UnderGround Forums Who would you lke to see Askren fight?

12 days ago
8/20/03
1) Usman
12 days ago
8/20/03
2) Nick Diaz
12 days ago
8/20/03
3) Damian Maia
12 days ago
8/20/03
4) Covington
12 days ago
2/17/03
I want him on a path to a title shot.

I think Till and Masvidal help him on that route and are very interesting. I think an immediate shot against Usman would be great.

If Askren loses any of these fights, fun fights like Maia and Nick would be great.
12 days ago
11/26/18

He needs to fight Lawler. Run it back. Immediate title shot is crazy. Already a line up of deserving contenders. 

If he beats Lawler give him Till. If he wins it's still only a 3 fight road to the title. 

12 days ago
9/24/18
Lawler
12 days ago
8/20/03
wiggum - I want him on a path to a title shot.

I think Till and Masvidal help him on that route and are very interesting. I think an immediate shot against Usman would be great.

If Askren loses any of these fights, fun fights like Maia and Nick would be great.

An immediate shot at Usamn would be awesome and there is the background to justify the shot.

Not sure what fighting Till will do for him, Masvidal, might be more to push him along but not much better.

Nick Diaz would be a fan fight for sure but also would boost Askren's name imo for that title shot. Tell Diaz that the winner of Askren/Diaz gets a shot at Usman.
12 days ago
8/20/03
Simyoldsime - 

He needs to fight Lawler. Run it back. Immediate title shot is crazy. Already a line up of deserving contenders. 

If he beats Lawler give him Till. If he wins it's still only a 3 fight road to the title. 

I would love to see him re-match Lawler. It would be a fun fight I think and I think it would also raise Funky's name recognition.

I think the UFC can really build off the heat of the first fight too.

I'm not sold on why Till should be an option though. What does it do?

Let's not kid ourselves about Askren getting a title shot though. He can fill the title shot requirements easily.
12 days ago
10/26/05

Maia

12 days ago
8/20/03
chupecabre - 

Maia

Yeah, same here.

Maia and Diaz can fight off their back very well so it would be interesting.
12 days ago
1/18/04
Lawler.

There was obvious controversy with the outcome of this fight, and this is the rare occasion where an immediate rematch is warranted.

As a secondary I'd like to see him fight a jj ace like Maia.
12 days ago
1/6/10

Giant Silva

12 days ago
8/20/03
Son of Neckbone - Lawler.

There was obvious controversy with the outcome of this fight, and this is the rare occasion where an immediate rematch is warranted.

As a secondary I'd like to see him fight a jj ace like Maia.

I think Lawler would be game.

Not so sure Askren would.

The UFC SHOULD though because I bet it would sell based on the controversy.
12 days ago
10/4/03

Ranked higher than Maia for one thing. Builds him up with a fight he should win over a top 5 guy.
12 days ago
8/20/03
forrestfan - 

Ranked higher than Maia for one thing. Builds him up with a fight he should win over a top 5 guy.

Till didn't have much for Woodley on the ground which is where this fight will go.

Till looks great if he wins, doesn't do much for Askren imo.

Askren seems to want it however.
12 days ago
2/9/14

Lawler is the only answer here.  Till is ranked like number 2, so of course that does something for him.  Lawler next,  then just give him the title fight. 

12 days ago
8/20/03
MagicMark - 

Lawler is the only answer here.  Till is ranked like number 2, so of course that does something for him.  Lawler next,  then just give him the title fight. 

I suspect that Askren will take this fight into the same humpfest as it was going in for the first fight, as long as he can avoid those huge shots from Lawler.

However, what if Funky loses? Would that kill his title shot?

I would think Askren should ask for a title shot vs Usman now.

Woodley is certainly not going to get a re-match any time soon vs Usman so that clears the way for Funky.
12 days ago
10/4/03
Captain Canuck - 
forrestfan - 

Till didn't have much for Woodley on the ground which is where this fight will go.

You can't see how beating a higher ranked guy in an easier fight is better than a guy ranked below you who may be tougher on the ground?
12 days ago
8/20/03
forrestfan - 
Captain Canuck - 
forrestfan - 

You can't see how beating a higher ranked guy in an easier fight is better than a guy ranked below you who may be tougher on the ground?

Except that Funky said he wants to fight the hardest fights.

Why take the easy one?

Edited: 12 days ago
6/27/05

Usman or Covington

Give the guy a matchup where there’s heat....he already had to wait for the Lawler fight to be rescheduled - he’s not getting younger.

But this is Dana Dildo White we’re talking about and his ego has to be satisfied - Askren embarrasses Lawler this time around and shits on Dana again in the post fight interview.

12 days ago
10/4/03
Covington
12 days ago
4/25/11

Nick Diaz.

Win, Win for UFC and the fans.  Will never happen.

12 days ago
1/6/10

William Shatner

12 days ago
2/15/06
1) Demian

2) Lawler

3) Usman

4) Colby

In that order.

Forget both Diaz brothers. They are retired and would need to work their way back into the mix again. I doubt Nick will ever fight again anyway.