I know a lot about fighting" lol... you sure can't tell from your posts... being able to quote Bruce Lee dosen't mean you can fight... you couldn't even understand the different MMA stance as opposed to the "karate man" stance... Also, you claim to be an "expert" on striking yet you foolishly punch your heavy bag (thinking your Mike Tyson) and damage your wrist to the point of needing Romotherepy...

"I am not a Traditional Martial Artist and haven't been one for years." and you still don't know jack... you should ask your sifu for a refund...

Hey, why don't you explain how you "know" you can hit harder than Tyson again... I need a good laugh...

Edited: 12/26/03 9:35 PM
01-Jan-01

HonkeySyle...I would not change my stance for MMA and it works fine. I protect my centerline and I am fast enough to sprawl if need be. I am not easy to take down and if I go to the ground, I am very comfortable there.

If you want to have an open stance that leaves you wide open for groin strikes fine. Maybe you don't have anything to protect.

My wrist injury was to my left wrist and I am right handed. I can still punch fine with both hands, I just have been having problems when I grapple. BTW, I didn't hurt my wrist from hitting the bag, it was in BJJ. I am a very good striker and know how to keep my wrist straight.

I know you are fascinated by me and I guess I don't blame you. Lots of my fans, probably wish I was their Dad. I wish my Dad knew all about martial arts too.

Please tell me a little more about your training and how you know so much more than what I have learned in over 35 years in martial arts.

Gary Hughes

Edited: 1/23/04 6:49 PM
20-Aug-03
01-Jul-02

"I would not change my stance for MMA and it works fine."And you have competed in MMA how many times?

"I would not change my stance for MMA and it works fine. I protect my centerline and I am fast enough to sprawl if need be. I am not easy to take down and if I go to the ground, I am very comfortable there.
If you want to have an open stance that leaves you wide open for groin strikes fine. Maybe you don't have anything to protect. " Fool, if we are talking MMA, groin attacts are illeagle...

"I know you are fascinated by me and I guess I don't blame you. " LOL... I would say that I was more amused... never, in my life, have I ever seen a fool who knew so little yet claimed to know so much...

'Please tell me a little more about your training and how you know so much more than what I have learned in over 35 years in martial arts. " Here is the problem with people like you, because you did something for 35 years, you are not automatically an expert... you continually make foolish posts and claims... please tell us EXACTLY how you determiuned to be able to punch harder than Tyson...

Did you train with him?

Did you use some sort of tool to measure his punch, and then yours?

Did you see him fight, and then just "figure" that you could?

After all you are a striking expert... please share your technique for measuring "hardness of punch"

Also, I am not the one on this board caliming to be a fifth dan and FOUNDER of a self defence system... you claim expertise all the time... me, I just point out the foolishness of your posts...

01-Jan-01

HonkeyStyle...I never claimed to be a MMA fighter and have never said I could beat a MMA fighter in the ring. I never said I could beat Tyson at Boxing either. I don't care if you believe me or not, I gave up trying to impress people years ago.

Yes Junior, I know that groin strikes are illegal and so are head butts. However, I would protect myself from them at all times anyway. It was illegal to stomp Mir in the head in the UFC, but it happened. I prefer to protect myself, rather than be protected by the rules. That is because I train for the street and not the ring.

I notice you still didn't tell me anything about you.

I have had several high ranking Karate people tell me I hit harder than anyone they have ever seen. I have eyes and I can see how hard people punch compared to myself. It really isn't such a big deal anyway, as I have said I hit hard enough to KO anybody and it's meaningless without timing and technique. I also kick, knee, elbow, eye poke etc. If I were to go up against someone like Tyson in the street, I wouldn't beat him by trading punches.

Gary Hughes, a natural born striker

01-Jan-01

LOL @ Dougie, you got me there!

Gary Hughes

01-Jan-01
I can hit harder than Tyson.I gave up trying to impress people years ago.Ah, irony. I recognize that.
01-Jan-01
Did you use some sort of tool to measure his punch, and then yours?A measurable claim? What fun would that be?
01-Jan-01

New World Samurai...LOL. However, I am not the one that goes around claiming to hit harder than Tyson. My fans have kept it going for me as my buddy strike 18 did on this thread.

I stated it originally in response to all these people who think Tyson is the baddest guy in the world and could dominate MMA with 2 months training on how to sprawl. My point at the time, was not how cool I was that I could hit so hard, but that most MMA fighters would take Tyson out quickly and he isn't the hardest hitter out there. Hitting the bag hard is only a small part of being a good fighter.

There's lots of us old Karate guys in the world that can still take care of business.

Gary Hughes

01-Jul-02

"I have had several high ranking Karate people tell me I hit harder than anyone they have ever seen. " Well there it is... proof of being able to hit as hard as Tyson... I take back any comments where I claimed that you did not know what you were talking about... my apologies...

01-Jul-02

BTW... when these "high ranking Karate people " saw your striking technique, what punch did you demo? And, how did you demo it?

Edited: 1/23/04 6:49 PM
20-Aug-03
01-Jan-01

HonkeyStyle...your comments show your ignorance. I know all Karate sucks and is worthless. You might be in for a big surprise someday.

Please refresh my memory and tell me about yourself.

Gary Hughes, 51, balding and still kicking

01-Jan-01

HonkeyStyle...these Karate black belts fought and trained with me for years and saw me hit the heavy bag.

Gary Hughes

01-Jul-02

"There's lots of us old Karate guys in the world that can still take care of business. " Oh... that must be the business of "founding" your own style, and spinning tales about being able to punch harder than Mike Tyson...