UnderGround Forums Why does Brian Ortega carry a Mexican flag?

Edited: 11 days ago
11/28/03

might wanna get some brown contact lenses too

11 days ago
2/17/03
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB - 
quality -
Raistlin -

Would Marcus Davis have gotten the same hate? Plenty of fighters are proud of their heritage and want to put it on display. This thread is as dumb as all the ones that used to get made about Cain's Brown Pride tattoo.

Agreed.

You also have The Croatian Sensation and tons of others.  Seems only Hispanic Americans get the big hate for this.

Marcus Davis did get ragged on here about the Irish hand grenade thing and overplaying the Irish angle. 

Not saying that this isn't true, but I have no memory of it going down this way. My memory is that people only started saying this after opposing Cain's Brown Pride tattoo. My memory is that it was an ex-post-facto attempt to be consistent. Again, I could be wrong.

11 days ago
4/29/07

Rocky might have called himself the Italian Stallion, but thats not the Italian flag draped over him or on his trunks.
11 days ago
2/17/03
Kid Salami - 

Rocky might have called himself the Italian Stallion, but thats not the Italian flag draped over him or on his trunks.

Yeah--that's from Rocky IV, though, which was a Cold War propaganda movie.

11 days ago
11/19/05
quality -
Raistlin -

Would Marcus Davis have gotten the same hate? Plenty of fighters are proud of their heritage and want to put it on display. This thread is as dumb as all the ones that used to get made about Cain's Brown Pride tattoo.

Agreed.

You also have The Croatian Sensation and tons of others.  Seems only Hispanic Americans get the big hate for this.

Did either of those guys come out with Irish or Croation flags and no American flags?  Fucking traitor.  Go live there and rep it properly and fuck off out of America. 

11 days ago
11/19/05
dinkledorf -

Here we go again. Same discussion as always.

Just let them carry whichever flag they want who gives a shit about a flag to begin with.

Only stupid fucking Amrecans say this weird shit.  Can't have any pride here.

I'm Irish, don't speak Galiec.  I'll be damned if i ever rep an Irish flag and shit on the place I call home.

11 days ago
7/27/13

Because there's an anti American sentiment in the world today. It's disgusting (I'm not American). 

11 days ago
5/30/10
JOB -
Shugum -
ShanTheMan -
quality -
Raistlin -

Agreed.

Plenty of us thought marcus davis was odd. He used to post here though so people played nice.

He way over did the Irish schitck to a annoying degree.

Marcus' family is actually Irish though. His grandfather is from Waterford I believe and he's been over here a lot. 

Does genetics make you Irish or does growing up in Ireland make you Irish?  Would you be able to talk to Marcus about what it was like in 3rd grade?  Would he be able to discuss the neighborhood he grew up in Ireland.  What about his favorite Irish TV shows?

11 days ago
10/30/14
Kid Salami -

You are right. 

He should have been the American Stalion!

Why does Rocky hate America?!?

Relax. 

11 days ago
10/30/14
Fighting -
dinkledorf -

Here we go again. Same discussion as always.

Just let them carry whichever flag they want who gives a shit about a flag to begin with.

Only stupid fucking Amrecans say this weird shit.  Can't have any pride here.

I'm Irish, don't speak Galiec.  I'll be damned if i ever rep an Irish flag and shit on the place I call home.

Good for you. I guess you are more of an American than Brian. And he is less. So he flies a Mexican flag. 

People need to relax. 

11 days ago
4/11/08
Americans carrying the flag of Ireland and Italy is also fucking stupid.

The actual Irish and Italians fucking hate you. For real.
11 days ago
10/3/12

Nothing makes a person more proud of their third world heritage than being born and raised in a Western democracy.

11 days ago
5/22/17

Scrap sympathizer 

11 days ago
1/1/01
SandBlaster - 

Scrap sympathizer 

Says the keyboard gangster...

11 days ago
6/29/05

His post fight interview demeanor seemed a little more “street” than usual... add in the flag and walk in music,  seems like he’s trying to reinvent himself.  The shaved head helps the look too, but that was for the weight cut

11 days ago
6/29/05
SandBlaster -

Scrap sympathizer 

I wonder if Nate would cut to 145 to throw down with Ortega.  They match up really well, both have excellent boxing and jiu jitsu, and are both tough as nails.  

The North/South chingon levels would be off the chart!

It would be an awesome promo and fight 

11 days ago
8/31/07
Raistlin -

Nailed it.

11 days ago
1/1/01
WillyMaunawili - 
SandBlaster -

Scrap sympathizer 

I wonder if Nate would cut to 145 to throw down with Ortega.  They match up really well, both have excellent boxing and jiu jitsu, and are both tough as nails.  

The North/South chingon levels would be off the chart!

It would be an awesome promo and fight 

Only youngsters and fake gangsters still rep that shit. Gang truce on the level 4 yards these days...

11 days ago
9/17/11
i am solrac9 -

Because Chinga su Madre cabron! 

Wouldn't that be...

Porque Chinga Tu Madre Cabron!?

Edited: 11 days ago
6/3/10

From a personal perspective, it's a refreshing change from all the fake italians I've met with italian flag tattoos & have never stepped foot in the country. 

10 days ago
9/2/10

Confusion.

10 days ago
9/16/09

Some of you can't accept the fact that there is people out there who arent obsessed with this country.

Edited: 10 days ago
10/14/12
10 days ago
5/5/13

10 days ago
8/10/05
triforce - 

Because there's an anti American sentiment in the world today. It's disgusting (I'm not American). 

Threads like this certainly don't help.