UnderGround Forums Who wins in a grappling match: Rogan or Conor?

1/15/20 12:45 PM
2/29/16

1/15/20 1:45 PM
10/3/11

What a useless question  and waste of bytes 

1/15/20 7:38 PM
3/15/19

How much coke has Conor done the day before?

1/15/20 7:46 PM
11/26/16
Mandible_Claw -

High ranked MMA fighter vs. 52 year old comedian?

Fuck this thread.

This.. be real dummies

Conor much more athletic and that'll be enough to control an older Joe

1/15/20 7:48 PM
8/15/11

That's like saying who wins a kickboxing match. A 60 yr old Van Damme or Conor McGregor. 

Whilst Van Damme has skills and actual fighting experience he would likely have his life ended at his current age. 

If they were the same age and Conor's opponent was competing in that discipline the advantage would be to the person more skilled/higher ranked. 

1/15/20 8:31 PM
6/28/11

I would bet Conor. And I feel like a lot of folks on this thread have never rolled with an active UFC level pro MMA fighter. 

Edited: 1/15/20 10:51 PM
1/11/06

Again, this is a grappling match only. Conor isn't know for his ground submission game. He was raped twice on the ground by Khabib and Diaz. He looked bewildered on the ground during that time. In fact he couldn't even defend a choke in either loss. In my opinion Rogan has a better BJJ game and with a 20 pound advantage has the upper hand. P.S. Rogan is strong as fuck.

1/15/20 10:55 PM
11/10/18
hankhill - Again, this is a grappling match only. Conor isn't know for his ground submission game. He was raped twice on the ground by Khabib and Diaz. He looked bewildered on the ground during that time. In fact he couldn't even defend a choke in either loss. In my opinion Rogan has a better BJJ game and with a 20 pound advantage has the upper hand. P.S. Rogan is strong as fuck.

Both those guys would also rape joe on the ground so I'm not sure that tells us much. I guess I'm just skeptical of how good joe really is on the ground and I believe Conor is better than some of you think. Not sure who would win. 

1/15/20 10:56 PM
1/11/06
iwarnedyou - 

How much coke has Conor done the day before?

I think if it was promoted by Dana he could do an 8 ball and still get a pass..... it's ok, the UFC doctor said it was for his sinuses.
1/15/20 11:00 PM
1/11/06
Eskimo - 
hankhill - Again, this is a grappling match only. Conor isn't know for his ground submission game. He was raped twice on the ground by Khabib and Diaz. He looked bewildered on the ground during that time. In fact he couldn't even defend a choke in either loss. In my opinion Rogan has a better BJJ game and with a 20 pound advantage has the upper hand. P.S. Rogan is strong as fuck.

Both those guys would also rape joe on the ground so I'm not sure that tells us much. I guess I'm just skeptical of how good joe really is on the ground and I believe Conor is better than some of you think. Not sure who would win. 

I agree 100%. Joe would lose to Khabib and Diaz. I just think his ground game is closer to those two than Conors. I feel Conor is a power puncher who trains not to be on the ground or get up as quick as he can when he is.
1/15/20 11:07 PM
11/10/18
hankhill -
Eskimo - 

I agree 100%. Joe would lose to Khabib and Diaz. I just think his ground game is closer to those two than Conors. I feel Conor is a power puncher who trains not to be on the ground or get up as quick as he can when he is.

I think Joe is probably technically a better grappler. Just not sure he could overcome Conor's speed and athleticism. If it was in a gi that would be totally different, but I assume you mean no-gi.

1/15/20 11:31 PM
4/9/16

Are you guys for real debating this or trolling?  You cannot be serious. 

1/16/20 12:51 AM
1/11/06
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

Serious question. Who would you pick in a no gì grappling match between Rickson Gracie at 61 years old vs Conor? Like joe, he is a black belt and clearly older and not in his prime like Conor.
1/16/20 3:32 AM
11/26/16
hankhill -
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

Serious question. Who would you pick in a no gì grappling match between Rickson Gracie at 61 years old vs Conor? Like joe, he is a black belt and clearly older and not in his prime like Conor.

I want to see this match

1/16/20 11:58 AM
11/10/18
HillboFrateTrane -
Eskimo -
hankhill -
Eskimo - 

I think Joe is probably technically a better grappler. Just not sure he could overcome Conor's speed and athleticism. If it was in a gi that would be totally different, but I assume you mean no-gi.

How do you know that? 

I don't, that's why I started by say, "I think."

Edited: 1/16/20 12:04 PM
11/16/09
shawarma -

That's like saying who wins a kickboxing match. A 60 yr old Van Damme or Conor McGregor. 

Whilst Van Damme has skills and actual fighting experience he would likely have his life ended at his current age. 

If they were the same age and Conor's opponent was competing in that discipline the advantage would be to the person more skilled/higher ranked. 

Are you fooking kidding me? Van Damme would drop down into a splits, and fuckin' dim mak McGregor back to Ireland, aka hell. 

EDIT - While blinded by chalk, because we know McGoats is a cheaty little fucker.

1/16/20 12:07 PM
1/1/01

Who wins a streetfight, 19 year old TKD Rogan vs 18 year old Crumlin boxing Conor? No takedowns, no clinch, no groundwork allowed. Rogan can use weed during warmups and Conor can use blow. No rounds, no time limit.

1/16/20 12:18 PM
7/29/19

Yet every top mma analyst talks about how Conor had great defensive grappling vs Khabib as well as showing good TDD.

1/16/20 12:19 PM
7/29/19
BJ Penn Forever -

Who wins a streetfight, 19 year old TKD Rogan vs 18 year old Crumlin boxing Conor? No takedowns, no clinch, no groundwork allowed. Rogan can use weed during warmups and Conor can use blow. No rounds, no time limit.

I'd say Conor,but he was too broke for blow when he was 18 I'd imagine.

1/16/20 12:22 PM
12/18/15
BJ Penn Forever -

If its in an open field or basketball court Rogan.

1/16/20 3:58 PM
4/9/16
hankhill -
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

Now you're comparing Joe Rogan and Rickson?  Serious question:  Have you ever rolled with anyone? 

Conor is training 4-6 hours a day (yes some of that is even grappling) in preparation for a UFC Main Event on Saturday.  Joe just wrapped up a 3 hour podcast with a physicist.  

I don't care if Rogan knows every single BJJ technique ever invented since the days of Helio.  The difference in conditioning, athletic ability, youth, training schedule and frequency would be immeasurably vast.  Conor taps Joe out seconds after they bump and proceeds to tap him every 40-45 seconds until Rogan says "no mas". 

1/16/20 4:00 PM
4/9/16

Assuming they're going full live right off the bat obviously. 

1/16/20 4:24 PM
2/17/03
MrWizzykin67 - 

You guys are crazy - Rogan would demolish him.

Give props where props are due - but has Conor ever done to make you think he'd be able to beat Rogan?

Swept Nate Diaz.
1/16/20 5:54 PM
1/25/14
MTH -

I would bet Conor. And I feel like a lot of folks on this thread have never rolled with an active UFC level pro MMA fighter. 

There's a lot of fans who don't give pro fighters enough credit imo. 

That said in terms of BJJ, it wasn't abnormal for guys on the lower level of the UFC to get tapped by recreational BJJ guys at least a couple of years ago. 

Rashad said he got tapped by BJJ guys with no interest in competing when he was champion. 

Rogan would probably gas in 60 seconds in the Octagon but that said I'd take prime Rogan to sub McGregor. Current Rogan would almost definitely get tapped himself. Prime Rogan was completely focused on BJJ, McGregor has a bunch of other stuff to practise even if he trains more. 

1/16/20 6:01 PM
11/20/08

A younger jacked Rogan would sub McGregor. Rogan is considerably bigger than Conor and he's a black belt in BJJ.