UnderGround Forums Why did Ferguson feel bad?

8 days ago
2/25/15
Ferguson dominated round 2 so hard that Cowboy didn't look like Cowboy anymore and the doc had to stop the fight. The Doc's stoppage was 100% the right call, and the only person who did a "mistake" is Cowboy by blowing his nose (but thank god he did that "mistake").

I don't get why at the end Ferguson literally apologized and the crowd booed. It was an amazing show, and in my book, and your turn your opponent's face into a mess, that's a win even more legit than a decision.

Imo, Ferg won this 100%, fair and square.
8 days ago
3/13/18

Because the unexpected and undefended punch after the bell dislodged some snot which is what Cowboy blew out causing his eye to swell and thus stopping the fight.

8 days ago
3/7/05
He wanted the highlight reel knock out.
8 days ago
7/18/15

2 straight fights his opponents had 2nd rounder corner stoppage. He was just getting warmed up for his big 3rd round finish and cut short. He may have also felt bad about the late hit right before the stoppage. The hit to.me really looked accidental and was not as late as everyone made it seem.

8 days ago
3/6/06
Maybe because he broke Cowboy's nose with an illegal and dirty punch well after the bell, and that lead to the premature end of the fight.
8 days ago
2/25/15
Pura Vida - Maybe because he broke Cowboy's nose with an illegal and dirty punch well after the bell, and that lead to the premature end of the fight.

I mostly blame the ref for not getting in between them. Fighters don't hear the bell like us and its hard to stop in the middle of a combo. And i really doubt that punch is what stopped the fight. It landed no where near that eye.
8 days ago
4/18/19
Pura Vida - Maybe because he broke Cowboy's nose with an illegal and dirty punch well after the bell, and that lead to the premature end of the fight.

Lmao... what a dumbass comment.

that nose was broke long before that 1/2 speed punch. 

8 days ago
1/1/11
Buckeyeman3745 - 
Pura Vida - Maybe because he broke Cowboy's nose with an illegal and dirty punch well after the bell, and that lead to the premature end of the fight.

True, but I don't think Tony knew exactly what happened right then. They went to the replay - which they rarely ever do - to watch the late punch again. So I think at that moment Tony thought the late punch had something to do with the stoppage.
8 days ago
12/1/10
floofy - 
Pura Vida - Maybe because he broke Cowboy's nose with an illegal and dirty punch well after the bell, and that lead to the premature end of the fight.

I mostly blame the ref for not getting in between them. Fighters don't hear the bell like us and its hard to stop in the middle of a combo. And i really doubt that punch is what stopped the fight. It landed no where near that eye.

this tan dan was way to far away. at the 10 second clap he should of been on them ready to hop in and stop it. sometimes you can hang back if the guys are not high intensity but they were trading blows at a very high rate to know what was happening outside of the two of them. i dont blame tony at all. i dont hear my gf on the couch next to me half the time.
8 days ago
11/26/16
3fie -

Because the unexpected and undefended punch after the bell dislodged some snot which is what Cowboy blew out causing his eye to swell and thus stopping the fight.

Something like this

8 days ago
8/24/15

Because the last punch of the fight was after the bell and wast insignificant. Im sure his nose was already broke but nobody knows for sure. And yes cowboy took and ass woopin in the second round but it wasnt a 10-8 beating. So it was tied a round apiece and then ends like that. And dont say he was going to lose anyway because the main event showed that you cant judge a fight off of one round.

7 days ago
9/2/10

Because of the punch after the bell.

7 days ago
5/8/13
Buckeyeman3745 -

Nose was already broke, but wasn’t a half speed punch either lol....    he felt bad because he left doubt in some people’s minds and he knew the late punch was a bad look even tho he was gonna win. Imo 

7 days ago
12/6/11

I truly enjoyed the fight up until the stoppage, at the same time it is good that they stopped the fight for Cowboy.  He is someone who is always game to fight anyone at any time and so he needs to minimize the amount of damage he takes.  Tony was just getting warmed up; most times he is a slow starter. 

7 days ago
9/7/17
He felt bad for getting caught up in the moment and throwing a late shot. He wanted a 3rd round for Cowboy, the fans, and also himself.
7 days ago
9/7/17
floofy - 

If you run it back they show it clearly from behind Tony's head and it was a right hand that landed on Cowboy's right eye. So it hit neither the broken nose nor the broken right orbital of Cowboy. Even Cowboy said it had nothing to do with it. You can tell when it lands that yes it did land flush but it wasn't a super powerful shot either.