UnderGround Forums Who was the Mexican giant that beat rickson?

29 days ago
12/22/18

Its been a while. Was he ever identified? I've heard different people....one being giant Gonzalez.

29 days ago
12/22/18

Ive also heard horacio llamas!

29 days ago
6/22/03
Never heard of this. What's the rumour?
29 days ago
12/22/18

There was a challenge match many years ago. A Mexican giant got the better of Rickson. Some used to say it was a draw. I dont think the I'd was ever confirmed. Big rumor on here back in 99.

29 days ago
12/29/06

If so, at 6'11, 285lbs, come on. Rickson is not known to try and hurt people but you'd have to chop that tree down first if you're 12" shorter and 100lbs lighter than he is and he's a pro BB player.

29 days ago
12/22/18
WidespreadPanic -

If so, at 6'11, 285lbs, come on. Rickson is not known to try and hurt people but you'd have to chop that tree down first if you're 12" shorter and 100lbs lighter than he is and he's a pro BB player.

Well I agree but people were in denial back then. 

29 days ago
1/1/01
Bukabuki -

There was a challenge match many years ago. A Mexican giant got the better of Rickson. Some used to say it was a draw. I dont think the I'd was ever confirmed. Big rumor on here back in 99.

what was your screen name back then ?

29 days ago
12/22/18

Darren

29 days ago
7/15/17

29 days ago
12/22/18

Could have been. He was one of the names thrown around.

29 days ago
1/1/01

Never heard of this rumor in all these years.  Sounds like BS.

29 days ago
7/21/09

Andy Ruiz Sr.

29 days ago
1/1/01
Bukabuki - 

Got the better of him? How so?

I don't recall this rumor.
29 days ago
9/10/13

Only person I’ve ever heard of hanging with Rickson is Mark Schultz and he got tapped

29 days ago
1/1/01
Bukabuki -

Darren

knew u would duck

29 days ago
3/4/12
Thats fukin illegal -

Edited: 29 days ago
12/29/06
pahulkster - 

Only person I’ve ever heard of hanging with Rickson is Mark Schultz and he got tapped

OK, here's the report from Mark himself - it's interesting, with a pic. Mark Schultz as been a BB under Pedro Sauer for a couple years, and he looks about 40lbs overweight.

When I had my first jiu-jitsu experience against Rickson Gracie I had him pinned for like 20 minutes with a cradle and I kept thinking “Don’t you have any pride? Get off your back”. (Laughs). He couldn’t have cared less and just waited for my grip to finally give out and then he caught me with a triangle.

Then we went another two minutes and he caught me with a rear naked BECAUSE I wasn’t getting him in any moves (which I was making up as we went) so I thought I’d let him get on top for a while and see what happens. Immediately when I let him reverse me I go belly down from instinct and he wove in the rear naked and opened my eyes to a completely new (and better martial art than wrestling).

I must say however, wrestlers are better conditioned; they have way better takedowns and escapes from the turtle (and takedowns on concrete like back suplays are infinitely more disabling than takedowns on a mat).

This commentary just shows Mark doesn't quite understand fighting or when to use your skills. He's still thinking scrapping in the street. (suplex on concrete?). I don't think he had him cradled for 20 minutes, more like 5-8, but seemed longer, LOL.

AND, g'Bless Him, he's a great guy for transitioning, he's 40lbs over fighting weight which it the bane of a lot of young guys in super tough sports or combat from ex-SEALS and ex-Special Forces - they can't hold the discopline and have had it so tough, they slack off, and lose their conditioning. I can't see Mark doing calisthenics and any roadwork like Rickson did into his later years, because for one thing Mark is so good - grip fighting, strategies - he probably uses high attribute methods.

FWIW

12/22/18

No he had him cradled for even longer. And wrestling is the best martial arts. Modern amateurs have lost the submissions and the link to the past.

29 days ago
12/22/18
Winston Wolf -
Bukabuki -

Darren

knew u would duck

I'm not proud of my darren days. I admit I was an idiot loser.

1/1/01
Bukabuki -
Winston Wolf -
Bukabuki -

Darren

knew u would duck

I'm not proud of my darren days. I admit I was an idiot loser.

who is Darren ? Im Daren ...Im liked here Your a troll who is ashamed to give his real screen name

29 days ago
12/22/18

Never seen somebody so clueless after 20 years. I'm going to ignore you troll Winston wolf

29 days ago
1/1/01
Bukabuki -

Never seen somebody so clueless after 20 years. I'm going to ignore you troll Winston wolf

say what u want ur hiding behind new screen name.Im liked your a troll

29 days ago
12/22/18

-ignored-

Troll begone

29 days ago
1/1/01
Bukabuki -

Darren

LOL. I bet that one was a hit down at the post office

29 days ago
1/1/01
WidespreadPanic -
pahulkster - 

OK, here's the report from Mark himself - it's interesting, with a pic. Mark Schultz as been a BB under Pedro Sauer for a couple years, and he looks about 40lbs overweight.

When I had my first jiu-jitsu experience against Rickson Gracie I had him pinned for like 20 minutes with a cradle and I kept thinking “Don’t you have any pride? Get off your back”. (Laughs). He couldn’t have cared less and just waited for my grip to finally give out and then he caught me with a triangle.

Then we went another two minutes and he caught me with a rear naked BECAUSE I wasn’t getting him in any moves (which I was making up as we went) so I thought I’d let him get on top for a while and see what happens. Immediately when I let him reverse me I go belly down from instinct and he wove in the rear naked and opened my eyes to a completely new (and better martial art than wrestling).

I must say however, wrestlers are better conditioned; they have way better takedowns and escapes from the turtle (and takedowns on concrete like back suplays are infinitely more disabling than takedowns on a mat).

This commentary just shows Mark doesn't quite understand fighting or when to use your skills. He's still thinking scrapping in the street. (suplex on concrete?). I don't think he had him cradled for 20 minutes, more like 5-8, but seemed longer, LOL.

AND, g'Bless Him, he's a great guy for transitioning, he's 40lbs over fighting weight which it the bane of a lot of young guys in super tough sports or combat from ex-SEALS and ex-Special Forces - they can't hold the discopline and have had it so tough, they slack off, and lose their conditioning. I can't see Mark doing calisthenics and any roadwork like Rickson did into his later years, because for one thing Mark is so good - grip fighting, strategies - he probably uses high attribute methods.

FWIW

you have to be the most delusional fool to ever disgrace this forum. Stick to beating on your mok jong and practicing rotary 2" punches while tottering forward like a drunken sailor returning to ship at the ass end of shore leave