UnderGround Forums Will Jon Jones ever lose?

3/14/19 4:50 AM
2/27/14

Love him or hate him, he's without a doubt in the top one or two fighters ever to be as dominate as he has been.
Pico's aside, everyone hes ever fought has more then likely been on something, this sport is way too hard on the human body for it to naturally be able to keep up with the demand it takes.

All that aside, jon jones is one of, if not the most intelligent fighter to ever do it.

He's said before that come fight time, he's studied his opponents so well, he knows them better then they know themselves.
I see no reason to think that statement isn't true.

So point being, how likely do you think it is that jones is able to eventually finish up his career undefeated?
Weather it's at LHW, HW, or both?
People talk about pico's, and physical advantages.... whatever.

I personally think he has the skill set, fight IQ, and overall fighter mentality to get to a position of retiring undefeated.

Thoughts? 

3/14/19 4:56 AM
5/27/08

If he keeps fighting ofcourse he will. But imo its going to be another 25 years before someone can match his greatness

3/14/19 4:59 AM
9/5/12

Eventually. I don’t see it happening anytime soon though

3/14/19 6:06 AM
6/15/10

IMO he lost the first fight to Gus and is a steroid user.

3/14/19 6:20 AM
8/31/14

Next tim he fights in the WFA he will lose.

3/14/19 6:20 AM
11/20/12

Hes already lost fans for being an eye poking juicer.

3/14/19 7:19 AM
10/11/18

He's the type that if he knows he's losing he will do an illegal move and lose by DQ.  Idk, he may be a great fighter but IMO he has no honor.  Nobody respects him as a person obv, but I have a hard time respecting a martial artist with poor budo.

3/14/19 7:52 AM
3/12/07

He's already lost by DQ, sooo......yeah.

3/14/19 8:39 AM
1/14/12

Possibly if he really doesn't go to heavy weight and fights these younger guys like Walker there is certainly a chance he could get caught by one of them.

3/14/19 8:48 AM
6/27/05

All of the time off and his lack of intelligence will see him fighting in his 40’s...

3/14/19 8:51 AM
9/24/18
He'll slip up eventually and get caught. USADA by TKO.
3/14/19 8:57 AM
12/6/11

The only guy I could potentially see beating him is Johnny Walker.  Dude is about the same height/length and has explosive striking.

Other than that, Jones will not be beaten.  He has a great fight IQ and is very talented.  But of course he has cheated and has put in his system substances that help him get stronger, heal faster, etc.  I dont think that is fair against opponents that are actually clean (or at least clean until proven guilty).  Jones is the only fighter who could clearly have picograms of PEDs and still be cleared to fight; not to mention giving it an excuse that it could be in his system for many years. 

3/14/19 9:22 AM
2/24/11

Everyone lose in MMA unless they retire early.

Edited: 3/14/19 9:22 AM
7/19/13

Jones erased his legacy when he tainted his entire career with steroids. He’s a cheater allowed to cheat. Pico can never be the best unless ths playing field is made even. His opponents should be allowed to roid for fights against him. He’s clearly got the roid advantage in every matchup.. he’s fighting for money. Only money at this point.. there is no hope of a positive legacy with all he’s done..

3/14/19 9:29 AM
1/9/11

Jon might never lose but since he's incapable of passing a ped test, people are losing interest.

3/14/19 11:33 AM
10/1/11

Of course he will but not before he gives Shogun a rematch!

3/14/19 12:22 PM
12/30/03

There are so many athletes that get to the top level and don't make it in the NFL because they have a couple of technical hiccups. As the sports money goes up, more and more of these guys will be showing up and that will be when a guy like Jones will lose. 

I don't mean random nfl busts with no training would beat him. But I think more and more kids will be getting into mma who also have futures in the big 3 of sports and when those doors close they will likely go into fighting. 

3/14/19 12:44 PM
11/14/16
KnockoutThoughts -

Jones erased his legacy when he tainted his entire career with steroids. He’s a cheater allowed to cheat. Pico can never be the best unless ths playing field is made even. His opponents should be allowed to roid for fights against him. He’s clearly got the roid advantage in every matchup.. he’s fighting for money. Only money at this point.. there is no hope of a positive legacy with all he’s done..

I wonder since you know everything why you waste your time here. If I were you I would be buying lottery tickets

3/14/19 12:44 PM
3/17/14

Reyes and Walker might have a chance. will see this weekend how Reyes does against a top guy. 

3/14/19 1:40 PM
11/28/03

they all do, wether fluke, or they finally get too old, it always happens

3/14/19 3:47 PM
12/7/18

"Love him or hate him, he's without a doubt in the top one or two fighters ever to be as dominate as he has been.""

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I stopped reading there. You have NO idea what you're talking about. you Need to watch more MMA Ari newb. And yes, Jones absolutely will lose. Reyes will smash Jones worse then Jones did Shogun. Jones will go on a decline after that and lose several more times. Jones will end up no better then Anderson/Fedor in terms of losses. The Jones fanboys who would talk shit about other legends losing, will end up looking stupid in the end. Everyone losses

3/14/19 3:52 PM
12/7/18
knappster -

Reyes and Walker might have a chance. will see this weekend how Reyes does against a top guy. 

Lol at "might" have a chance. Goodness, the Jones hype on internet forums is out of control now, just because he beat a broken shell of himself Gus, and an Anthony Smith who didnt even come to fight. Look at it objectively. What is Jones known for? Now look at the qualities Walker and Reyes possess. They match up with Jones. Jones will have his hands full with Walker, and Reyes is his kryptonite. Reyes can do everything Jones does (if not better) while having the boxing and power that Jones doesn't have. Volkan is not any more of a top guy then OSP is. Reyes completely fucked Osp up. That fight should've been a KO. That ref robbed Reyes. Doesnt matter if it's only 5 seconds left, if an opponent goes out, it's a KO, period 

3/14/19 3:57 PM
3/20/12

Picograms really reduce the chance of him having a bad night

Edited: 3/14/19 4:31 PM
12/7/18
WrestlingSucks -

There are so many athletes that get to the top level and don't make it in the NFL because they have a couple of technical hiccups. As the sports money goes up, more and more of these guys will be showing up and that will be when a guy like Jones will lose. 

I don't mean random nfl busts with no training would beat him. But I think more and more kids will be getting into mma who also have futures in the big 3 of sports and when those doors close they will likely go into fighting. 

Parody post? Trolling? Greg Hardy was less "atheltic" then his first real MMA opponent, and looked like shit. When will people realise that MMA is a combat sport that requires a completely unique and different set of attributes. MMA fighters are already the best athletes. What even defines athleticism? Because I sure as hell don't Define it by being able to put a ball in a hoop, or by being able to run fast for 10 seconds at a time, and or catch a ball and run it into the opposite field. The range perception, timing, cardio, power, chin, intelligence, composure, balance, that an elite fighter has, now thats elite level athleticism.

Conor McGregor making a split second read like this

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Within a matter of nano seconds to be able to judge range that perfectly, and then hitting the counter while so composed with such perfect precision, everything within a split second, from making the read to reacting to executing the counter on the drop of a dime in a live setting against another elite fighter fighting back, again all in a matter of nano seconds, IS THE most impressive athletic feat you will ever see in this world. Nothing another "athlete" does compares. 

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

(same can be said for Floyd when Floyd rolls and counters or pull counters).

I know, all the talent, depth, and skill is at the lower weight classes. And the Fact is, LHW and HW are garbage and always will be garbage. The "Talent pools" are tiny. Not that many big men in the world, let alone "talented" big men. But maybe if MMA had an actual global talent pool to draw from around the world, within regards to the bigger men, it would help the heavy weight classes. A Tyson Fury or Klitchko in MMA would wreck shop. The average height of some EU (European) countries is 6 feet 4. MMA needs that superior, heavier weight, talent pool, for the heavy weight classes. The reason why the heavy weight class "talent pools" are so shallow, and extra shit in MMA, is because it relies on blacks and americans (LHW). When it comes to the heavier weight classes, introduce the real superior talent from around the world like a Tyson Fury, and Jones never cracks the top 5, watch how exciting things would get then

3/14/19 4:20 PM
3/11/19

Steroids and eye pokes don’t give Jon a competitive advantage. And to answer your question, as long as he’s got his pinch of salt, it will be a long time before there is a Formidable challenger. He will likely retire before he’s over the hill. So, no, he will never lose.