UnderGround Forums Woodley unhappy with GSP

5/16/18 8:15 AM
5/14/18

"Woodley unhappy with _________"

Easy template to save a few seconds for all future updates pertaining to Tyrone.

5/16/18 10:19 AM
1/3/08

Hands down the biggest winger in MMA history, he can pick which contender deserves to fight him, yet GSP is the biggest bitch for not fighting him when it’s clear he’s back for entertaining money fights rather than to stay on top of a division 

5/16/18 10:38 AM
1/14/12

Must drive Woodley nuts that he is the champ but guys like Nick and Nate are considered money fights for GSP and McGregor but not him.

He has more chance of getting a super fight with Bobby Knuckles than GSP.

5/16/18 10:55 AM
2/24/07
SinCityHustler - I have to side with GSP on this one. Like with Askren, he's not likely to beat Woodley either. He just does not have the same explosiveness and speed/endurance he had pre USADA. We all saw him vs Hendricks (under similar testing to USADA) and against Bisping, he just is not that super athlete we saw so many times in the cage prior. So what do you do if you're GSP? You very carefully pick your opponents and you don't pick opponents who are likely to beat you.

If I'm advising GSP, the 4 opponents he never faces are Askren, Woodley, Romero, Whittaker. At a time GSP was one of the best and that was the time to "take on all comers". Today's version of GSP isn't close to that. You continue to cherry pick what's best for you. That's what he should be doing.

This...I don’t blame GSP for avoiding Woodley. He knows he can’t win and at this point in his career, he has nothing left to prove and may as well make the most money possible. He carefully picked Bisping, of course dropped the belt right away to avoid any other MW, and will always avoid Woodley.

He doesn’t need to get his head caved in at this point in his career.
5/16/18 10:56 AM
2/24/07
BigTedBear - 

Must drive Woodley nuts that he is the champ but guys like Nick and Nate are considered money fights for GSP and McGregor but not him.

Neither nick or Nate have proven to be money fights. However they have a bigger name than the average fighter and it’s an easy win for any top ranked guy. So they get called out a lot.
5/16/18 11:17 AM
5/13/05
FrontBroRian -
BigTedBear - 

Neither nick or Nate have proven to be money fights. However they have a bigger name than the average fighter and it’s an easy win for any top ranked guy. So they get called out a lot.

True; Nick and Nate are pretty known for MMA fighters and they pose the less risk in a fight. GSP will just smother Nate on the mat and Nate will cry about how he didn't really lose the fight.

5/16/18 11:40 AM
3/24/17
Morpheus1976 -

Tyron Woodley: Georges St-Pierre dropping to lightweight the ‘hugest b*tch move on the planet’

“Let me say this in a very educated way: I think that those two guys ‘contemplating’ fighting is the hugest bitch move on the planet. If you're going to be welterweight champion of the world and the lineal champion and you got the current champion constantly talking about fighting you, not only do you avoid fighting him and go up a weight class, now you're gonna drop underneath him and fight underneath in a weight class that you’ve never fought in in your life.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/5/15/17355362/tyron-woodley-georges-st-pierre-dropping-lightweight-hugest-bitch-move-on-planet-mma

Woodley is crying about something? I am completely shocked

5/16/18 1:05 PM
1/1/01

Woodley is a whiner, but he has a point.  GSP vs Nate Diaz is a POS fight.  Why does Nate deserve it?  He's not a champ and never has been.  He's not a great fighter. If GSP wants to go to lightweight let him fight Nurmagomedov.  

5/16/18 1:14 PM
11/8/11

A fight vs Conor would obviously sell more, but  GSP / Woodley would be a really cool fight and I'm sure a LOT of people would buy to see if Georges can claim his belt back. It would also be a better fight as far as the legitimacy of the sport goes.

5/16/18 1:24 PM
1/1/01
MattyJ - 

Hands down the biggest winger in MMA history, he can pick which contender deserves to fight him, yet GSP is the biggest bitch for not fighting him when it’s clear he’s back for entertaining money fights rather than to stay on top of a division 

Which contender did he pick that deserved to fight him? Thus far he's faced 2 guys who he didn't want to fight.
5/16/18 1:26 PM
2/15/06
Eisenberg - 

A fight vs Conor would obviously sell more, but  GSP / Woodley would be a really cool fight and I'm sure a LOT of people would buy to see if Georges can claim his belt back. It would also be a better fight as far as the legitimacy of the sport goes.

I want to see GSP/McGregor. If GSP wins that then why not challenge Woodley then. Right now he doesn't want to risk the big money McGregor fight which is what most of us want to see anyway. I have no interest in watching Woodley's boring fights.
5/16/18 1:51 PM
2/24/07
SinCityHustler - 
MattyJ - 

Which contender did he pick that deserved to fight him? Thus far he's faced 2 guys who he didn't want to fight.

Don’t expect a response. This is your typical Woodley narrative but then they always disappear when you ask the obvious question.
5/16/18 1:59 PM
9/27/15
It absolutely looks like GSP is ducking Woodley..does FSP need money that badly? What is he trying to prove exactly? He spent his entire career at 170 and there USA very willing and able champion he could fight to see who the best of all time is but no..GSP is going to 155! Complete garbage

5/16/18 2:00 PM
9/27/15
TwentyNineTwentyEight - I'd love to see GSP vs. Woodley.

Most diehard mma fans would as well but no, GSP is going to fight Nate Diaz or Conor..lame af
5/16/18 2:05 PM
2/24/07
ons ear - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight - I'd love to see GSP vs. Woodley.

Most diehard mma fans would as well but no, GSP is going to fight Nate Diaz or Conor..lame af

I get the Conor fight. It would be huge. However, neither need Nate Diaz to promote it. GSP is taking the easiest fight possible and there’s no way to deny that.
5/16/18 2:11 PM
2/17/03
FatBuddha - First post pretty much nailed it.

Woodley's PPV stock is low. I'm assuming Woodley is talking about, GSP fighting Diaz?

I do see his point though as far as when the champ offers you a shot, you should have the respect to take it. If bitch implies afraid though, I think we all know that's pretty silly at the point GSP is in his career and who he's fought.

GSP has as tough a strength of schedule as anyone in MMA history. And he beat someone with Tyron's profile twice (Kos was a 2x NCAA champion wrestler with a great overhand).

GSP is past the point of proving himself.
5/16/18 2:12 PM
2/15/11

What's so educated about his explanation?

5/16/18 2:47 PM
6/22/13
wiggum -

Woodley's PPV stock is low. I'm assuming Woodley is talking about, GSP fighting Diaz?

I do see his point though as far as when the champ offers you a shot, you should have the respect to take it. If bitch implies afraid though, I think we all know that's pretty silly at the point GSP is in his career and who he's fought.

GSP has as tough a strength of schedule as anyone in MMA history. And he beat someone with Tyron's profile twice (Kos was a 2x NCAA champion wrestler with a great overhand).

This.... all day long.  

This is GSPs legacy and I hope he goes for a belt in a 3rd weight class as that would be historic and doubtful that it can be repeated unless other weight classes are added.

I want to see history and hope he goes for it.  Woodley means nothing... do ppl not remember his fights with Rory or Nate M?   GSP would out strike, out wrestle and out game plan him all fight long.  

5/16/18 2:55 PM
2/24/07
crashingwaves - 
wiggum -

This.... all day long.  

This is GSPs legacy and I hope he goes for a belt in a 3rd weight class as that would be historic and doubtful that it can be repeated unless other weight classes are added.

I want to see history and hope he goes for it.  Woodley means nothing... do ppl not remember his fights with Rory or Nate M?   GSP would out strike, out wrestle and out game plan him all fight long.  

3rd belt? Does he want to fight Nate for an interim or intercontinental belt?

Last I checked Khabib is champ
5/16/18 3:22 PM
3/30/14

So Woodley ducks people and says he wants $ fights because it makes the most sense for his brand

But when GSP does it (I assume trying to get a 3rd belt which is unheard of) its a bitch move?  The Diaz/GSP winner would get Conor or a title shot (or both if Conor comes back to get the belt)

Keep alienating fans Tyron..... its doing wonders for your brand

5/16/18 3:29 PM
6/22/03
BenUkersWife - 

GSP is retired. He won’t fight again 

We've heard that before.
5/16/18 3:51 PM
9/9/12

Woodley doesn't deserve the GSP fight.

If Georges and his camp go through with this again, it's going to be for millions and upon millions of dollars. 

Woodley doesn't deliver that  

5/16/18 3:54 PM
6/22/13
FrontBroRian -
crashingwaves - 
wiggum -

This.... all day long.  

Come on... I know you are smarter than that.

It is pretty obvious that any LW fight is a tune up fight and then GSP fights the champ for the belt.  Nate will never hold that belt and its basically an easy test fight for GSP that might also hold interest with the casual fans. 

5/16/18 4:19 PM
2/24/07
crashingwaves - 
FrontBroRian -
crashingwaves - 
wiggum -

This.... all day long.  

Come on... I know you are smarter than that.

It is pretty obvious that any LW fight is a tune up fight and then GSP fights the champ for the belt.  Nate will never hold that belt and its basically an easy test fight for GSP that might also hold interest with the casual fans. 

I’d say it’s obvious he’s going for money fights, so that would be Conor and not Khabib
5/16/18 4:54 PM
8/13/15
Dashabox -

"Let me say this in a very educated way.."

When someone constantly talks a bout how smart they are it is usually because they are anything but. 

I know far more educated people that insist they are smart as opposed to uneducated. I guess it depends on where you live and who u spend time around. Woodley doesn't strike me as a guy that does not have an education.