UnderGround Forums Who punched out Bispings eyeball?

14 days ago
1/1/01

How Did Bisping lose his eye.  Did Hendo punch it out?  If so I can understand his hatred for him.

14 days ago
5/22/12

I think it was the vitor kick.

14 days ago
7/2/15

He always says it was from TRTitor kicking him in the head. Detached retina or something more serious. Had a bunch of surgeries and eventually lost it. 

14 days ago
5/5/13

14 days ago
3/15/10

Did he ever say when?

Was he still fighting with one eye or is it something he had done after retiring?

14 days ago
4/25/16

Definitely fought with one eye

14 days ago
8/2/11

It started with Vitor and the headkick. He tells the story of the eye at length on his podcast.

It sounds fucking awful having a retina detached actually. Then it happened again post surgery, they filled it with oil and eventually took it out.

There is no disputing the guy is an absolute warrior

14 days ago
1/3/20
ThatsHowIRoll - 

It started with Vitor and the headkick. He tells the story of the eye at length on his podcast.

It sounds fucking awful having a retina detached actually. Then it happened again post surgery, they filled it with oil and eventually took it out.

True that, tough as hell and always game regardless of whatever else (I'm not really a fan but that's irrelevant).
14 days ago
5/28/03

feel very bad for him

14 days ago
3/15/10
ThatsHowIRoll -

It’s definitely awful for sure.

A guy I know went through it from some sort of rare condition. To save his vision he spent months I think on his back, they’ll do the oil...it sounds awful and long and no guarantees.

The guy I know can still see now, Bisping has one eye.

Can’t imagine going through everything for nothing but of course you’re going to try anything you can regardless of guarantees.

14 days ago
11/16/17
ThatsHowIRoll -

He gos into detail in his book about how fucking crazy the pain was in that eye before he said fuck this shit take it

Awesome book BTW 

14 days ago
1/2/20

I dont think he had his actual eyeball removed. As far as i know thats a prosthetic cap like a contact lens that goes over his damaged oil filled eye which still remains in his socket and has some but very little vision in it.

14 days ago
11/10/16
Vrill -

He always says it was from TRTitor kicking him in the head. Detached retina or something more serious. Had a bunch of surgeries and eventually lost it. 

I was under the impression that he still has his eye ( but is almost or fully blind in it), but its become all darkened and its a big lense he wears over the top off it?  

14 days ago
10/1/16

Amazing that he not only fought with one eye but won. 

14 days ago
12/26/19
Flavorful -

I'm pretty sure he said he didn't have his eye removed until after he retired. He never actually fought with 1 eye.

14 days ago
8/6/06

Definitely a kick from TRTtor

14 days ago
3/15/10
Charliemma -
Vrill -

I was under the impression that he still has his eye ( but is almost or fully blind in it), but its become all darkened and its a big lense he wears over the top off it?  

That seems unlikely. Why would they bother leaving the eye at that point?

Also, per post above the pain was too much, leaving the eye would not eliminate that issue.

14 days ago
10/1/16
KhabibWinsTheRematch - 
Flavorful -

I'm pretty sure he said he didn't have his eye removed until after he retired. He never actually fought with 1 eye.

"Bisping was expected to face Mark Muñoz on 26 October 2013 at UFC Fight Night 30.[67] However, after symptoms of his detached retina became too bad he decided to undergo surgery, which included full removal of the eyeball.[68] He pulled out of the bout on 27 September and was replaced by Lyoto Machida.[69]

After nearly a year away from the sport due to his eye injury, Bisping returned to face Tim Kennedy on 16 April 2014 at The Ultimate Fighter Nations Finale.[70] He lost the fight via unanimous decision.[71]"

According to Wiki he fought 10 fights with one eye.

14 days ago
10/6/02
toughest MMA fighter ever
13 days ago
1/12/07

Belcher

13 days ago
3/15/10
Flavorful -
KhabibWinsTheRematch - 
Flavorful -

"Bisping was expected to face Mark Muñoz on 26 October 2013 at UFC Fight Night 30.[67] However, after symptoms of his detached retina became too bad he decided to undergo surgery, which included full removal of the eyeball.[68] He pulled out of the bout on 27 September and was replaced by Lyoto Machida.[69]

After nearly a year away from the sport due to his eye injury, Bisping returned to face Tim Kennedy on 16 April 2014 at The Ultimate Fighter Nations Finale.[70] He lost the fight via unanimous decision.[71]"

According to Wiki he fought 10 fights with one eye.

10! Damn.

13 days ago
1/1/01

No wonder he hates Cheator Belfort 

13 days ago
1/1/01

How did he pass his medicals?  Isn't pupil dilation a standard test for s physical exam?

13 days ago
9/8/09

KO’d Rockhold with one eye and won the belt. 

13 days ago
1/1/01
The Mammoth -

KO’d Rockhold with one eye and won the belt. 

Pretty sure that makes him  the GOAT.

Fuck Jones and Royce Gracie.

Thats unreal.