MMA Promoter1 -
FatBuddha -
MMA Promoter1 - 
Winston Wolf -
MMA Promoter1 -
Winston Wolf -
MMA Promoter1 -
grandchampion -

Fighters job is to fight not asses the condition of his opponent, that’s what the doctor is for.

Fighters job is to fight to the end, it is up to the referee to stop the fight.

to suggest fining already underpaid athletes for doing their job is ludicrous.

stop watching the replay and saying coulda woulda shoulda the man did his job perfectly.

You can’t keep watching it in retrospect and then projecting yourself and your delicate sensibilities onto another, professional man in the heat of COMBAT

You would never compete like that to begin with OP so stop trying to tell us how it should be done. 

Just because you can do something doesn't always mean you should. If your opponent is stiff as a board why continue to punch them? Oh that's right you want to inflict permanent brain damage upon them because winning and embarassing them wasn't good enough for you.

the stakes are high This is how they earn a living and pay for their kids college...Last fight Askren came back from  the dead to finish the fight the same round,,Jorges job is to fight until the referee signals the end of the fight .Once he did Jorge stopped..This fight puts him 1 fight away from a title shot And like him hate him you will tune in to watch him fight Hes among UFCs most marketable fighters out there..Root against him it doesnt matter as long as your paying.Im rooting for him hes a bad ass and backs it up and is top 5 on the planet maybe higher.Things happen fast in MMA.nobody expected a 1 second knockout but if anything the ref who i dont blame was late in calling the fight..

Perhaps if after Robbie slammed Ben and knocked him out with the second punch he would have won that fight if he stopped punching at that moment. The ref would have stopped it. Hindsight is 20/20. Anyway my point isn't directed at Jorge alone. If it's clear to the fighter their opponent has completely went out and went stiff then you don't have to keep fighting. You've won. It's not like the ref isn't going to stop the fight. Plus walk off KOs are always badass and entertaining. 

For Jorge's next fight I'd like to see him fight the winner of Pettis and Diaz or fight Woodley. I'm a fan of Masvidals I just think he's an emotionally fragile bitch. 

your post was fine until u completely contridicted yourself saying your a fan then calling him a whiney bitch After u been complaining about the punches..

Learn how to read perhaps? I can be a fan and at the same time recognize objectively that Masvidals very very sensitive. No contradictions. I love watching MMA. I don't love people sneaking extra shots in for the fuck of it because they can and fuck you opponent you said I was dumb type shit. That's not in the spirit of competition and it's borderline criminal. Notice I'm only talking about KO's where the opponent goes stiff. If their still awake punch them some more. 

Not really upset about the taunting and post fight shit talk Ben probably deserved that. Nobody though deserves extra added unnecessary brain damage. I respect people more when they KO their opponent and walk away. It shows class and a respect for humanity.

Great post. This was literally basically all I was trying to say.

Good luck with the just bleed crowd. If something serious were to ever happen MMA would come under a lot of scrutiny if extra shots were a potential causation. I don't really think there's anything anyone can do about it as yes I understand adrenaline and emotion in the moment it's hard to restrain yourself. It's not funny though or ok for a person to go into a post fight interview talking about how they wanted to give extra shots on their unconcious opponent just because fuck them. People wonder why MMA is a niche sport and called barbaric by the non mma public. 

I've said my piece I'm through with this thread. 

your only one calling it barbaric and its legal in all 52 states now..a held sub will do more damage than an extra punch

Was I talking to you? I don't think I was. Hop off my dick playa. 

notice u responded to me first scroll up  Notice my post is first tyhen u replied .But Im done with u.U suck as a fan

Why because I don't like seeing fighters take unnecessary brain damage? lol okay

Next time when you're talking to someone smarter than you then you should perhaps shut the fuck up and listen.

make me stfu and nobody got brain damage

7/16/19 1:55 PM
1/1/01
MMA Promoter1 -
StrikingMMA -
MMA Promoter1 - 
KnockoutThoughts -
MMA Promoter1 -
Winston Wolf -
MMA Promoter1 -
Winston Wolf -
MMA Promoter1 -
grandchampion -

Fighters job is to fight not asses the condition of his opponent, that’s what the doctor is for.

stop watching the replay and saying coulda woulda shoulda the man did his job perfectly.

You can’t keep watching it in retrospect and then projecting yourself and your delicate sensibilities onto another, professional man in the heat of COMBAT

You would never compete like that to begin with OP so stop trying to tell us how it should be done. 

Just because you can do something doesn't always mean you should. If your opponent is stiff as a board why continue to punch them? Oh that's right you want to inflict permanent brain damage upon them because winning and embarassing them wasn't good enough for you.

the stakes are high This is how they earn a living and pay for their kids college...Last fight Askren came back from  the dead to finish the fight the same round,,Jorges job is to fight until the referee signals the end of the fight .Once he did Jorge stopped..This fight puts him 1 fight away from a title shot And like him hate him you will tune in to watch him fight Hes among UFCs most marketable fighters out there..Root against him it doesnt matter as long as your paying.Im rooting for him hes a bad ass and backs it up and is top 5 on the planet maybe higher.Things happen fast in MMA.nobody expected a 1 second knockout but if anything the ref who i dont blame was late in calling the fight..

Perhaps if after Robbie slammed Ben and knocked him out with the second punch he would have won that fight if he stopped punching at that moment. The ref would have stopped it. Hindsight is 20/20. Anyway my point isn't directed at Jorge alone. If it's clear to the fighter their opponent has completely went out and went stiff then you don't have to keep fighting. You've won. It's not like the ref isn't going to stop the fight. Plus walk off KOs are always badass and entertaining. 

For Jorge's next fight I'd like to see him fight the winner of Pettis and Diaz or fight Woodley. I'm a fan of Masvidals I just think he's an emotionally fragile bitch. 

your post was fine until u completely contridicted yourself saying your a fan then calling him a whiney bitch After u been complaining about the punches..

Learn how to read perhaps? I can be a fan and at the same time recognize objectively that Masvidals very very sensitive. No contradictions. I love watching MMA. I don't love people sneaking extra shots in for the fuck of it because they can and fuck you opponent you said I was dumb type shit. That's not in the spirit of competition and it's borderline criminal. Notice I'm only talking about KO's where the opponent goes stiff. If their still awake punch them some more. 

Not really upset about the taunting and post fight shit talk Ben probably deserved that. Nobody though deserves extra added unnecessary brain damage. I respect people more when they KO their opponent and walk away. It shows class and a respect for humanity.

Ppl go stiff or limp and some wake up right away. Why stop punching when the fight’s not over? If the ref doesn’t call it, you just potentially cost yourself the fight. You guys complaining about 2 extra punches are doing the most.. stop bitching! It’s a fight, there’s nothing civil about it. That’s why the ref is there, to maintain order.. Masvidal isn’t emotional at all, he’s a human being that decided this guy deserved a little extra for his antics. Foh with you dead soul individuals that claim feeling some type of way is wrong. 

Bro if your opponent goes stiff the fights over. Do you think the ref isn't going to call the fight? That would be really fucking awkward.

Maybe you have a point, but this was the wrong fight to apply your idea.

1. Start fight by briefly angling away.
2. Turn and sprint toward opponent
3. Jump into the air
4. Knee opponent in the head
5. Land on the ground again
6. Turn to opponent and re-engage on the ground
7. Continue attack

^^
All of this happened in 2 seconds

Exactly where in that 2 seconds do you expect a fighter to stop and assess his opponent's body language?

Jorge admitted he knew Askren was out and he still wanted to give extra shots. He thought it was funny. Personally I don't think it's all that funny. Those are his words not mine.

none of that is a quote...moron

7/16/19 2:25 PM
5/11/05
MMA Promoter1 -
grandchampion -
FatBuddha -
StrikingMMA - 
MMA Promoter1 - 
KnockoutThoughts -
MMA Promoter1 -
Winston Wolf -
MMA Promoter1 -
Winston Wolf -
MMA Promoter1 -
grandchampion -

Ppl go stiff or limp and some wake up right away. Why stop punching when the fight’s not over? If the ref doesn’t call it, you just potentially cost yourself the fight. You guys complaining about 2 extra punches are doing the most.. stop bitching! It’s a fight, there’s nothing civil about it. That’s why the ref is there, to maintain order.. Masvidal isn’t emotional at all, he’s a human being that decided this guy deserved a little extra for his antics. Foh with you dead soul individuals that claim feeling some type of way is wrong. 

Bro if your opponent goes stiff the fights over. Do you think the ref isn't going to call the fight? That would be really fucking awkward.

3. Jump into the air
7. Continue attack

^^

Exactly where in that 2 seconds do you expect a fighter to stop and assess his opponent's body language?

We can recognize the complex features of a facial expression such as happiness in 23 to 28 milliseconds (almost 100 times faster than the 2 seconds of the Masvidal-Askren knockout). Recognition of a gross body motor movement such as the fencing reflex would likely be even faster. If you couldn't quickly recognize what you were looking at at incredible speeds, something like driving on the highway would be impossible.

Fuck all that this isn’t looking at a girl to tell whether or not she’s smiling at you it’s a fucking fight and Masvidal did his job to a T

you are bad for the sport with your crybaby fanboyism 

and nobody who seems to have a problem with it has even addressed LiuPingyang yet I wonder why that is?!

Perhaps nobody knows who the fuck LiuPingyang is? I asked for a link a page or two back and you never responded. I can go ahead and tell you though if Liu or whoever went out and then got extra shots thrown in just because fuck it that's not ok.

I’m not your research boy look it the fuck up

7/16/19 2:28 PM
5/11/05
StrikingMMA -
MMA Promoter1 - 
StrikingMMA -
MMA Promoter1 - 
KnockoutThoughts -
MMA Promoter1 -
Winston Wolf -
MMA Promoter1 -
Winston Wolf -
MMA Promoter1 -
grandchampion -

3. Jump into the air
7. Continue attack

^^

Jorge admitted he knew Askren was out and he still wanted to give extra shots. He thought it was funny. Personally I don't think it's all that funny. Those are his words not mine.

I don't take what he says after the fight seriously. It was just more trash talk.

2 seconds for the whole sequence of events.

No way to do all of that and still be sure when you need to stop fighting.

2 seconds

These guys never been in a real fight. They’re watching slomo replays from differing angles in hindsight with emotions attached.

7/16/19 2:28 PM
2/15/06
It takes me longer to scroll through some of our overly long quoted posts than this fight actually lasted. :|
7/16/19 2:30 PM
2/15/06
grandchampion - 
StrikingMMA -
MMA Promoter1 - 
StrikingMMA -
MMA Promoter1 - 
KnockoutThoughts -
MMA Promoter1 -
Winston Wolf -
MMA Promoter1 -
Winston Wolf -
MMA Promoter1 -
grandchampion -

3. Jump into the air
7. Continue attack

^^

I don't take what he says after the fight seriously. It was just more trash talk.

2 seconds

These guys never been in a real fight. They’re watching slomo replays from differing angles in hindsight with emotions attached.

That could be it. I'm also thinking these were big Askren fans and they don't like what happened so they are venting their frustration.
7/16/19 7:55 PM
2/3/09
StrikingMMA -
grandchampion - 
StrikingMMA -
MMA Promoter1 - 
StrikingMMA -
MMA Promoter1 - 
KnockoutThoughts -
MMA Promoter1 -
Winston Wolf -
MMA Promoter1 -
Winston Wolf -
MMA Promoter1 -
grandchampion -

3. Jump into the air
7. Continue attack

^^

2 seconds

That could be it. I'm also thinking these were big Askren fans and they don't like what happened so they are venting their frustration.

This....given an example the OP used in the video, I'm curious what his take is on the Jones vs Santos fight that night too

7/16/19 9:24 PM
7/9/07

he also walks around like a prison inmate.

7/17/19 12:02 AM
7/15/17
grandchampion -

Askren came back from being KOd to end up winning against Lawler. 

Thats a guy you keep punching.

stop being pussies or watch women’s World Cup soccer instead

And here is the first retard dinkledorf was talking about.

Supporting that behavior is beyond childish and stupid. On a side note, it was good watching Covington toy with Jorge.