UnderGround Forums Why does Tyson get a pass?

12/3/20 10:20 PM
2/5/11

Do people forget he did jail time for rape?

Of all the combat sports athletes to do despicable things and immediately get shunned, why is Tyson different?

Generally curious as I was young when the trial happened, and really only read about it after the fact 

12/3/20 10:25 PM
3/15/06
YonYones - 

Do people forget he did jail time for rape?

Of all the combat sports athletes to do despicable things and immediately get shunned, why is Tyson different?

Generally curious as I was young when the trial happened, and really only read about it after the fact 

Many of us think he was innocent.
12/3/20 10:28 PM
1/1/01

Given that his accuser had earlier falsely accused another man of rape, there is a widespread belief that Tyson was innocent of the charges.

12/3/20 10:39 PM
11/1/19
Kirik -

Given that his accuser had earlier falsely accused another man of rape, there is a widespread belief that Tyson was innocent of the charges.

I like Tyson. But it's well documented that he has a very checkered past. Atlas pulled a gun on him for trying to rape his daughter. 

Edited: 12/3/20 10:49 PM
10/11/05

What difference does it make?  He did his time.  In what universe is that a "pass"?

12/3/20 11:16 PM
9/30/09

That girl was shady as hell.  You should watch some YouTube on that case. 

12/4/20 12:48 AM
1/8/04

What about Kobe, did he get a pass too?

12/4/20 12:49 AM
1/8/04

Also I think the better question would be, how did Tyson lose that trial?

12/4/20 12:51 AM
2/3/10
Siciliano -

Also I think the better question would be, how did Tyson lose that trial?

Because he was innocent and didnt want to pay that girl off 

12/4/20 1:02 AM
1/1/01
KHABIBsandBLASTEDmyBUTThole -
Kirik -

I like Tyson. But it's well documented that he has a very checkered past. Atlas pulled a gun on him for trying to rape his daughter. 

If you’re gonna run your mouth, get the story right. FFS. 

12/4/20 2:41 AM
5/11/08

Innocent or guilty it would be for similar reasons as this hysterical Chris Rock bit about MJ "We loved Michael Jackson so much we let the first kid slide" from 2004 that could never be done in today's PC Woke climate:

"It’s all fucked up, the whole world’s fucked up, man. Michael Jackson lost his mind. What the hell is wrong with Michael? Another kid? I thought it was Groundhog’s Day when I heard that shit. Another kid? Get the fuck out of here. That’s how much we love Michael. We love Michael so much, we let the first kid slide. Hey, man, the man made Billie Jean, leave him alone. Another kid? I’m fucking done. I’m done with Michael! I was a fan my whole life, I am fucking done, I am handing in my glove, OK. I saw Michael on 60 Minutes. Ed Bradley tried his best to make Michael look like a mammal. Or somebody that drank water and breathed air, right? He gave Michael the easiest questions in the world, the easiest GED questions in the world, and Michael could not pass the test. It’s like, “Uh, Michael, “do you think it’s proper for a 45-year-old man “to sleep in a bed with 13-year-old boys?” “Yes!” “OK, let me rephrase that. “Would you let your children sleep in the bed of a 45-year-old man “that’s been accused of child molestation?” “Yes!” Ed Bradley looked at Michael Jackson like he wanted to say, “N **** r, is you crazy?” Like he wanted to take the 60 Minutes clock and push the shit forward, say, “Get the fuck off my show.” “I thought you said it was 60 minutes.” “It’s ten minutes, get outta here. “Ya nutty n **** r, what the fuck is wrong wit’ you?”

- Chris Rock

12/4/20 2:48 AM
10/9/10
MMApurist -

Innocent or guilty it would be for similar reasons as this hysterical Chris Rock bit about MJ "We loved Michael Jackson so much we let the first kid slide" from 2004 that could never be done in today's PC Woke climate:

"It’s all fucked up, the whole world’s fucked up, man. Michael Jackson lost his mind. What the hell is wrong with Michael? Another kid? I thought it was Groundhog’s Day when I heard that shit. Another kid? Get the fuck out of here. That’s how much we love Michael. We love Michael so much, we let the first kid slide. Hey, man, the man made Billie Jean, leave him alone. Another kid? I’m fucking done. I’m done with Michael! I was a fan my whole life, I am fucking done, I am handing in my glove, OK. I saw Michael on 60 Minutes. Ed Bradley tried his best to make Michael look like a mammal. Or somebody that drank water and breathed air, right? He gave Michael the easiest questions in the world, the easiest GED questions in the world, and Michael could not pass the test. It’s like, “Uh, Michael, “do you think it’s proper for a 45-year-old man “to sleep in a bed with 13-year-old boys?” “Yes!” “OK, let me rephrase that. “Would you let your children sleep in the bed of a 45-year-old man “that’s been accused of child molestation?” “Yes!” Ed Bradley looked at Michael Jackson like he wanted to say, “N **** r, is you crazy?” Like he wanted to take the 60 Minutes clock and push the shit forward, say, “Get the fuck off my show.” “I thought you said it was 60 minutes.” “It’s ten minutes, get outta here. “Ya nutty n **** r, what the fuck is wrong wit’ you?”

- Chris Rock

This bit is funny and reminds me of almost exactly the way R Kelly answered questions in his publicized interview. 

12/4/20 3:17 AM
4/11/10

12/4/20 3:32 AM
6/22/03
KHABIBsandBLASTEDmyBUTThole - 
Kirik -

MMA.TV fact checkers dispute the validity of this claim.

12/4/20 3:59 AM
11/1/19
Pesci's Pen -
Kirik -

Sexual assault / attempted rape whatever. I'm saying the guy was a shit human for a long time. I mis remembered a few minor details. I wouldn't say it would be "running your mouth" to talk about it. If a 15-16 year old boy did that to your 11 year old daughter I'm sure you wouldn't say it's "running your mouth" to bring it up. FFS. You guys hang on Tyson's nuts. 

12/4/20 6:31 AM
10/27/03

IMO his and Kobe’s stories are similar.

Neither woman was simply a gold digger after fame and fortune and both had injuries consistent with very rough sex.

Athletes still owe a duty of care to groupies and initial willingness to fuck is not license to hurt your partner.

12/4/20 6:53 AM
7/12/14

Tyson did his time and has spoken out about his sordid past and he seems like he shows real remorse. That is commendable. He didn't get a pass in a lot of ways if you look over his life. He has made many mistakes and it took him a long time to get his life together.

12/4/20 7:53 AM
2/18/20
willis007 - 

Tyson did his time and has spoken out about his sordid past and he seems like he shows real remorse. That is commendable. He didn't get a pass in a lot of ways if you look over his life. He has made many mistakes and it took him a long time to get his life together.

Well-said, man.

Noone knows what really happened back then but the girl, also, had a sketchy past and Tyson did refuse to pay her off cause he adamantly denied it happened.

Regardless, he has addressed his "fucked up" past and does seem remorseful and has served his time.  

Does that mean, he gets a pass?!?!   No, it means many people can relate to having a traumatic or poor past and understand a man can change.

I don't believe there has ever been another allegation of that sort since (but I may be wrong).

12/4/20 12:15 PM
5/22/12
Pesci's Pen -
Kirik -

Sexual assault / attempted rape whatever. I'm saying the guy was a shit human for a long time. I mis remembered a few minor details. I wouldn't say it would be "running your mouth" to talk about it. If a 15-16 year old boy did that to your 11 year old daughter I'm sure you wouldn't say it's "running your mouth" to bring it up. FFS. You guys hang on Tyson's nuts. 

How are you so off on this story?

12/4/20 12:46 PM
6/27/02
Jibbersbitch - 
Pesci's Pen -
Kirik -

How are you so off on this story?

Lol repeatedly too. He'll probably double down on more flawed info after this as well just in case he hasn't thoroughly proven his retardation to everybody.

12/4/20 12:47 PM
7/20/01
In his recent podcast with jim gray, he said he thought he deserved be in prison during that time, as he said he had done several things in his life that were more heinous than the purported rape. And Mike's story has never changed (that it was consensual), fwiw, if anything.

12/4/20 12:49 PM
6/26/06
For eons, homosapien men and women mated the same way animals do. Only in relatively recent times was the concept of rape even invented.
12/4/20 12:59 PM
2/28/14

"I just hate her guts. She put me in that state, where I don't know. I really wish I did now. But now I really do want to rape her."

You don't say something like that if you're guilty. Those are the words of an innocent man lashing out. 

12/4/20 1:00 PM
5/28/02

No chic goes up to the Champs room in the middle of the night to not fuck him. 

12/4/20 1:10 PM
5/28/09
Kirik -

Atlas pulled a gun on a young teenage kid who grabbed his niece's ass. Hardly the same thing. Let's not pretend Atlas was a saint either. He grew up assaulting and robbing people too.