UnderGround Forums Who wins Tony vs. Khabib under UFC 1 rules?

8 days ago
1/1/01

Chael Sonnen may be the smartest man in MMA, and with many of us stuck at home sheltering in place, he asks a question to pass the time with.

8 days ago
8/27/12

Khabib

8 days ago
12/2/11

Tony

8 days ago
11/9/15

The fans

8 days ago
8/26/11

Khabib would eat Tony

8 days ago
1/16/12

Khabib. After one takedown he can just destroy Tony's  penus 

8 days ago
1/1/01

Khabib

8 days ago
10/5/12

Khabib, but the best part would be the original commentary team calling today's fight. Every submission would be "some kind of choke".

7 days ago
7/4/11

Tony 

7 days ago
7/4/11

The rounds were longer

Khabib gasses tony by tko

7 days ago
11/16/09
semtex0809 -

The rounds were longer

Khabib can head butt, or dick punch. 

Tony gets destroyed, sorry. 

Edited: 7 days ago
11/24/13

I watched that video yesterday. Khabib would literally kill Tony. Chael forgot to mention headbutts in the video. That alone would be an unstoppable weapon for Khabib. Not conjecture either, Exhibit A of Khabib literally doing this:

Khabib with UFC 1 rules would be unstoppable.

7 days ago
1/1/01

Khabib bleeds him to death. Spiked elbows, back of the head being fair game, knees to the head of a downed opponent, headbutts...

7 days ago
9/16/05

Chael just leave us to answer this?

What's his answer?

I say Khabib could hold him down for 10-20 "MAyBE 30 minutes.  After that Tony gets position and the tko.

7 days ago
9/16/05

That was a typo, you have to read "MAYBE" in Chael's voice.

7 days ago
9/16/05
Nytron -

I watched that video yesterday. Khabib would literally kill Tony. Chael forgot to mention headbutts in the video. That alone would be an unstoppable weapon for Khabib. Not conjecture either, Exhibit A of Khabib literally doing this:

Khabib with UFC 1 rules would be unstoppable.

Was this fight stopped by head butts?  

Looks to me like they were to maintain action/position and grind out a decision.

7 days ago
12/10/09

Ummmm, no time limit, no stand ups, no need to “work” to avoid being stood up Or doing damage before the round ends? Khabib much more easily that the task in 2020 rules. 

7 days ago
9/16/05

Did Chael just dump this and leave? 

I was there with him at the Pepsi Center 2003.

I made friends with the old man in his corner.

Pepsi Center that night was the very craziest shit I saw, in the 10+ years I was close to the sport.

7 days ago
9/16/05
scrapdo -

Ummmm, no time limit, no stand ups, no need to “work” to avoid being stood up Or doing damage before the round ends? Khabib much more easily that the task in 2020 rules. 

Tony makes people work.  He has cardio for days. He's tough as nails and punishes people at every opportunity.

I think at sometime he would wear Khabib out.

They are both tough as nails.  

I fought in the room for at least 10 years.  I was always scared of the ref.  I was scared to lose because of the ref.  I never wanted anyone to tell me I'd had enough.

Both of these guys have that tenacity.  Both of them have concured that fear.

I think with long rounds, punishment/ a fight to the death.  T ferg eventually gets his opportunity.  He has the will, tenacity, and toughness.

Not saying Khabib doesn't have all of the same traits.  Khabib just doesn't inflict damage the same way.

7 days ago
12/13/02
semtex0809 -

The rounds were longer

If I remember right, there were no rounds and no time limit. 

7 days ago
9/16/05
ribz -
semtex0809 -

The rounds were longer

I Think you remember right.  I think Shamrock/Gracie was 30 minutes+.  

Edited: 7 days ago
1/1/01
TheFurious1 -
scrapdo -

Tony makes people work.  He has cardio for days. He's tough as nails and punishes people at every opportunity.

I think at sometime he would wear Khabib out.

They are both tough as nails.  

I fought in the room for at least 10 years.  I was always scared of the ref.  I was scared to lose because of the ref.  I never wanted anyone to tell me I'd had enough.

Both of these guys have that tenacity.  Both of them have concured that fear.

I think with long rounds, punishment/ a fight to the death.  T ferg eventually gets his opportunity.  He has the will, tenacity, and toughness.

Not saying Khabib doesn't have all of the same traits.  Khabib just doesn't inflict damage the same way.

"Khabib just doesn't inflict damage the same way."

With his and skillset it's a pretty solid bet he inflicts a whole lot more damage with UFC 1 rules.

7 days ago
1/1/01
TheFurious1 -
ribz -
semtex0809 -

The rounds were longer

I Think you remember right.  I think Shamrock/Gracie was 30 minutes+.  

It was over in a flash.

7 days ago
9/16/05

7 days ago
9/16/05

A Flash?

30 minutes in round 1.

5 minute overtime.

How much have you seen or remembered Floppy?

I've spent 10+ years in these corners. 10 + in the room with them.