UnderGround Forums Wilder vs. Breazeale

Edited: 5/18/19 11:58 PM
7/15/04
MM8 -

This clown fights in the worst heavyweight division of all time. Joshua is no better than Frank Bruno was. Fury is garbage. Wilder is a one trick pony who would never sniff being a champion vs Bowe, Lewis or Holyfield.

First off, that has nothing to do with anything. Should we scream about every current and future champion if we don't think they were top 5 all time? Lol you moron.

Second, Fury beat Klitschko he sure isn't garbage. Klitschko beats some of the best guys from the past you can bet on it. Not to mention he is an all-time great.

Also, I guarantee you many previous HW champions would have real problems fighting the current crop of giants at HW. Joshua, Fury, and Wilder are very tall dudes with long reaches.

And Wilder has the potential to knock out anyone in history if he lands that right hand flush. I'm not saying he is the GOAT, but some of the previous undersized HW champs would have real problems with these super size modern day HW's.

5/19/19 12:03 AM
11/9/18
TexDeuce -
MM8 -

This clown fights in the worst heavyweight division of all time. Joshua is no better than Frank Bruno was. Fury is garbage. Wilder is a one trick pony who would never sniff being a champion vs Bowe, Lewis or Holyfield.

First off, that has nothing to do with anything. Should we scream about every current and future champion if we don't think they were top 5 all time? Lol you moron.

Second, Fury beat Klitschko he sure isn't garbage. Klitschko beats some of the best guys from the past you can bet on it. Not to mention he is an all-time great.

Also, I guarantee you many previous HW champions would have real problems fighting the current crop of giants at HW. Joshua, Fury, and Wilder are very tall dudes with long reaches.

And Wilder has the potential to knock out anyone in history if he lands that right hand flush. I'm not saying he is the GOAT, but some of the previous undersized HW champs would have real problems with these super size modern day HW's.

Fury beat Klitschko in a hugging match. Fury got scraped by a light heavyweight. Folded up like a lawn chair.

Your boxing math means nothing.

So which is it? You guarantee that many previous HW champs would have real problems or some of the previous undersized HW champs would have real problems?

After you figure out what it is that your saying, then tell me which of the previous HW champions would have issues with these guys?

I don't think you truly understand the levels of this sport.

5/19/19 12:15 AM
7/15/04

Your reading comprehension sucks. Based on your posts in other threads I understand you are a truly unhappy negative fuck that just wants to argue. I already engaged your dumbass enough I'll let you waste someone elses time.

5/19/19 12:18 AM
1/1/01
MM8 -

THIS! 

5/19/19 12:21 AM
12/23/02

Would that punch have knocked out anybody in the world? I wouldnt bet against it. That sounded like a gun shot when he connected when I was watching live.

5/19/19 1:15 AM
3/20/12
ChimpFL - 

Would that punch have knocked out anybody in the world? I wouldnt bet against it. That sounded like a gun shot when he connected when I was watching live.

yes

that shot drops everyone

KOs 99.999

a few samoans could get back up

5/19/19 1:31 AM
10/14/02
TexDeuce - 
MM8 -

they would but they were also great at getting inside and if you go back far enough to dempsey etc
they also knew how to wrestle, and were dirty as fuck
5/19/19 1:53 AM
10/24/10
TexDeuce -

Your reading comprehension sucks. Based on your posts in other threads I understand you are a truly unhappy negative fuck that just wants to argue. I already engaged your dumbass enough I'll let you waste someone elses time.

You're arguing with a retard, buddy. Let retards, retard.

5/19/19 2:28 AM
11/20/10
MM8 -

1) This division isnt anywhere near as good as the 90s, but its really not all that bad, especially compared to earlier in the decade.

2) AJ is better than Bruno at pretty much everything, and I loved Bruno.

3) Fury would consistently be top 10 in the 90s, if not top 5. The man is an absolute anomaly in terms of his mix of attributes.

4) Wilder IS a one trick pony, but having arguably the best right hand in HW boxing history is a pretty nice trick. No shit he'd lose to Lennox, Holyfield and Bowe though, 99% of HWs in history would.

5/19/19 3:28 AM
7/19/13
TexDeuce -

Wilder fights are must watch TV. He has knocked out everyone he has ever fought except Fury. And Fury was resurrected by the Lord to somehow survive the last round. 

Brazeale is an Olympian, knocked out almost everyone he has fought and his only loss was to Anthony Joshua. He isn't a pushover.

Lmao.. I love this post!

5/19/19 5:39 AM
8/18/13

Still think Wilder flatlines AJ. Joshua’s defence isn’t good, he gets hit a lot, Klitch sat him down, both Povetkin & Whyte had him reeling. You don’t get to recover if you get hit by Wilder with that right 

Edited: 5/19/19 5:50 AM
3/4/18
MM8 -

It probably is the weakest heavyweight division of all time but Fury is far from garbage.

Fury got robbed in that Wilder fight. He definitely beat him. There's no question about it. That late knock down doesn't erase the rest of the fight before that. 

5/19/19 6:36 AM
7/21/18
Rambo John J -
ChimpFL - 

yes

that shot drops everyone

KOs 99.999

a few samoans could get back up

And fury

5/19/19 6:38 AM
7/21/18
Dreville79 -

Still think Wilder flatlines AJ. Joshua’s defence isn’t good, he gets hit a lot, Klitch sat him down, both Povetkin & Whyte had him reeling. You don’t get to recover if you get hit by Wilder with that right 

This. He has a very suspect chin 

5/19/19 7:35 AM
1/12/05

That KO punch was ridiculous. Breazeale had that terrified look that Tyson opponents used to have. Dominic connected with a hard shot on WIlder and Deontay took it well and reset himself. We knew the power and finishing ability was there, but we weren't sure what happens when he gets tagged by a guy with big power. He passed that test. 

This is a historically bad era for HW boxing, but the top 3 guys are compelling matchups for each other. 

Wilder in the post fight interview didn't seem very confident that Fury or Joshua fights were happening soon, and frankly, he didn't seem like he wanted them. He had the mic and didn't put the cal on. 

5/19/19 8:10 AM
8/19/13
Bobby Lupo -

That KO punch was ridiculous. Breazeale had that terrified look that Tyson opponents used to have. Dominic connected with a hard shot on WIlder and Deontay took it well and reset himself. We knew the power and finishing ability was there, but we weren't sure what happens when he gets tagged by a guy with big power. He passed that test. 

This is a historically bad era for HW boxing, but the top 3 guys are compelling matchups for each other. 

Wilder in the post fight interview didn't seem very confident that Fury or Joshua fights were happening soon, and frankly, he didn't seem like he wanted them. He had the mic and didn't put the cal on. 

Did you not see the Ortiz fight? I thought you were a big boxing guy.

5/19/19 8:58 AM
8/18/13
IronWill -
Bobby Lupo -

Yeah Wilder proved everything he needed to about heart and taking a punch against Ortiz

5/19/19 7:17 PM
5/11/06
Bobby Lupo -

Wilder got offered 100 million to fight Joshua and he turned it down.

Wilder avoided Klitschko like the plague also.

5/19/19 7:35 PM
1/12/05
Dreville79 - 
IronWill -
Bobby Lupo -

Yeah Wilder proved everything he needed to about heart and taking a punch against Ortiz

I saw that fight live. I must be getting senile. Deontay has nothing to prove when it comes to heart and chin. Also, Fury was boxing him up and he didn't quit, he's one of the few fighters who has ever needed a KO because he was way behind in a title fight and actually went after it in the championship rounds. 

5/19/19 8:15 PM
12/23/02
EckY -
Bobby Lupo -

Wilder got offered 100 million to fight Joshua and he turned it down.

Wilder avoided Klitschko like the plague also.

You are wrong. It was 20 mil vs Braz then 40 mill for first Joshua fight and 40 mill for second.

5/19/19 8:19 PM
7/2/07

One of my old coaches helped get Wilder ready before the Olympics.

Do I need to tell this story/comments again ?
5/19/19 8:50 PM
7/16/15

Breazeale sucks. I don’t know how he got this fight honestly other than it just being a nice one for the highlight reel for Wilder.

5/19/19 9:20 PM
5/22/17
williepep -
One of my old coaches helped get Wilder ready before the Olympics.

Do I need to tell this story/comments again ?

I haven't read whatever thread you are referring to,  so please do

5/19/19 11:38 PM
8/19/13

Let's hear it willie. There's plenty of stories out there and footage too of wilder not doing so good in sparring back in the day.

5/20/19 3:20 AM
11/20/10
Bearhugger -

Breazeale sucks. I don’t know how he got this fight honestly other than it just being a nice one for the highlight reel for Wilder.

Pretty much, and him being an ex-AJ opponent that Wilders team thought they could take out faster than AJ. Pretty good marketing move right before Joshuas US debut and after the heat thats been on Wilder over whole DAZN contract stuff tbf. .