UnderGround Forums Wilder vs. Breazeale

5/20/19 3:21 AM
8/18/13
IronWill -

Let's hear it willie. There's plenty of stories out there and footage too of wilder not doing so good in sparring back in the day.

I have no doubts his sparring isn’t a technical masterclass. Deontay isn’t a very good boxer. With his speed and right hand from Hades though, he doesn’t need to be to be able to beat any HW in history if he lands clean 

5/20/19 3:46 AM
4/21/09
Liner81 -
williepep -
One of my old coaches helped get Wilder ready before the Olympics.

Do I need to tell this story/comments again ?

I haven't read whatever thread you are referring to,  so please do

Please please please

5/20/19 8:45 AM
1/1/01
hes got what 40 knockouts in 41 wins Im impressed
5/20/19 9:18 AM
8/7/06
williepep - 

Yes you do :D
Edited: 5/20/19 9:35 AM
6/8/10

It's amazing some of the stuff he gets away  with. That little crow hop could be seen be a mile a way yet there's nothing he could do about it. 

5/20/19 2:18 PM
5/11/06
ChimpFL -
EckY -
Bobby Lupo -

That KO punch was ridiculous. Breazeale had that terrified look that Tyson opponents used to have. Dominic connected with a hard shot on WIlder and Deontay took it well and reset himself. We knew the power and finishing ability was there, but we weren't sure what happens when he gets tagged by a guy with big power. He passed that test. 

This is a historically bad era for HW boxing, but the top 3 guys are compelling matchups for each other. 

Wilder in the post fight interview didn't seem very confident that Fury or Joshua fights were happening soon, and frankly, he didn't seem like he wanted them. He had the mic and didn't put the cal on. 

Wilder got offered 100 million to fight Joshua and he turned it down.

Wilder avoided Klitschko like the plague also.

You are wrong. It was 20 mil vs Braz then 40 mill for first Joshua fight and 40 mill for second.

Yea it was still a 100 million offer with two guaranteed AJ fights.

He turned it down to fight Breazeale for a lot less than 20 million.

He also avoided Klitschko like the plague and was content to fight bums for years.

5/20/19 2:40 PM
3/12/17
williepep -

One of my good friends fought Deontay twice in trials. Wilder still says it's the hardest two fights he's ever had.  

5/20/19 3:36 PM
1/12/05
EckY - 
ChimpFL -
EckY -
Bobby Lupo -

That KO punch was ridiculous. Breazeale had that terrified look that Tyson opponents used to have. Dominic connected with a hard shot on WIlder and Deontay took it well and reset himself. We knew the power and finishing ability was there, but we weren't sure what happens when he gets tagged by a guy with big power. He passed that test. 

This is a historically bad era for HW boxing, but the top 3 guys are compelling matchups for each other. 

Wilder in the post fight interview didn't seem very confident that Fury or Joshua fights were happening soon, and frankly, he didn't seem like he wanted them. He had the mic and didn't put the cal on. 

Wilder got offered 100 million to fight Joshua and he turned it down.

Wilder avoided Klitschko like the plague also.

You are wrong. It was 20 mil vs Braz then 40 mill for first Joshua fight and 40 mill for second.

Yea it was still a 100 million offer with two guaranteed AJ fights.

He turned it down to fight Breazeale for a lot less than 20 million.

He also avoided Klitschko like the plague and was content to fight bums for years.

He avoided Tyson Fury for like 7 years and waited until Fury became a 400 pound crackhead to entertain the notion of fighting him, and he lost 9 rounds to 3 against him.