UnderGround Forums Why was DC disliked ?

7/10/19 9:16 PM
2/9/09

Im watching “Worth the Wait” and I totally forgot when Bones got suspended and DC became new champ fans hated him.

why was this? He seems pretty loved now

7/10/19 9:28 PM
8/18/13

Because Jon Jones’ cult following are the pit bull owners of mma fans.

7/10/19 9:28 PM
2/9/09
DrPeterVenkman -

Because Jon Jones’ cult following are the pit bull owners of mma fans.

Ahahahahaha

7/10/19 11:50 PM
1/1/01
most of the times I can see why a MMA fighters gets hate, even if I don't agree with it.

I have never understood why some people don't like DC
7/11/19 12:27 AM
3/18/12

Jones fans for the most part. They just can’t handle the fact that DC has been as successful as he has while doing it PED free, while Jones’ success has come with the use of PEDs. 

DC will always be considered one of the greats while Jones will always be considered great, but also one of, if not MMA biggest cheat.

7/11/19 12:45 AM
6/27/18

The truth? The majority of MMA fans are assholes and lowlifes.

Just go to a regional MMA event and look at the audience.

They are not people interested in martial arts. They are people into ego-driven violence and others getting hurt.

So they relate to Jon Jones. The drug use, the DUIs, the hit and run, the infidelities and unstable home life, the narcissism and hypocrisy and general lack of accountability mixed with self-praising platitudes.

They think: He's a fuck up like me, and he's still the best. Hooray for fucking up.

Then there's DC, an Olympian, a family man, a father figure, a guy immersed in the sporting culture and lifestyle of wrestling. Wearing his emotions on his sleeve, talking about dealing with adversity. BOOO. What a loser.

I still remember the press conference when Jon Jones announced he was five months sober and the crowd cheered. And DC was like, I've been sober my whole life? BOOO.

7/11/19 12:57 AM
8/4/07

Because DC has acted like a whiny little bitch on numerous occasions. Fans only rooted for him because they hated Jones worse.

As I recall I was a fan of DC prior to his first fight with Jones that's when his persona changed a bit in my eyes. 

7/11/19 1:18 AM
2/3/10

Because he's the good guy.

7/11/19 1:35 AM
2/25/15
I believe its a bit because he acted like the undisputed LHW champ and tryed to discredit Jones. But i personally like DC.
7/11/19 1:59 AM
6/23/10

I really think Jon was clean against Smith and definitely against Santos.   Those versions of JBJ would get wrecked by DC.  Maybe not finished, but I think DC would take a 49-46 UD.  

7/11/19 3:47 AM
12/23/02

Not sure he is as loved as you think.

7/11/19 3:51 AM
6/3/11

He just comes across as WANTING to be liked by everyone. Some people take that as a bullshit artist and phony. And he's whined and cried about some things in a childish way. He's alright in my eyes but I can see the other side. 

Edited: 7/11/19 4:49 AM
9/2/10
floofy - I believe its a bit because he acted like the undisputed LHW champ and tryed to discredit Jones. But i personally like DC.

Yet he was proven to be right to discredit Jones. 

Jones = illegitimate, proven cheat. DC = correct.

7/11/19 5:11 AM
1/1/01
I have no idea, seems like a charismatic, funny, impressive guy to me.
7/11/19 6:41 AM
2/9/09
ChimpFL -

Not sure he is as loved as you think.

Everyone on here seems to like him? 

7/11/19 6:57 AM
7/10/09

The idea of a combat sports champion being stripped for how they behave out of competition is/was stupid.  

Add to that situation, DC acting as if he were the undisputed champ.  People called him what he was, a paper champion.

I understand now there are interim champs all over the place and if a guy doesnt defend for 8 months there rises an internet lynch mob to syrip him of whatever title, but things werent always this lame.

7/11/19 7:23 AM
1/15/13

He came across as disingenuous at first so people never really took to him

7/11/19 9:53 AM
1/1/17
I always loved DC. He seemed genuine. He does talk shit, but he does it out of love for the sport. I'd be happy to have my son grow up to be like DC.
7/11/19 10:30 AM
7/18/11

He’s entitled and arrogant. His arrogance is more low key than Jones’s, but it’s there. 

Being reluctant or flat out refusing to defend the title against certain challengers in two very thin divisions doesn’t help either. 

7/11/19 10:36 AM
1/28/19

Because he didn’t know his place and mouthed off. Once he was humbled, knew his place and accepted it, ppl warmed to him and wished him well at Heavyweight.

That’s my take anyway, once he accepted who his daddy was, I warmed to him.

7/11/19 10:52 AM
2/15/06
ChibukuSmokeSmoke - 

Because he didn’t know his place and mouthed off. Once he was humbled, knew his place and accepted it, ppl warmed to him and wished him well at Heavyweight.

That’s my take anyway, once he accepted who his daddy was, I warmed to him.

7/11/19 11:17 AM
2/24/07
Sinead O Connors Nipples - 
floofy - I believe its a bit because he acted like the undisputed LHW champ and tryed to discredit Jones. But i personally like DC.

Ummm DC is a proven cheat. We all saw it with our own eyes.

When his opponent suffered in the sauna, draining himself more prior to the weigh in, the most entitled fighter in the UFC decided to cheat and be able to rehydrate and recover sooner, giving himself an advantage.

Plus he’s a baby. Threatening to spit in people’s faces and throwing shoes in a tantrum smh
Edited: 7/11/19 11:23 AM
8/18/13
FrontBroRian -

When his opponent suffered in the sauna, draining himself more prior to the weigh in, the most entitled fighter in the UFC decided to cheat and be able to rehydrate and recover sooner, giving himself an advantage.

Plus he’s a baby. Threatening to spit in people’s faces and throwing shoes in a tantrum smh

LOL nice try. Jones is a psychopathic piece of shit who is incapable of being a good person for once in his life. DC is a legitimate good person and hard worker. As I said, Jones fans are the pitbull owners of MMA fans.

7/11/19 11:25 AM
2/24/07
DrPeterVenkman - 
FrontBroRian -

LOL nice try. Jones is a psychopathic piece of shit who is incapable of being a good person for once in his life. DC is a legitimate good person and hard worker. As I said, Jones fans are the pitbull owners of MMA fans.

What does Jones have to do with anything I posted?

Try to take your womanly emotions out of it. Focus on my post if you want to address it
7/11/19 11:26 AM
3/7/05
I have always liked DC.