UnderGround Forums Who is the best grappler you've ever rolled with?

12 days ago
6/4/13

Jimy Hettes or Luis Azeredo

12 days ago
1/1/01
My instructor at Dunham's Jiujitsu: Rene Lopez. I feel like a white belt. lol
12 days ago
12/22/12

Cobrinha and Lucas Lepri

12 days ago
1/1/01
Winston Wolf - 

matt serra  and a bunch of great grapplers that started there Muller,Scarola,Nick Serra,Drago,Jason rau,James Gonzolez Rich Kaflage Jon Wiedler,Space Monkey,Greg Depasquale

Thank you for the acknowledgement D, your one of the coolest cats around. Space Monkey B. Borzel, Wow haven't heard that name in forever. He was a pisser
12 days ago
8/28/10

Romulo

Edwin najmi

Megaton- he's a fucking hammer for his age and I give him credit for having the scariest aura when angry

Carlos farias- just laid on me and kept asking me if I was alright-i couldn't breathe from just him laying there deadfish and not applying pressure

12 days ago
3/8/04

Javi Vasquez

12 days ago
3/8/04

Ryron Gracie as well.

12 days ago
1/14/20
10eroftheyear -

David Terrell....its not even close, and I've rolled with multiple world champions. Hes fucking unreal.

I've grappled with a couple greats. I really do know what you mean. I haven't rolled Rickson or Marcello. However, I doubt anybody knows more than Dave about grappling. 

12 days ago
2/24/05

Cobrinha. Great person as well. 

12 days ago
10/29/13

Jon jones

12 days ago
5/12/08

David Terrell- Best I’ve rolled with No Gi.  220+ lber that grappled and moved like a 170 lber.

Dave Camarillo- Most skilled, all-around grappler P4P  

11 days ago
7/13/09
Bonnar (way back when he was a brown belt).

He was working some esoteric spider guard positions while sparring and I actually passed his guard and got a little aggro with my shoulder on his face trying to come up with something to do.

It was like a switch went on: he proceeded to sub me viciously about every 30 seconds for the remaining 4 minutes or so.

He wasn't a dick about it, but it was easily the most vigorous, systematic, humbling jujitsu asswhooping I got at Carlson's. And that's saying a lot, given the daily asswhopopings dealt out there on the regular.
11 days ago
1/1/01
HYBRID JON - 
Winston Wolf - 

matt serra  and a bunch of great grapplers that started there Muller,Scarola,Nick Serra,Drago,Jason rau,James Gonzolez Rich Kaflage Jon Wiedler,Space Monkey,Greg Depasquale

Thank you for the acknowledgement D, your one of the coolest cats around. Space Monkey B. Borzel, Wow haven't heard that name in forever. He was a pisser

Space Monkey!!! 

11 days ago
10/1/03
Kirik - 

Renzo.

The most surprising was Falaniko Vitale. It was at GU. We touched hands and BOOM I had him in a sunk heel hook and I was like "HOLY F@$% I HAVE FALANIKO VITALE IN A HEEL HOOK!!?!" Then it was gone in a scramble. Then I sunk a knee bar. Then that too was gone. It was only at that moment I realized he was feeding me sunk subs, just so he didn't get too bored.

niko at that point in his career... jeebus.

11 days ago
3/21/07

Renzo

11 days ago
5/15/09
iqwrestler -

Best local guy on the Virginia circuit is deandre corbe. I’m 215lbs to his 130lbs and I can’t score a point on him. None of the black belts in the area can hang. That was after Ryan Hall stopped competing in bjj though. I want to see that match. 

Deandre lost to Malachi Edmond at the DC Open. Plus Shane Jamil Hil-Taylor, Adam Benayoun, Rick Slomba (lost to Deandre on points at Cincy Open) etc. There are plenty that can "hang" with him in the area.

11 days ago
8/4/12

Kyle boehm,  Steve rosenberg, Kevin natividad,   Christian natividad 

11 days ago
1/1/01
Wow - it almost seems like picking one would be to disrespect the others. I've had the privilege of getting taught and mauled by some of the very best, even if has been pearls before swine...

But the one that stands out - my first roll after I got my black belt was Bruno Malfacine. I felt like I was starting over. He ran circles around me, always 3 steps ahead mentally and physically. The harder I tried, the worse it got.

Fun times!
11 days ago
10/8/08
lucas lepri very flowy, light but very claustrophobic, crosley gracie very flowy, heavy, feel like i'm drowning and waterboarded, royce gracie....nevermind disregard royce
11 days ago
5/11/11
RocknRolla - lucas lepri very flowy, light but very claustrophobic, crosley gracie very flowy, heavy, feel like i'm drowning and waterboarded, royce gracie....nevermind disregard royce

Royce worse than you expected?

11 days ago
1/1/01

Definitely rolled better but minowa was a fun roll

to clarify when I say rolled better he was still better than me

11 days ago
5/17/01

Fernando “Margarida” Pontes

11 days ago
3/18/02
KOArtist - 

Fernando “Margarida” Pontes

wicked.  I wish I could roll with him.  Best guy to watch compete back in the day

11 days ago
1/6/10

Jack Magee

11 days ago
10/25/05

Gordon.