UnderGround Forums Will BKFC sustain?

6/23/19 9:14 PM
7/7/10

I want to see a heavy weight bare knuckle fight 

6/23/19 9:40 PM
8/19/03

It's already been mentioned here, but their financial backers' appetite for losing money and vision to move past being a niche product are determinants,  as well as their ability to get and to stay licensed by commissions. 

I don't personally think the chances are great, but hopefully I'm wrong.  It's not really the first thing I would prefer to watch, but if the guys choose to do it and they are compensated fairly, I am all about it.

6/23/19 10:16 PM
6/14/19

I've enjoyed watching it. I suspect as long as they don't go overboard with financial commitments they can probably carve out a nice stable niche in the combat sports market.

6/24/19 11:01 AM
3/17/14

Conor will sign and him and Artem will ride off as kings 

6/24/19 11:37 AM
6/28/10
Otlwgt - I was more hyped for Artem vs Paulie then I have been over a fight in years except maybe Wilder vs Fury...

I'd rather see guys I know like Leben and Riggs then a bunch of no names that flood the UFC nowadays... Regardless if they are considered washed up or not, they were guys I grew up watching.. Not Yair Rodeiguex or Renato Moviano...

I only knew 1 fighter on the last UFC and that was Korean Zombie...

Bare Knuckle is putting on some great fights IMO... I hope they get more fighters from boxing and MMA...

Me too and the fight was a major letdown.

6/24/19 11:37 AM
6/28/10
Otlwgt -
The Last Emperor - 
Otlwgt - I was more hyped for Artem vs Paulie then I have been over a fight in years except maybe Wilder vs Fury...

I'd rather see guys I know like Leben and Riggs then a bunch of no names that flood the UFC nowadays... Regardless if they are considered washed up or not, they were guys I grew up watching.. Not Yair Rodeiguex or Renato Moviano...

Bare Knuckle is putting on some great fights IMO... I hope they get more fighters from boxing and MMA...

More hyped for an Artem fight than others in years? Lolwut?

Moicano and Yair both have more fights in the UFC than Artem, and Yair also has a devastating highlight reel KO over The Korean Zombie. Settle down sir.

That doesn't mean I give a fuck.. I dont give a shit about 98% of the fighters in the UFC..

I even stated I'd prefer to see guys like Riggs and Leben over these new cookie cutter fighters even if they are washed up..

Artem won me over as a fan during the build up of this fight and his interview regarding TJ Dillashaw...

More people will remember Artem over the no names that fill UFC's roster guaranteed...

The hype to this bare knuckle fight was huge.. It drew everyone in from boxing and MMA...

Artem Lobov is a star...

"Artem Lobov is a star..."

And he officially went full retard.

6/24/19 12:37 PM
2/1/08
The Last Emperor -

More hyped for an Artem fight than others in years? Lolwut?

Moicano and Yair both have more fights in the UFC than Artem, and Yair also has a devastating highlight reel KO over The Korean Zombie. Settle down sir.

Totally agree with this.

It's a fun sideshow, and I LOVE that they have guys who are known names to a fan like me, but c'mon.

Is a barenkuckle fight between an MMA washout and a retired boxer seriously the most intriguing matchup in YEARS?

Both boxing and MMA have had TONS of better fights in 2019 alone.

6/24/19 12:45 PM
1/1/01
Rough 'n Rowdy for life!
6/24/19 12:50 PM
12/15/00

I'd like to see it added to DAZN as an included event,  I haven't signed up for DAZN because I can't quite justify it for Bellator (and because the name DAZN is the stupidest thing I have ever heard) but would if they added this. 

Bring back Rio Heroes too while you are at it and throw it on there. 

6/24/19 12:54 PM
1/1/01
Yeah, DAZN should pick them up. Boxing, Bellator and BKF.
6/24/19 8:52 PM
9/27/15
Stea1th - 

pretty much this

the build up was amazing compared to anything UFC has done recently...

personallly i hope the sports sticks around and grows cause the current way UFC is going it sucks 

Yeah but I doubt bare knuckle will be able to get many more fights remotely close to the hype of Artem/Paulie though..I mean, which big fight will they put up next? Bedford vs Artem? Meh

Leben looked really bad and is on his way out..Riggs looked just ok vs a no name...the HVWT fights are very bad though, Beltran punched like a sloppy bar brawler..

I don't see too many guys signing up to fight bare knuckle when they realize they will be breaking their hand every fight and getting all cut up
6/24/19 8:58 PM
9/27/15
Gullivers Travels - 
CRE - Too much overhead. It has the novelty of a niche within a niche and can make it off of that initial push for awhile. Survives as long as the people financing it want to lose money or break even at best for. Once the writing is on the wall they'll have to close up shop like every mom and pop promotion that gets into combat sports overly ambitious. Who knows though, maybe they have billionaire backing.

this is sort of my thought as well.

To FatBuddha's point, the president doesn't seem to be the most savvy person (it's probably more him not being polished yet) and I get the feeling it's grown a bit faster than expected. This sounds like I'm dogging them but I do hope they survive. But "I don't know" isn't a great answer in this scenario when they should have a bigger vision. Even a "hey if you're a name and your contract is up, we'll make it worth your while" kind of answer would be better. 

A legit street fighter like Kimbo would be the perfect kind of personality to help their momentum continue.

Tthe president should already have a handful of big name fights he's thinking of putting on!! Him saying he's up for answers from fans really doesn't sound well on his end..

Realistically though, who are their stars? Kimbo is long gone but maybe that Gunn guy who is undefeated? Still though, does anyone know who he is? Are people tuning into see Leben and Argos? I doubt it..
6/24/19 10:32 PM
8/20/03

If I was them I would flood the market with their events after they happen.

Give free access to Youtube or something.

Get fighters known and events out there in people's minds.

You're not going to make much after the event on their fight catalogue unless it gets on fightpass or something.

Might as well shotgun blast the public with the event after you made your money on the PPV and tickets.

Or sell DVDs at events for like 5 bucks of the previous event etc etc.

6/24/19 11:33 PM
10/26/05

Probably not but I hope so. Sometimes it's nice to see a good old fashioned 'just bleed' brawl. 

6/25/19 4:42 AM
6/25/02

Hope so

6/25/19 5:09 AM
1/16/12

Paulie vs Artem was a grudge match so they need to not focus on records or anything like that.

They need to focus on what Pride capitalized on & the UFC secretly passed on but put together. 

They need freakshow fights. Fights between 2 guys who have something to prove. Get actors with fighting background like maybe Michael Jai White, former football players, giants, mismatched etc.

They need to not follow UFCs brand over everything. UFC trying to become a sport like The NBA & NFL. They need to keep focusing on the bare knuckle dirty realistic street aspect of it

6/27/19 3:38 AM
1/16/12
God Of Thunder -
Otlwgt - Bare Knuckle signed Crazy Horse

Charles Bennett

I see him quitting during the fight 

I havnt seen him fight in a while does he quit when it comes to striking matches as well? Or does he quit when it comes down to grappling. ? Mainly the takedowns