UnderGround Forums Why Masvidal is a thug & Rogan,Dana,Ariel=cowards

Edited: 7/11/19 12:47 AM
1/1/01
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
FatBuddha - 
Herring in a Fur Coat - I don't give two shits about your training. You're ignorant and I'm not here to educate you. Not sure what you mean by "kind of a Sherdog thing", but I've done business with Sherdog, Mick Mayndard, Ed Soares - just to name a few... If that makes me a newbie, cool I'll be a newbie.

Anger management issues? LOL. You just said my training was a joke. I assure you they are the most respected credentials and names in martial arts but if you don't want to hear about them fine. No one cares who you've done business with btw. Your panties are seriously getting in a bunch over being called a newbie LOL.

Nah you know what, call it a joke, and I guess I should at least defend my teachers. I never claimed to know everything or that many areas of my martial arts training could use improvement, but I offer the following to show I deserve a seat at the table as far as commentating on these issues:

MMA NEWBIE?
Attended UFC 3 in person, and numerous shows including MARS events in Georgia.

STRIKING ARTS
Trained in old Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido and Judo under Korean Army special forces officer Master Moo H. Kim from age 3 to 18.

Then trained for 5 plus years with Ajarn Chai Sirichute in Thai Boxing (who brought thai boxing to America), and Sifu Francis Fong in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

GRAPPLING ARTS
Wrestled, Centennial high school
Professor of Jiujitsu and black belt directly from Relson Gracie (traveling seminar assistant with Relson on his seminar tours). Trained with virtually every significant member of the Gracie family including Helio (over 25 hours of instruction including privates), Carlson, Rorion, Relson, Rickson, Ryron, Rener, and Rilion. Really explored other of brazilian jiujitsu including training trips to train with Marcelo Garcia, Eddie Bravo, de la Riva, Mario Sperry, etc. etc.
Received purple belt directly from world champion Helio "Soneca" Moreira
Apprentice instructor at Gracie Miami for 6 plus years.

Judo black belt having trained judo since 2004. Spent two summers in the Kodokan in Tokyo, Japan, and have four black belt course certificates from them. Trained with and interviewed everyone I could find in the judo world.

WEAPONS
Certified in tactical shooting from Commence Fire, learning under a police officer with real world experience.
Apprentice instructor in JKD, Kali, Jun Fan Kickboxing from Bruce Lee protege Dan Inosanto.

As I obtained by law degree, then a Ph.D. in molecular biology, competing was never a huge part of my life, but I have competed in Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Judo, and Brazilian Jiujitsu tournaments in both in the United States and Japan, as well as in numerous challenge matches at police academies, Gracie Miami, etc.

All of that training yet little combat experience and you resort to calling me names like a child. 

Man you must get all the clicks and likes and subscribes. 

LOL, ohhhh good one, move the goalpost, I couldn't anticipate that would be the fault you'd find in my martial arts resume (not choosing mma as a career at at time when it was banned from PPV instead of becoming an attorney and scientist, although I did compete in 4 combat sports over 3 decades in 2 different countries). Never said I knew everything, actually SPECIFICALLY said I didn't know everything, just responding to someone saying that my training was "a joke" and that I had enough experience to be given a seat at the table commentating about these issues. You are acting like a child.

I never was in combat, but I have trained the U.S. Army, police departments, and members of the FBI and Navy SEALS, and fought challenge matches with whoever came through the door. But in all seriousness, thank you for your service. I appreciate that you served and had combat experience like your post implies.
7/11/19 12:49 AM
5/11/05
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
FatBuddha - 
Herring in a Fur Coat - I don't give two shits about your training. You're ignorant and I'm not here to educate you. Not sure what you mean by "kind of a Sherdog thing", but I've done business with Sherdog, Mick Mayndard, Ed Soares - just to name a few... If that makes me a newbie, cool I'll be a newbie.

Anger management issues? LOL. You just said my training was a joke. I assure you they are the most respected credentials and names in martial arts but if you don't want to hear about them fine. No one cares who you've done business with btw. Your panties are seriously getting in a bunch over being called a newbie LOL.

Nah you know what, call it a joke, and I guess I should at least defend my teachers. I never claimed to know everything or that many areas of my martial arts training could use improvement, but I offer the following to show I deserve a seat at the table as far as commentating on these issues:

MMA NEWBIE?

STRIKING ARTS
Trained in old Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido and Judo under Korean Army special forces officer Master Moo H. Kim from age 3 to 18.

Then trained for 5 plus years with Ajarn Chai Sirichute in Thai Boxing (who brought thai boxing to America), and Sifu Francis Fong in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

GRAPPLING ARTS
Professor of Jiujitsu and black belt directly from Relson Gracie (traveling seminar assistant with Relson on his seminar tours). Trained with virtually every significant member of the Gracie family including Helio (over 25 hours of instruction including privates), Carlson, Rorion, Relson, Rickson, Ryron, Rener, and Rilion. Really explored other of brazilian jiujitsu including training trips to train with Marcelo Garcia, Eddie Bravo, de la Riva, Mario Sperry, etc. etc.

Judo black belt having trained judo since 2004. Spent two summers in the Kodokan in Tokyo, Japan, and have four black belt course certificates from them. Trained with and interviewed everyone I could find in the judo world.

WEAPONS
Certified in tactical shooting from Commence Fire, learning under a police officer with real world experience.
Apprentice instructor in JKD, Kali, Jun Fan Kickboxing from Bruce Lee protege Dan Inosanto.

As I obtained by law degree, then a Ph.D. in molecular biology, competing was never a huge part of my life, but I have competed in Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Judo, and Brazilian Jiujitsu tournaments in both in the United States and Japan, as well as in numerous challenge matches at police academies, Gracie Miami, etc.

All of that training yet little combat experience and you resort to calling me names like a child. 

LOL, ohhhh good one, move the goalpost, I couldn't anticipate that would be the fault you'd find in my martial arts resume (not choosing mma as a career at at time when it was banned from PPV instead of becoming an attorney and scientist, although I did compete in 4 combat sports over 3 decades in 2 different countries). Never said I knew everything, actually SPECIFICALLY said I didn't know everything, just responding to someone saying that my training was "a joke" and that I had enough experience to be given a seat at the table commentating about these issues. You are acting like a child.

I never was in combat, but I have trained the U.S. Army, police departments, and members of the FBI and Navy SEALS, and fought challenge matches with whoever came through the door. But in all seriousness, thank you for your service. I appreciate that you served and had combat experience like your post implies.

Hand to hand combat is -combat-

it’s literally in the name

Edited: 7/11/19 12:52 AM
1/1/01
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
FatBuddha - 

MMA NEWBIE?

STRIKING ARTS

GRAPPLING ARTS

WEAPONS

it's literally in the name

It's like arguing with an idiot, but:
Hand-to-hand combat (sometimes abbreviated as HTH or H2H) is a physical confrontation between two or more persons at very short range (grappling distance, or within the physical reach of a handheld weapon) that does not involve the use of ranged weapons.
yeah, I've done that. You wrote "combat":

com·bat
noun
/?käm?bat/
fighting between armed forces.
7/11/19 12:56 AM
5/11/05
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
FatBuddha - 

MMA NEWBIE?

STRIKING ARTS

GRAPPLING ARTS

WEAPONS

Hand-to-hand combat (sometimes abbreviated as HTH or H2H) is a physical confrontation between two or more persons at very short range (grappling distance, or within the physical reach of a handheld weapon) that does not involve the use of ranged weapons.

com·bat
noun
/?käm?bat/

Still with the names geez 

I would never imply that I participated in Military Armed Forces in any capacity don’t twist up my words like a fucking woman

nothing in my post implied that

Edited: 7/11/19 1:00 AM
1/1/01
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
FatBuddha - 

MMA NEWBIE?

STRIKING ARTS

GRAPPLING ARTS

WEAPONS

com·bat
noun
/?käm?bat/

I would never imply that I participated in Military Armed Forces in any capacity don't twist up my words like a fucking woman

I'm literally going by the definition of the words you're using from the dictionary. Not sure what other meanings you'd like me to guess at. So you were implying you were in combat and I wasn't but you didn't mean actual combat just hand-to-hand combat (although you neglected to use that phrase until called out on it), although it was patently obvious from my training resume that I've had significant experience in hand-to-hand combat, gotcha. Well then, I take back my thank you for your service then. I'm not going to accuse you of stolen valor, as you're probably not using your words very precisely.
7/11/19 1:13 AM
5/11/05
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
FatBuddha - 

MMA NEWBIE?

STRIKING ARTS

GRAPPLING ARTS

WEAPONS

com·bat
noun
/?käm?bat/

I would never imply that I participated in Military Armed Forces in any capacity don't twist up my words like a fucking woman

I'm literally going by the definition of the words you're using from the dictionary. Not sure what other meanings you'd like me to guess at. So you were implying you were in combat and I wasn't but you didn't mean actual combat just hand-to-hand combat (although you neglected to use that phrase until called out on it), although it was patently obvious from my training resume that I've had significant experience in hand-to-hand combat, gotcha. Well then, I take back my thank you for your service then. I'm not going to accuse you of stolen valor, as you're probably not using your words very precisely.

I never even said I had your ~precious only reserved for military armed forces definition of combat- experience 

I was talking about YOU

How many MMA promotions are there that use the term combat? 

Coliseum Combat right off the top of my head is one

how many fight sport commentators call the participants combatants?

fucking all of them

Combat is not only a term reserved for military armed forces

Youre just mad because your opinion your YouTube video and your attempts to attack me are squid shit and I called you out for SPAM ing us with your garbage

7/11/19 1:22 AM
12/17/09
FatBuddha -
After Jorge Masvidal continued to strike a clearly unconscious and seizing Ben Askren, much of the mma world including Dana White, Ariel Helwani, and Joe Rogan refused to condemn his actions. A discussion of psychopathic traits and our moral compass ensues. Please like, share and most importantly subscribe, thank you. Unless you're a POS. Then please, don't bother.

You look like RA the Rugged Man had a son with Bobcat Goldthwait.

I bet you've got scars on your dick from jerking off to Bruce Lee with his shirt off.

You've got a kick-ass sword collection too, don't you?

Ben is not going to fuck you bro. Is that a Members Only jacket? Fresh.

7/11/19 1:23 AM
7/19/13

I bet Robbie wishes he had hit him a few more times in their fight. It’s fighting, you don’t leave nothing to chance. I remember quite a few fights where it looked like the fight should have been stopped, or the guy was just about out, and then they come back to win the fight. You hit the guy until it’s officially over, that’s the sport. The fight isn’t over till the ref calls it. You guys should go watch soccer if you can’t handle the brutality of fighting.. 2 extra hits doesn’t make you a thug.

The other thing is white ppl are funny! lol.. You guys only condemn behavior and label ppl “thugs” when they’re not white. The word thug is always used to describe minorities, but when a white person commits the same offense, suddenly they have a mental condition or some other excuse as to why they act the way they do. They can’t just be thugs huh? Aldo was clearly out, McGregor hit him with 2 more on the ground. Why didn’t you call him a thug? Why didn’t you call him a thug throughout his whole campaign of disrespect towards his opponents? You guys ate that shit up! Foh.. the word thug is a word racist white ppl use towards minorities, yet when a white person exhibits the same quality it’s always a mental condition, or some other excuse as to why the individual did it, never is it because they’re a “thug”.. it’s hypocrisy at it’s finest. The word thug in America is really only used by racist whites when describing a black or brown person.. it’s sad how the butthurt only kicks in when brown or black ppl win fights. Suddenly their actions are “thug behavior”. It’s a fight! There is no room for hesitation.. you finish the fight when you get the chance. I don’t remember reading any threads calling Hendo a thug.. why the double standard? 

Edited: 7/11/19 1:29 AM
1/1/01
AngryGerbil - 
FatBuddha -

LMAO. This one was at least a little funny. Thank you for reposting my video.
Edited: 7/11/19 1:35 AM
1/1/01
KnockoutThoughts - 

I bet Robbie wishes he had hit him a few more times in their fight. It's fighting, you don't leave nothing to chance. I remember quite a few fights where it looked like the fight should have been stopped, or the guy was just about out, and then they come back to win the fight. You hit the guy until it's officially over, that's the sport. The fight isn't over till the ref calls it. You guys should go watch soccer if you can't handle the brutality of fighting.. 2 extra hits doesn't make you a thug.

The other thing is white ppl are funny! lol.. You guys only condemn behavior and label ppl "thugs" when they're not white. The word thug is always used to describe minorities, but when a white person commits the same offense, suddenly they have a mental condition or some other excuse as to why they act the way they do. They can't just be thugs huh? Aldo was clearly out, McGregor hit him with 2 more on the ground. Why didn't you call him a thug? Why didn't you call him a thug throughout his whole campaign of disrespect towards his opponents? You guys ate that shit up! Foh.. the word thug is a word racist white ppl use towards minorities, yet when a white person exhibits the same quality it's always a mental condition, or some other excuse as to why the individual did it, never is it because they're a "thug".. it's hypocrisy at it's finest. The word thug in America is really only used by racist whites when describing a black or brown person.. it's sad how the butthurt only kicks in when brown or black ppl win fights. Suddenly their actions are "thug behavior". It's a fight! There is no room for hesitation.. you finish the fight when you get the chance. I don't remember reading any threads calling Hendo a thug.. why the double standard? 

I've absolutely called out both Hendo and Conor for thugish behavior in the past.
Edited: 7/11/19 1:42 AM
7/19/13

^^

But they’re not.. the sport is fighting! The ref is the guy who keeps the the civility, because fighting is barbaric. That’s just the reality of it. They’re not fucking lily flowers who should cuddle each other. Sometimes mean words are said, sometimes you have pent up anger in a fight. Masvidal didn’t hit him anymore once the ref stopped the fight.. he’s not a thug, he did what he was supposed to do as a fighter. You’re in there making split second decisions in a violent contact sport. It’s either you or me. You’re not going to pull your punches and show mercy in a fight, especially not against a guy whose plan is to grab you and lay on top of you for 5 rounds if he just so happens to be only half asleep like he was in the Robbie fight. That’s how you lose..

7/11/19 1:40 AM
1/1/01
KnockoutThoughts - 

You really think Masvidal didn't know Askren was out and having a seizure? Really? He actually admitted he knew and said he wished the ref wasn't there so he could keep delivering strikes.
7/11/19 1:44 AM
5/11/05
FatBuddha -
KnockoutThoughts - 

You really think Masvidal didn't know Askren was out and having a seizure? Really? He actually admitted he knew and said he wished the ref wasn't there so he could keep delivering strikes.

Dude switch to women’s soccer reviews they will appreciate your soft side

Edited: 7/11/19 1:48 AM
7/19/13
FatBuddha -
KnockoutThoughts - 

You want to be mad at somebody? Be mad at the ref. Your entire complaint is related to his job. Masvidal did his job well.. his job was to end Askren. I think he accomplished his task. 2 extra hits in a fight isn’t thug behavior, it’s heat of the moment and meant to ensure the victory.. leave no doubts. If he had hit him 100 times after the KO, or after the ref jumped in, ok then you would have a point, but not when he did everything right. It’s not his job to call a fight for the ref.. ref had to step in and save the fighter from further damage. 

7/11/19 1:48 AM
1/1/01
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
KnockoutThoughts - 

Ohhh good one. There's some unconscious coma patients in the hospital if it floats your boat and you want to get some shots in to keep it hardcore.
7/11/19 1:50 AM
1/1/01
This is what happens when martial arts are divorced from the philosophy and early ethical training that traditionally accompanied it. Like Jhoon Rhee said, "Martial arts without philosophy is just a street fight."
7/11/19 1:53 AM
1/1/01
KnockoutThoughts - 
FatBuddha -
KnockoutThoughts - 

You want to be mad at somebody? Be mad at the ref. Your entire complaint is related to his job. Masvidal did his job well.. his job was to end Askren. I think he accomplished his task. 2 extra hits in a fight isn’t thug behavior, it’s heat of the moment and meant to ensure the victory.. leave no doubts. If he had hit him 100 times after the KO, or after the ref jumped in, ok then you would have a point, but not when he did everything right. It’s not his job to call a fight for the ref.. ref had to step in and save the fighter from further damage. 

So I know you're just using it as an example, but is that where you would draw the line? At 100 hits before the ref steps in? So you're saying at SOME point, however extreme, it's on the fighter to stop even before the ref jumps in and even though that's not the rules. So, let's say the referee sprained his ankle on the way over, and Masvidal got 10 shots in when Askren clearly was unconscious and having a seizure - would that be OK?
7/11/19 1:54 AM
5/11/05
FatBuddha - This is what happens when martial arts are divorced from the philosophy and early ethical training that traditionally accompanied it. Like Jhoon Rhee said, "Martial arts without philosophy is just a street fight."

Then why is it OK for your boy to talk mad shit about his opponent before the fight

damn dude you’re bullet points are just terrible 

7/11/19 1:55 AM
5/11/05
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
KnockoutThoughts - 

Ohhh good one. There's some unconscious coma patients in the hospital if it floats your boat and you want to get some shots in to keep it hardcore.

Lol your drawing at straws now dude this is getting pathetic 

7/11/19 1:57 AM
1/1/01
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha - This is what happens when martial arts are divorced from the philosophy and early ethical training that traditionally accompanied it. Like Jhoon Rhee said, "Martial arts without philosophy is just a street fight."

Then why is it OK for your boy to talk mad shit about his opponent before the fight

damn dude you’re bullet points are just terrible 

I break down exactly what Masvidal said versus what Ben said in my video if you weren't too much of a brickhead to watch it.
7/11/19 2:04 AM
1/1/01
God Of Thunder - 

Good video op 

Thanks, appreciate it.
7/11/19 2:04 AM
5/14/08

It’s prize fighting.

7/11/19 2:11 AM
5/11/05

It’s hilarious how you call me names repeatedly like a child

7/11/19 2:19 AM
1/1/01
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
KnockoutThoughts - 

What is "drawing at straws"?
7/11/19 2:25 AM
5/11/05
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
KnockoutThoughts - 

What is "drawing at straws"?

Grasping at straws is probably the correct phrase 

I will concede this one to you