UnderGround Forums Wilder vs. Fury ppv numbers

9 days ago
9/7/04

9 days ago
9/7/04

9 days ago
9/7/04

320,000 buys would not include digital sales or the purchases on BT Sport Box Office in the United Kingdom, so it’s specifically Showtime PPVs ordered through traditional cable and satellite providers.

9 days ago
1/1/01

Pretty solid number. Rematch will do higher to I would think. Not a lot higher, but a bit.

9 days ago
8/6/08
boxing dead bro...2 undefeated, exciting hw boxers and all they get is 300K?
8 days ago
9/27/15
gokudamus - boxing dead bro...2 undefeated, exciting hw boxers and all they get is 300K?

Pretty much this..I'm shocked that this fight didn't do over 500k numbers
8 days ago
10/24/03

I admit, I expected a higher number. 

8 days ago
9/10/10

lol terrible terrible numbers

ufc does this with old man boring no flashy cormier

8 days ago
9/22/11

Fury gave his 8 mil to charity....he needs a better shrink.

8 days ago
8/5/08
I'm not surprised about this to be honest - neither fighter has a history of either PPV sales or selling out venues.

I'm pretty sure this was the first time either has headlined a PPV in the states & I think Fury's only previous ppv fight in the UK was his bout with Klitschko.
8 days ago
3/6/17
kyleburkle -

This

8 days ago
1/7/13

AJ gets over a million in the UK but he’s not the man apparently...

8 days ago
9/13/11

Good pay day for the headlining fighters off those numbers. 

8 days ago
11/20/10

I'm guessing a fuck ton of people watched it through other means. Theres a huge disconnect between the amount of interest the fight has gotten and the actual PPV numbers.

8 days ago
11/20/10
Rhys91 -

To be fair 300k buys at $75 generates the kind of revenue around 900k buys does at £20. I think the UK buys will be well over 200k too. 

8 days ago
5/4/15

Ppv is a dying model as streaming continues to become easier.

8 days ago
5/11/06
Teenage Mutant Lesnar Turtle - 
Rhys91 -

To be fair 300k buys at $75 generates the kind of revenue around 900k buys does at £20. I think the UK buys will be well over 200k too. 

US has 5 times as many people as the UK though.

These are good numbers for HW boxing in the US though, best HW PPV in the us in 15 years.
8 days ago
7/7/12
kyleburkle -

Cormier talks a lot of shit and had one of the most intense & public fueds ever with Jones. He isn't the average. Stipe is the average.

Very very good number for PBC/Showtime. I expect the rematch will do about twice as well.

8 days ago
1/21/18
ons ear -
gokudamus - boxing dead bro...2 undefeated, exciting hw boxers and all they get is 300K?

Pretty much this..I'm shocked that this fight didn't do over 500k numbers

ya i was expecting 500k to be disappointing. To be honest I thought a high profile boxing match between two big name undefeated heavyweights would do at least comparable numbers to a conor fight, but not even close. Those are DC Jones 2 numbers.

8 days ago
1/21/18
cuttooth -
kyleburkle -

Cormier talks a lot of shit and had one of the most intense & public fueds ever with Jones. He isn't the average. Stipe is the average.

Very very good number for PBC/Showtime. I expect the rematch will do about twice as well.

same numbers he did for jones vs dc as well.

8 days ago
3/12/15

Higher than I expected. Rematch will do over 2 million

8 days ago
1/26/08
The Lion King -

Higher than I expected. Rematch will do over 2 million

LMFAO if you think it jumps from 300k to 2 milllion, wtf you smoking man?
Shit will be EXTREMELY LUCKY and need a miracle to break 1 million after that shit show with the judging. Boxing is corrupt, it's like watching WWE with pre determined winners if fight goes to a decision. 

8 days ago
2/14/11

ROFL!! 

Next one will be in the UK and do over 1.5 Million. 

8 days ago
6/17/16

I know MMA and boxing don't have a ton of crossover and there was a lot on anticipation for this fight but it happened on a weekend where Bellator and the UFC both had back to back events. It was very easy to get more than your share of combat sports TV for much less than $75.

I watched the UFC events and figured I could catch up on the other fights later. I'm more invested in following the UFC (and by extension MMA) and staying abreast of the developments from the fights there because MMA is the sport I keep track of and have been following for some time. I gave up on boxing a long time ago so while I like to watch a good boxing match, if I know it was good, I don't follow the sport intensely and don't feel like I miss anything if I don't see it live. Maybe if I bet on a fight I would feel differently but I don't see myself ever betting on boxing anyway because it is so corrupt and also generally speaking not as much mystery about who is favored to win.

TL;DR version:

Fuck boxing, I watched back to back UFC events, I can watch boxing as a re-run and not feel like I missed anything. I have no real burning desire to watch boxing live. I may tune in for the Fury/ Wilder re-match but if there is a decent MMA event on the same day again I probably won't.

Also fuck PPV the less people that support it the quicker it goes the way of the dodo bird. Let these dickheads find more conventional means of generating revenue I'm tired of having my pockets picked for 2 hours of fights.

8 days ago
1/21/14
Target_the_Gash -

I know MMA and boxing don't have a ton of crossover and there was a lot on anticipation for this fight but it happened on a weekend where Bellator and the UFC both had back to back events. It was very easy to get more than your share of combat sports TV for much less than $75.

I watched the UFC events and figured I could catch up on the other fights later. I'm more invested in following the UFC (and by extension MMA) and staying abreast of the developments from the fights there because MMA is the sport I keep track of and have been following for some time. I gave up on boxing a long time ago so while I like to watch a good boxing match, if I know it was good, I don't follow the sport intensely and don't feel like I miss anything if I don't see it live. Maybe if I bet on a fight I would feel differently but I don't see myself ever betting on boxing anyway because it is so corrupt and also generally speaking not as much mystery about who is favored to win.

TL;DR version:

Fuck boxing, I watched back to back UFC events, I can watch boxing as a re-run and not feel like I missed anything. I have no real burning desire to watch boxing live. I may tune in for the Fury/ Wilder re-match but if there is a decent MMA event on the same day again I probably won't.

Also fuck PPV the less people that support it the quicker it goes the way of the dodo bird. Let these dickheads find more conventional means of generating revenue I'm tired of having my pockets picked for 2 hours of fights.

Could not have said it any better...

Not stop stealing my fucking thoughts asshole!