UnderGround Forums Who's the toughest/grittiest fighter of all time?

9/12/19 10:39 AM
3/17/14

tony ferg

9/12/19 10:47 AM
12/14/15
The Lion King -
Bigtrain2681 -
The Lion King -
Bigtrain2681 -
The Lion King -
SickEye -
The Lion King -
SickEye -
The Lion King -
jetsteragain -
T?bikan J?dan - 
wiggum - There are a few people who deserves spots at the top of the list.

Making a list and arguing that there are clear number ones like the Diaz brothers, both of whom have slowed down and conceded defeat a couple points during their careers, is crazy. (The Diazes are insanely tough. But they aren't clearly tougher than Gathje, for example).

If Nakai, Enson, and Nog aren't on your list, then something is wrong with your list.

Lots of tough guys have been mentioned here. I don't think anyone has mentioned Frankie, but he should definitely be on the list.

I almost mentioned Enson. I know people on this board love him, but I haven't seen enough footage to be informed enough to have an opinion 

Name me 1 fight The Diaz bro's conceded defeat???

I saw them be frustrated, ya, namely Nick against GSP but that was just because GSP's skillset was above and beyond Nick's, BUT Nick never gave up, he just couldn't keep up skill wise.

If you consider knowing you're clearly outclassed in skill and are frustrated conceding then we see differently.

Believe me if Geathje had ever fought GSP we would see the same from him when GSP would totally control him on the ground and Geathje could ABSELOUTLEY DO NOTHING, he would be frustrated as well but dont confuse that with giving up....Apples and Oranges.

Gaethje would likely get submitted or knocked out by GSP because he wouldn’t just lay there on his back content with losing a decision like the Diaz bros do. He would put himself in dangerous positions to get out from bottom and go wild for the kill in the striking which would lead to him go getting finished. Nick and Nate will never go out on their shield if they’re down on points; they’d rather make mean faces and look tough than go out on their shield trying to get the kill.

Apparently Conor won’t go out on his shield either...

Yes he will. Compare his fight against Khabib compared to Al. 

Al was content with getting boxed up by a vastly inferior striker for the last 2 rounds and stalling to a decision loss as long as it meant no more ground punishment on the ground. Conor actually engaged in striking and risked getting taken down which is why he actually won a round and got caught in a Td in the 4th. Then instead of laying on his back and stalling to a decision loss Diaz/Masvidal “gangster style” he actually tried working his way back to his feet and got caught in a neck crank in the process.

Or like when he risked getting guillotined against Mendes but ended up escaping in a beautiful scramble and finishing him seconds later.

But of course the WWE crossover fans think Conor is the pussy for tapping out because they were raised to believe that only the “cowardly bad guy heel characters” tap out to fully sunken in submissions while their heroes just “hulk out” of it. In reality Conor is a warrior for going out on his shield and putting himself in dangerous positions to fight for a W rather than just coasting to a decision loss and looking “gangster” in the process (see every Diaz or Masvidal decision loss). 

Those are some serious mental gymnastics. 

Concession accepted

Reading it, I don’t think it’s a concession, more highlighting how your diving through hoops and massaging facts to fit your narrative. 

So you admit my arguments were factual and can’t respond to any of them?

I accept your concession as well. 

Lol. No. They’re not ‘factual’. They’re built on retard logic to enable you to warp them to fit your narrative. 

Al done worse than Mcgregor because he lasted the entire fight, despite as you stated, he was getting ‘boxed up’ for the majority of it, against a better wrestler he couldn’t take down. Wheras Mcgregor displayed his toughness by getting taken down at will, dropped when standing and getting finished in the 4th. 

I hope me highlighting the stupidity of your ‘facts’ clears this up for you. 

You’re just as retarded on this account as your others. Congratulations boy. 

You admitted my statements were facts in your previous post. Lasting longer does not equate to doing better. It’s easy to stall to a dominant loss rather than going back and forth before being finished.

Conor put himself in dangerous positions to win round 3 and continued to put himself in dangerous positions in round 4 which costed him. He could have easily stalled to a lopsided decision loss like many of Khabibs other opponents but instead opted to be the 1st fighter to ever win a round against Khabib.

Much like Bisping, Hughes, and Serra got finished by GSP because they put themselves in dangerous positions actually trying to beat him. Whereas many of GSPs lesser opponents lasted longer than Bisping, Hughes, and Serra because they were just content with surviving.

No. I didn’t. At all.

You lost me with ‘Conor put himself in dangerous positions’. Lol. Like he had any iota of a say in where that fight took place. None. Zero. Nada 

I think you’re confusing fighters that get dominated and fighters that can stop from ending up in their opponents most dominant position. You really think Hughes, Serra or Bisping voluntarily ended up under GSP???? Lol. You’re delusional. 

9/12/19 10:55 AM
7/5/13

Cabbage 

9/12/19 11:19 AM
9/11/19
T?bikan J?dan -

My vote would be for Yuki Nakai. Dude was a complete savage. His vale tudo Japan performance alone is enough. 

Three fights in one night, Devastating injury in the first bout, smallest guy by a wide margin with two opponents having 100lb advantages. Fights to fights half blind. 

The old school guys were a different breed  

Don Frye comes to mind

9/12/19 11:26 AM
1/9/11

Yuki Nakai is a great choice, a true martial artist and honorable man to say the least.

Watching that again reignites my disdain for that loser Gerard Gordeau. I remember how mad Royce got when Gerard bit him trying to defend the Mata Leão. He cheats/fights dirty and still loses. 

9/12/19 12:05 PM
11/2/09

Big Nog and Saku. Giving up just was not an option ever. 

Edited: 9/12/19 12:40 PM
3/12/15
Bigtrain2681 -
The Lion King -
Bigtrain2681 -
The Lion King -
Bigtrain2681 -
The Lion King -
SickEye -
The Lion King -
SickEye -
The Lion King -
jetsteragain -
T?bikan J?dan - 

Making a list and arguing that there are clear number ones like the Diaz brothers, both of whom have slowed down and conceded defeat a couple points during their careers, is crazy. (The Diazes are insanely tough. But they aren't clearly tougher than Gathje, for example).

If Nakai, Enson, and Nog aren't on your list, then something is wrong with your list.

Lots of tough guys have been mentioned here. I don't think anyone has mentioned Frankie, but he should definitely be on the list.

I almost mentioned Enson. I know people on this board love him, but I haven't seen enough footage to be informed enough to have an opinion 

I saw them be frustrated, ya, namely Nick against GSP but that was just because GSP's skillset was above and beyond Nick's, BUT Nick never gave up, he just couldn't keep up skill wise.

If you consider knowing you're clearly outclassed in skill and are frustrated conceding then we see differently.

Believe me if Geathje had ever fought GSP we would see the same from him when GSP would totally control him on the ground and Geathje could ABSELOUTLEY DO NOTHING, he would be frustrated as well but dont confuse that with giving up....Apples and Oranges.

Gaethje would likely get submitted or knocked out by GSP because he wouldn’t just lay there on his back content with losing a decision like the Diaz bros do. He would put himself in dangerous positions to get out from bottom and go wild for the kill in the striking which would lead to him go getting finished. Nick and Nate will never go out on their shield if they’re down on points; they’d rather make mean faces and look tough than go out on their shield trying to get the kill.

Al was content with getting boxed up by a vastly inferior striker for the last 2 rounds and stalling to a decision loss as long as it meant no more ground punishment on the ground. Conor actually engaged in striking and risked getting taken down which is why he actually won a round and got caught in a Td in the 4th. Then instead of laying on his back and stalling to a decision loss Diaz/Masvidal “gangster style” he actually tried working his way back to his feet and got caught in a neck crank in the process.

Or like when he risked getting guillotined against Mendes but ended up escaping in a beautiful scramble and finishing him seconds later.

But of course the WWE crossover fans think Conor is the pussy for tapping out because they were raised to believe that only the “cowardly bad guy heel characters” tap out to fully sunken in submissions while their heroes just “hulk out” of it. In reality Conor is a warrior for going out on his shield and putting himself in dangerous positions to fight for a W rather than just coasting to a decision loss and looking “gangster” in the process (see every Diaz or Masvidal decision loss). 

Concession accepted

Reading it, I don’t think it’s a concession, more highlighting how your diving through hoops and massaging facts to fit your narrative. 

Lol. No. They’re not ‘factual’. They’re built on retard logic to enable you to warp them to fit your narrative. 

Al done worse than Mcgregor because he lasted the entire fight, despite as you stated, he was getting ‘boxed up’ for the majority of it, against a better wrestler he couldn’t take down. Wheras Mcgregor displayed his toughness by getting taken down at will, dropped when standing and getting finished in the 4th. 

You admitted my statements were facts in your previous post. Lasting longer does not equate to doing better. It’s easy to stall to a dominant loss rather than going back and forth before being finished.

Conor put himself in dangerous positions to win round 3 and continued to put himself in dangerous positions in round 4 which costed him. He could have easily stalled to a lopsided decision loss like many of Khabibs other opponents but instead opted to be the 1st fighter to ever win a round against Khabib.

Much like Bisping, Hughes, and Serra got finished by GSP because they put themselves in dangerous positions actually trying to beat him. Whereas many of GSPs lesser opponents lasted longer than Bisping, Hughes, and Serra because they were just content with surviving.

No. I didn’t. At all.

You lost me with ‘Conor put himself in dangerous positions’. Lol. Like he had any iota of a say in where that fight took place. None. Zero. Nada 

I think you’re confusing fighters that get dominated and fighters that can stop from ending up in their opponents most dominant position. You really think Hughes, Serra or Bisping voluntarily ended up under GSP???? Lol. You’re delusional. 

Except he kept the fight standing the entire 3rd round while Khabib panicked and squirmed pathetically for takedowns and Conor still won the striking. If he just focused on fighting defensively and stalling and let Khabib box him up like Al did then he could have easily coasted to a decision loss like Al did. But instead he actually tried to beat Khabib and put himself in risk of being taken down by actually showing offensive striking instead of eating jabs from an inferior striker while just focusing on not getting taken down like Al did. And when he got taken down he turned his back to try to get a stand up and escape rather than just stalling in guard. It backfired and he got neckcranked while trying to escape from bottom. 

And I didn’t say Hughes and Bisping voluntarily ended up on bottom of GSP, you mouth breathing retard. I said they ended up in dominant positions and got finished because they put themselves in risky situations while attempting to get the win rather than being content with stalling to a decision loss like some of GSPs lesser opponents. Please learn to read, retard. 

9/12/19 2:10 PM
4/20/08

Wanderlei

Shogun

9/12/19 2:18 PM
3/12/14

Evan Tanner

9/12/19 2:20 PM
6/8/10
jetsteragain - Both Diaz Bro's, No one can be tougher, they are the bench mark for Everyone.

Tony Ferguson seems to be Equaling that bench mark.

Jorge Masvidal used to street fight bare knuckle in the Kimbo Slice productions way back ( and he was a bad Motherfucker!! )

They just kind of have bad attitudes, they have tough don't get me wrong but have they really ever fought through and had to really reach down for a win. Not only that, they talk about fighting anyone but the reality is Nick won't fight anyone anymore and Nate only takes big money fights. 

9/12/19 2:32 PM
6/8/10
The Lion King -

Gaethje. Anyone saying otherwise is just being a pseudo-intellectual and trying to impress people with their knowledge of the past.

Also, Evander Holyfield’s performance against riddick bowe in round 10 always comes to mind when I think of “Lionheart”. 

I hate this fucking app, my entire response just disappeared.

Gaethje is tough as nails but if he doesn't change his "Rocky" strategy of getting punched until your opponent is tired his chin will be shot and he will talk like Holyfield.

Speaking of Evander, he was tough as they come and had heart for days but it comes with consequences, he can barley string a sentence together. 

A few that come to mind are  Lytle, Sherk, Diego and Frankie. 

9/12/19 2:42 PM
10/8/13

Frankie Edgar

9/12/19 3:07 PM
6/17/12

As far as toughness I don't think anyone is as tough as Prime Big Nog.

9/12/19 3:15 PM
12/18/14

After seeing the barboza fight I have to say dan hooker that guy could’ve quit 1000 times in that match and his body gave out before his mind such a display of toughness

9/12/19 3:29 PM
7/16/13
Hendosrighthand -

After seeing the barboza fight I have to say dan hooker that guy could’ve quit 1000 times in that match and his body gave out before his mind such a display of toughness

Totally forgot about Hooker. 

9/12/19 3:46 PM
12/14/15
The Lion King -
Bigtrain2681 -
The Lion King -
Bigtrain2681 -
The Lion King -
Bigtrain2681 -
The Lion King -
SickEye -
The Lion King -
SickEye -
The Lion King -
jetsteragain -
T?bikan J?dan - 

Concession accepted

No. I didn’t. At all.

Except he kept the fight standing the entire 3rd round while Khabib panicked and squirmed pathetically for takedowns and Conor still won the striking. If he just focused on fighting defensively and stalling and let Khabib box him up like Al did then he could have easily coasted to a decision loss like Al did. But instead he actually tried to beat Khabib and put himself in risk of being taken down by actually showing offensive striking instead of eating jabs from an inferior striker while just focusing on not getting taken down like Al did. And when he got taken down he turned his back to try to get a stand up and escape rather than just stalling in guard. It backfired and he got neckcranked while trying to escape from bottom. 

And I didn’t say Hughes and Bisping voluntarily ended up on bottom of GSP, you mouth breathing retard. I said they ended up in dominant positions and got finished because they put themselves in risky situations while attempting to get the win rather than being content with stalling to a decision loss like some of GSPs lesser opponents. Please learn to read, retard. 

Conor could of coasted to a decision? You’re comedy gold. Mcgregor survived. That’s all. And when he couldn’t survive any more, he got strangled. 

What ‘risky situations’ you dumb cunt. GSP dictated the fights. They chose nothing. They got whatever GSP gave. 

You continually expose yourself as the dummy you clearly are. 

9/12/19 3:47 PM
7/31/15

Hendo, Frye, Diaz (both)

9/12/19 3:50 PM
12/14/15
The Lion King -
Bigtrain2681 -
The Lion King -
Bigtrain2681 -
The Lion King -
Bigtrain2681 -
The Lion King -
SickEye -
The Lion King -
SickEye -
The Lion King -
jetsteragain -
T?bikan J?dan - 

Concession accepted

No. I didn’t. At all.

Conor could have ‘coasted to a decision’. Lol. Mcgregor survived. He did all he could do to not get finished. And when he couldn’t survive any more, he got finished. You’re comedy gold. 

‘They ended up in dominant positions and got finished’. Read that back. And you have the audacity to call me a mouth breather bah ha ha. GSP dictated where those fights took place. And they all got finished. 

Keep on with your false narrative, it continually exposes you as the dummy you are. 

Edited: 9/12/19 6:09 PM
3/12/15

Look at bigtrains last 2 posts. I didn't even say anything but he still rephrased himself back to back because he's on auto-pilot from being so used to repeating himself after getting destroyed. He repeats himself after his arguments get debunked because he thinks doubling down changes the fact that he got proven wrong. 

Sorry, little buddy, but repeating opinions that have already been refuted doesn't change the fact that they've been refuted. You can double down all you want, but at the end of the day you've still been proven wrong.

Rather than repeating myself and destroying the same arguments I already destroyed; I'll just accept your concessions on all the points you didn't reply to.

Little bud. 

9/12/19 9:15 PM
12/14/15
The Lion King -

Look at bigtrains last 2 posts. I didn't even say anything but he still rephrased himself back to back because he's on auto-pilot from being so used to repeating himself after getting destroyed. He repeats himself after his arguments get debunked because he thinks doubling down changes the fact that he got proven wrong. 

Sorry, little buddy, but repeating opinions that have already been refuted doesn't change the fact that they've been refuted. You can double down all you want, but at the end of the day you've still been proven wrong.

Rather than repeating myself and destroying the same arguments I already destroyed; I'll just accept your concessions on all the points you didn't reply to.

Little bud. 

Or..the shitty app didn’t show my post. So I posted again. Pretty much exactly the same thing. Because it’s easy to retort a fool like yourself. 

‘Destroyed’. Ok boy. Did you get confused which account you were using there you sad cunt. 

9/12/19 9:28 PM
7/20/08

Wanderlei 

9/12/19 10:21 PM
3/12/15
Bigtrain2681 -
The Lion King -

Little bud. 

Or..the shitty app didn’t show my post. So I posted again. Pretty much exactly the same thing. Because it’s easy to retort a fool like yourself. 

‘Destroyed’. Ok boy. Did you get confused which account you were using there you sad cunt. 

You haven’t even attempted to retort anything I said. You just disagreed and posted your emotional opinions without any logic or arguments to support them. 

You are by far the worst debater I’ve ever encountered here (and that’s saying something).

I would say worst poster, but at least you don’t give off a creepy stalker vibe like Peterjansen/flyingocto. That dude was on some silence of the lambs shit posting creepy comments from a porn dungeon somewhere. Whereas you’re just retarded and harmless.  

9/12/19 10:57 PM
8/11/05
Oleg.

Igor Z.
9/13/19 2:10 AM
10/14/17

Clay Guida

9/13/19 2:12 AM
7/19/13

Nick Diaz. That Paul Daley fight set the standard way back in the day.. gets seemingly slumped, gets back up and proceeds to destroy Paul Daley..