UnderGround Forums Who are the Best MMA Boxers, rank them

8/13/19 8:23 PM
7/27/11

Says it all in the title. 

For me, it’s pretty difficult, but if I had to choose just three it would be Masvidal, Dustin, and Conor (depending on whether or not he’ll ever even return). 

8/13/19 8:36 PM
12/7/14

not sure how to rank the others, but if we're being honest, I think we have to put Conor at the top (like you said, if he returns, if the list is 'currently active fighters')

8/13/19 8:40 PM
11/9/18
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Says it all in the title. 

For me, it’s pretty difficult, but if I had to choose just three it would be Masvidal, Dustin, and Conor (depending on whether or not he’ll ever even return). 

Conor is not even as good as Artem at boxing.

8/13/19 8:46 PM
7/27/11

Also super unknown fighter, but peep Albert Tumenov. Guy is fucking amazing at boxing. 

8/13/19 8:46 PM
7/27/11

Mairbek Taisumov as well

8/13/19 9:52 PM
9/24/12

Edgar 

8/13/19 9:55 PM
10/14/17

Dustin Poirier. 

8/13/19 10:43 PM
10/26/05

Traditional boxing, hard to look past Holloway, Conor, Diaz, Masvidal, Poirer... 

8/14/19 12:48 PM
7/27/11
chupecabre -

Traditional boxing, hard to look past Holloway, Conor, Diaz, Masvidal, Poirer... 

Diaz is a sloppy puncher, he has a lot of holes in his boxing. Outside of that, I agree with almost everyone you listed. 

Although Max got rekt by DP. 

8/14/19 12:49 PM
7/27/11

8/14/19 12:49 PM
7/27/11

Edited: 8/14/19 2:09 PM
1/3/17

Being crowned the best boxer in MMA is like winning the special olympics.

At the elite level, in divisions like batamweight, featherweight and lightweight, things have gotten much better but its still not great. And most of what you see outside of those divisions is fucking laughable. Footwork is bad, defense is bad, shot selection is bad, technique is bad, feinting and creating openings is bad, rhythm manipulation and varying power, countering... its all poor. Even McGregor, who not long ago people were calliing the best boxer in MMA, cant throw his left straight without throwing himself off balance, hes constantly over reaching, the guy got by on timing and shitty opponents not closing distance responsibly.

Edited: 8/14/19 2:49 PM
12/7/18
Super Scientifical Powers -

At the elite level, in divisions like batamweight, featherweight and lightweight, things have gotten much better but its still not great. And most of what you see outside of those divisions is fucking laughable. Footwork is bad, defense is bad, shot selection is bad, technique is bad, feinting and creating openings is bad, rhythm manipulation and varying power, countering... its all poor. Even McGregor, who not long ago people were calliing the best boxer in MMA, cant throw his left straight without throwing himself off balance, hes constantly over reaching, the guy got by on timing and shitty opponents not closing distance responsibly.

"But Conor reaches with his lefts, and is off balance." That's such amature hour troll garbage. When ever anyone says that, that's when you know that person doesn't know shit about boxing, or fighting, and is just repeating what ever he's read over the internet. I bet you don't even know what it means to be in position. I bet you don't know anything about transferring weight.

When Pacquiao knocked down Thurman, while Thurman was backpeddaling, you could've taken a screen cap of Pacquiao's feet, and claimed he was "off balance and reaching."

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

But the important thing is, he kept himself in position with his weight to capitalise, while his opponent did not have his stance or weight with him while trying to evade. You have to look at sequences in full (as they flow).  You can't recognize that when Conor is fighting because you don't actually know boxing. Conor was landing his left leads on Floyd in a boxing ring

So by your "logic" (or more like, lack of) then what does that say about the level of boxing in boxing?

"Omg Floyd reaching with his right lead, and off balance"

Conor was having a field day slipping Floyd's right leads and countering with uppercuts.

Newbs here are so blinded by their hatred of Conor, they will even deny the wins he has, which is as factual as you can get, so of course they are going to deny the obvious that Conor is far and away the best boxer MMA history has ever seen at a championship level. Who ever you "think" is a better boxer, i can break down all their flaws for you. They have probably already been out struck on the feet or knocked out. And at the end of the day, ask yourself truly, "would my pick have been able to compete with Floyd in a boxing ring?" Everyone deep down inside knows the correct answer to that. The answer is, Conor is far and away the best boxer in MMA history at a championship level. It's that simple. His performance against Floyd cements that, and is as concrete as it gets. Actually try to understand what you are watching, newb

8/14/19 3:17 PM
8/10/18

Best boxers in the ufc in my opinion ( kick boxer too ) : Style bender, Ngannou, Conor, Poirier, taisumov, calvin kattar, valentina.  ( no particular order ). If I had to choose one it would be valentina, she is the most decorated among them.

8/14/19 3:18 PM
8/10/18
ConorWinsTheRematch -

"But Conor reaches with his lefts, and is off balance." That's such amature hour troll garbage. When ever anyone says that, that's when you know that person doesn't know shit about boxing, or fighting, and is just repeating what ever he's read over the internet. I bet you don't even know what it means to be in position. I bet you don't know anything about transferring weight.

When Pacquiao knocked down Thurman, while Thurman was backpeddaling, you could've taken a screen cap of Pacquiao's feet, and claimed he was "off balance and reaching."

But the important thing is, he kept himself in position with his weight to capitalise, while his opponent did not have his stance or weight with him while trying to evade. You have to look at sequences in full (as they flow).  You can't recognize that when Conor is fighting because you don't actually know boxing. Conor was landing his left leads on Floyd in a boxing ring

So by your "logic" (or more like, lack of) then what does that say about the level of boxing in boxing?

Conor was having a field day slipping Floyd's right leads and countering with uppercuts.

Newbs here are so blinded by their hatred of Conor, they will even deny the wins he has, which is as factual as you can get, so of course they are going to deny the obvious that Conor is far and away the best boxer MMA history has ever seen at a championship level. Who ever you "think" is a better boxer, i can break down all their flaws for you. They have probably already been out struck on the feet or knocked out. And at the end of the day, ask yourself truly, "would my pick have been able to compete with Floyd in a boxing ring?" Everyone deep down inside knows the correct answer to that. The answer is, Conor is far and away the best boxer in MMA history at a championship level. It's that simple. His performance against Floyd cements that, and is as concrete as it gets. Actually try to understand what you are watching, newb

bro get a life seriously ...

8/14/19 5:27 PM
11/9/18
ConorWinsTheRematch -

Lolol you are so in over your head. lol

8/14/19 6:32 PM
12/7/18
ggh -

Best boxers in the ufc in my opinion ( kick boxer too ) : Style bender, Ngannou, Conor, Poirier, taisumov, calvin kattar, valentina.  ( no particular order ). If I had to choose one it would be valentina, she is the most decorated among them.

Lmao at Israel and Ninganou. Yikes, these MMA fan newbs don't know shit about boxing. Now I know how Roger Mayweather felt 

Edited: 8/14/19 7:11 PM
8/10/18

Well I am pretty sure ngannou would beat 99.9 per cent of  the UFC fighters in a kickboxing fight ( EVEN MCGREGOR !!! ), so yeah he must be in the list of the best boxer in the ufc.

Same for adesanya, who I believe could beat all the middleweight division in a kickboxing fight in a ring. And guess what ? adesanya is 74-4 in kickboxing, I am pretty sure he is among the best boxers in the ufc ;-).

Do you even watch fights that dont involve mcgregor ? hard to say ...

8/14/19 8:02 PM
1/12/05

McGregor is in a class of his own. 

BJ Penn had solid boxing when he was LW champ. Arlovski has excellent offensive boxing. Anderson Silva was skilled offensively and defensively. Jens Pulver could box. Bisping too 

8/14/19 8:21 PM
7/27/11
Bobby Lupo -

BJ Penn had solid boxing when he was LW champ. Arlovski has excellent offensive boxing. Anderson Silva was skilled offensively and defensively. Jens Pulver could box. Bisping too 

Not a fan of Street Jesus? I think he’s one of the most intelligent strikers I’ve ever seen in MMA. 

8/14/19 8:43 PM
6/6/04
PAUL FELDER has good hands

the Irish Hand Grenade boxed

Jens Pulver .....

Rampage Jackson when he was trained by JUANITO ....oh wait

8/14/19 9:35 PM
5/22/17

No Chris Lytle or Marcus Davis?

8/15/19 7:19 AM
1/12/05
Uhtred Ragnarson - 
Bobby Lupo -

Not a fan of Street Jesus? I think he’s one of the most intelligent strikers I’ve ever seen in MMA. 

I am actually, been a fan for years. He's fantastic, very impressive, belongs on the list. Rampage at his best had excellent boxing and a great defensive chamber guard for MMA boxing.

23 days ago
7/27/11
Bobby Lupo -
Uhtred Ragnarson - 
Bobby Lupo -

I am actually, been a fan for years. He's fantastic, very impressive, belongs on the list. Rampage at his best had excellent boxing and a great defensive chamber guard for MMA boxing.

You still think Conor is the number one guy?

23 days ago
7/27/11

Not being shitty, always appreciate your opinions. Just trying start conversation.