UnderGround Forums Woodley unhappy with GSP

5/18/18 2:46 PM
2/24/07
fade2007 - 
FrontBroRian -
fade2007 - 

Wait wasnt Woodley trying to get a fight with Nate as well??

“Nate Diaz 'sick of not fighting,' wants UFC champ Tyron Woodley this year”

Nate: “I’m getting to the point where I’m sick of not fighting; I’m not getting any younger,” Diaz told ESPN.com‘s Brett Okamoto on Tuesday. “I put that tweet out saying I wanted to fight in May or June, but I didn’t say who because I was weighing my options. And now, Woodley is my best option.

Nate again: "They called me out of nowhere, when I wasn't trying to fight nobody," Diaz told Brett Okamoto of ESPN.

"They asked if I would fight Woodley and I said, 'Well, I'd like a three-month camp.'

According to Nate he wanted and was approached and offered the fight. So you decide. Either Nate is a liar or the ufc offered the fight.

But yes, keep complaining that Woodley is the one begging for it.

Way to overreact.

Did i say that he was begging? No i said he was trying to get the fight. Since he has become champ he has been tryong to get fightd that make no sense.

The reason it doesnt mean shit if GSP fights Nate is because GSP isnt champion and he would go down to LW for the fight.

Tryon wanting it is just plain stupid. Diaz isnt a true WW and isnt close to a deserving a title shot at any division.

And didnt woodley put off surgery in hopes of getting the diaz fight?

He put off surgery because he wanted to be on the NYE card. He wanted Bisping. Then he wanted GSP because he beat Bisping. Then the ufc brought up Diaz so he said he’d fight him. When the ufc neglected to put anything together, he had surgery.
Edited: 5/18/18 2:56 PM
7/18/11
FrontBroRian -
fade2007 - 
FrontBroRian -
fade2007 - 

Nate: “I’m getting to the point where I’m sick of not fighting; I’m not getting any younger,” Diaz told ESPN.com‘s Brett Okamoto on Tuesday. “I put that tweet out saying I wanted to fight in May or June, but I didn’t say who because I was weighing my options. And now, Woodley is my best option.

Nate again: "They called me out of nowhere, when I wasn't trying to fight nobody," Diaz told Brett Okamoto of ESPN.

"They asked if I would fight Woodley and I said, 'Well, I'd like a three-month camp.'

According to Nate he wanted and was approached and offered the fight. So you decide. Either Nate is a liar or the ufc offered the fight.

Way to overreact.

Did i say that he was begging? No i said he was trying to get the fight. Since he has become champ he has been tryong to get fightd that make no sense.

The reason it doesnt mean shit if GSP fights Nate is because GSP isnt champion and he would go down to LW for the fight.

Tryon wanting it is just plain stupid. Diaz isnt a true WW and isnt close to a deserving a title shot at any division.

He put off surgery because he wanted to be on the NYE card. He wanted Bisping. Then he wanted GSP because he beat Bisping. Then the ufc brought up Diaz so he said he’d fight him. When the ufc neglected to put anything together, he had surgery.

Then why did he say Nate was the only one he was willing to fight BEFORE surgery because he saw it as any easier fight?

You’ve stooped to making shit up now with your revisionist history. 

(Here he comes with “you’re a moron, time to move the goalposts and cleverly avoid the question”)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mmamania.com/platform/amp/2017/12/17/16786906/ufc-rafael-dos-anjos-doesnt-get-tyron-woodleys-decision-to-flip-flop-on-shoulder-surgery-mma

5/18/18 3:12 PM
2/24/07
LOL at the mentally ill sickeye not understanding how dates work. Of course he wasn’t asking for Bisping on 12/17, 6 weeks after he got his ass kicked by GSP. And of course he wasn’t asking for GSP then, 5 weeks after GSP said he had medical issues, was giving up his belt, and taking a significant amount of time off.

Use your head numbnuts
5/18/18 3:20 PM
2/24/07
10/16/17

Tyron Woodley Wants To Face Winner Of Georges St-Pierre vs. Michael Bisping

https://www.flocombat.com/articles/6014944-tyron-woodley-wants-to-face-winner-of-georges-st-pierre-vs-michael-bisping

11/3/17

Tyron Woodley: I want the winner of Bisping and GSP, and UFC 217 Breakdown

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PXBkIw1FbXQ

11/04/17

TYRON WOODLEY ON UFC 217: I WANT THE MAIN EVENT WINNER ...

http://m.tmz.com/#2017/11/04/tyron-woodley-ufc-217-bisping-st-pierre/

5/18/18 3:28 PM
7/18/11

Ok...asking for fights he has no chance of getting is a perfect excuse to not get that surgery done immediately and fuck over the rest of the division since none of them are “worthy” anyway! Makes perfect sense. 

Ok Corky, I’ll just leave poor Woodley alone since you obviously can’t handle the justified criticism. You’ve even resorted to posting personal info about me from a PM several years ago (I’ve seen you do it to others too like Leigh, the green namer who doesn’t post here anymore) which proves what a vindictive turd you really are. 

Let that be a lesson to anyone else reading this. Don’t give this stalker any personal info cuz as soon as he senses he’s losing an argument, out it will come. 

5/18/18 3:43 PM
12/28/14
FrontBroRian -
fade2007 - 
FrontBroRian -
fade2007 - 

Way to overreact.

If he wanted to be on the nye card why didnt he fight Colby on that card?

Colby had been asking for it since he beat Damian in october.

Bisping and GSP fought mid november...why would he put off surgery thinking they would fight the next month?

Hes needed surgery since July...why didnt he get it then and already of.fought this year?

Your not.making any sense here.

5/18/18 3:46 PM
2/24/07
SickEye - 

Ok...asking for fights he has no chance of getting is a perfect excuse to not get that surgery done immediately and fuck over the rest of the division since none of them are “worthy” anyway! Makes perfect sense. 

Ok Corky, I’ll just leave poor Woodley alone since you obviously can’t handle the justified criticism. You’ve even resorted to posting personal info about me from a PM several years ago (I’ve seen you do it to others too like Leigh, the green namer who doesn’t post here anymore) which proves what a vindictive turd you really are. 

Let that be a lesson to anyone else reading this. Don’t give this stalker any personal info cuz as soon as he senses he’s losing an argument, out it will come. 

LOL you are such a crybaby

“Woodley only asks for Diaz!”

I show you he asked for GSP/Bisping winner.

“Wahhh nobody respond to him again!!!!

And Leigh and I get along fine. Ive never posted anything he and I discussed and we emailed back and forth for a year or two to keep in touch after he quit posting. And I’ve never brought up anything you told me. You seriously need some help. You are not emotionally capable of having a debate over Woodley without breaking down. Not sure if it’s the Nate Diaz angle, because we know how fragile you are and overprotective you get over them. But seriously dude relax. Or just avoid Woodley (and prob Jones) threads until you can get it together.
5/18/18 3:49 PM
2/24/07
fade2007 - 
FrontBroRian -
fade2007 - 
FrontBroRian -
fade2007 - 

Way to overreact.

Bisping and GSP fought mid november...why would he put off surgery thinking they would fight the next month?

Hes needed surgery since July...why didnt he get it then and already of.fought this year?

Are you under the impression that Woodley is also the UFC matchmaker and has the authority to offer matchups and fax out contracts whenever he chooses? I mean, you do realize the UFC has to want specific matchups and offer them, right?
5/18/18 3:56 PM
2/24/07
fade2007 - 
FrontBroRian -
fade2007 - 
FrontBroRian -
fade2007 - 

Way to overreact.

But seriously man is your google broke or something? All the questions you ask are easily accessible. You can look up the timeline for when he asked for GSP/Bisping, when the ufc offered Nate, when he had surgery, etc.... he’d been asking to be on the NYE card since July. It didn’t happen so he said he wanted GSP/Bisping in 2018!! I posted 3 sources for you right above that clarifies he was expecting those in 2018. Do you not read anything and just keep asking more and more questions?
5/18/18 4:16 PM
12/9/13

Woodley has the worst management ever, they get nothing done.

5/18/18 4:40 PM
2/24/07
Morpheus1976 - 

Really? As champ and his last 3 fights he fought on the co main event of the Conor/Alvarez card, 1.3m buys, headlined the next card, 300k buys, and then fought as comain to Jones/DC, 860k buys.

His management has got him PPV points on 2.46M PPV buys in 3 fights

5/18/18 5:00 PM
12/28/14
FrontBroRian -
fade2007 - 
FrontBroRian -
fade2007 - 
FrontBroRian -
fade2007 - 

Way to overreact.

But seriously man is your google broke or something? All the questions you ask are easily accessible. You can look up the timeline for when he asked for GSP/Bisping, when the ufc offered Nate, when he had surgery, etc.... he’d been asking to be on the NYE card since July. It didn’t happen so he said he wanted GSP/Bisping in 2018!! I posted 3 sources for you right above that clarifies he was expecting those in 2018. Do you not read anything and just keep asking more and more questions?

Ok...so come october/november when they didnt offer him a fight at the NYE cwrd ehy didnt he have surgery?

And if he wanted the winner of GSP/Bisping why didnt he have the surgery in july/august since the fight was towards the end of the year and the timing would work out almost perfectly for all parties to fight again?

His reasons for putting off surgery dont make sense. 

He ended up getting the surgery in mid december and he said hes coming back in july...why didnt he get the surgery in August and he wouldve fought already this year?

I get why he wanted to fight Diaz..but then whys he bitching about GSP potentially fighting diaz? Woodley isnt the money fight. GSP and Diaz are draws not Woodley.

So hes basically saying its ok for him to ask for money fights but not others? Even though the others arent champs and wouldnt hold up a division like he would taking a fight against Diaz?

5/18/18 6:08 PM
1/14/03

Woodley should blame himself. GSP has been there and done that. He can be a 3 weight class champ and first to do so in the ufc. Woodley can eat a dick for all GSP cares.

5/18/18 6:12 PM
10/14/17

5/18/18 6:19 PM
2/24/07
holy shit dude you’re overthinking this. It’s teslly not that difficult.

“Ok...so come october/november when they didnt offer him a fight at the NYE cwrd ehy didnt he have surgery?”

As of mid November he thought he was on the card. It wasn’t until 11/29 that he announced it was off. Google and pay attention.

“And if he wanted the winner of GSP/Bisping why didnt he have the surgery in july/august since the fight was towards the end of the year and the timing would work out almost perfectly for all parties to fight again?”

This has been explained to you several times. He wanted to be on the NYE card and thought he was. Pay attention.

“He ended up getting the surgery in mid december and he said hes coming back in july...why didnt he get the surgery in August and he wouldve fought already this year?”

Because he thought he was on the NYE card. Pay attention.

“So hes basically saying its ok for him to ask for money fights but not others?”

Where did he ever say it’s not ok for others to ask for money fights? He’s saying GSP is avoiding him, which is just stating the obvious.
5/18/18 7:16 PM
12/9/13
FrontBroRian -
Morpheus1976 - 

Really? As champ and his last 3 fights he fought on the co main event of the Conor/Alvarez card, 1.3m buys, headlined the next card, 300k buys, and then fought as comain to Jones/DC, 860k buys.

he fought? no he didn't. he moved less than a grappling dummy

5/18/18 7:30 PM
7/18/11
FrontBroRian - holy shit dude you’re overthinking this. It’s teslly not that difficult.

“Ok...so come october/november when they didnt offer him a fight at the NYE cwrd ehy didnt he have surgery?”

As of mid November he thought he was on the card. It wasn’t until 11/29 that he announced it was off. Google and pay attention.

“And if he wanted the winner of GSP/Bisping why didnt he have the surgery in july/august since the fight was towards the end of the year and the timing would work out almost perfectly for all parties to fight again?”

This has been explained to you several times. He wanted to be on the NYE card and thought he was. Pay attention.

“He ended up getting the surgery in mid december and he said hes coming back in july...why didnt he get the surgery in August and he wouldve fought already this year?”

Because he thought he was on the NYE card. Pay attention.

“So hes basically saying its ok for him to ask for money fights but not others?”

Where did he ever say it’s not ok for others to ask for money fights? He’s saying GSP is avoiding him, which is just stating the obvious.

LMFAO @ he thought he was going to be on the NYE card. Against who? Nate? A fight that had zero roots in reality and wasn’t even rumored until sometime in November?  

From his last fight in July to November he didn’t do jack shit other than piss and moan and cry racism. 

Admit it Corky, he fucked up. 

5/18/18 7:32 PM
7/18/11

Don’t get all butthurt and give people my name now while you accuse everyone else of being over-sensitive!

5/19/18 11:13 AM
2/24/07
Morpheus1976 - 
FrontBroRian -
Morpheus1976 - 

Maia and Wonderboy are grappling dummies? Damn I feel they are pretty good fighters. How would you do after 75 minutes in a locked cage with those two?
5/19/18 11:40 AM
10/9/10
FrontBroRian -
MasterofMartialArts - 
SinCityHustler -
MattyJ - 

Hands down the biggest winger in MMA history, he can pick which contender deserves to fight him, yet GSP is the biggest bitch for not fighting him when it’s clear he’s back for entertaining money fights rather than to stay on top of a division 

Which contender did he pick that deserved to fight him? Thus far he's faced 2 guys who he didn't want to fight.

Well he got the belt and his first fight was against Wonderboy. Even though that one ended in a draw, he didn’t want to give the rematch and kept saying how he felt like he won the fight. Then he was forced to give the rematch and then got the decision the second time. THEN he called out GSP. After his FIRST successful defense. After that he fought Damian Maia, and then started crying that “he’s fought two specialists in a row” and wanted to pick his opponent. So then what did he do? Called out GSP who was retired at the time, and Diaz (I think Nick) who was either semi retired and/or serving a suspension. 

This all happening right after possibly the most boring title fight and one of the most boring fights I’ve ever seen, where the record was broken for least amount of strikes thrown in a title match. This isn’t considering the division full of contenders at 170, which is one of the deepest divisions in MMA. So I think you guys are defending Woodley because he’s “faced two guys he didn’t wanna fight. Well that’s his job and that’s what we gets paid for. We aren’t going to sit here and give the guy a standing ovation for signing on the dotted line to fight two contenders because that’s what the expectation is. This is what everyone’s problem with Woodley:

1. He called out inactive fighters knowing there were contenders lined up in his division. This is a form of cherry picking even though he didn’t get the fight he wanted. 

2. He complains about everything from race to treatment, and doesn’t seem to have much respect for people. 

3. He has done nothing but put on boring fights since becoming champ, but he wants the money fights. 

4. One defense into being champ and he’s already talking about legacy fights. 

Now this conversation might be slightly different if we are talking about a long-reigning champ here, or one that doesn’t have any fights to challenge them. Or a champ who draws a lot of viewers. A guy like MM is a good example. But Woodley hasn’t been champ long and has defended twice against two opponents, one being a rematch. Fans like guys who defend their belts against top contenders, and even in a day where money can be more important than rankings, Woodley stands out as a guy who seemingly wants to fight who he wants to and sees fighting specialists as “favors”. Just how I feel about it. 

That’s a lot of word to say he’s taken on all challengers since winning the title and signed to fight whoever the ufc wants.

So basically you’re mad because he gives his opinion when media asks him who he’d like to fight?

I see you got a lot of damage control to do in this thread so I’ll keep my response short. If that’s all you got from all the words I typed, then you read less than half my post and you’ll get a half assed answer. Let’s be real here: Woodley didn’t have to be asked by the media who he wanted to fight in order to make those statements. You, me, and everyone else knows that he was asking for these fights and not just “telling the media who he’d like to fight”. You’ve been around long enough to know the sport and you have to know this. 

Additionally, I’m not mad. I’m just not a fan of Woodley. He has always come across as entitled and disrespectful, and that hasn’t changed. He’s obviously a world class champion, and that’s what makes this most frustrating. People are not mad at him because of who he’s fighting, people are frustrated at the lack of respect he shows for the top guys in his division and his constant complaining. Conor has changed the way that fighters view their careers, and now everyone wants the money fights. The problem is not all fighters deserve or should get those fights. If you’ve only defended against 1-2 guys in your division and nobody wants to watch you fight, it’s not happening. You can’t blame the guy for wanting the money, but you also can’t blame people for having a problem with it. You can’t sit here and say you’re the best in the world and you’ll face anyone, then try to pick your opponents. No other current champion does this. 

5/19/18 12:09 PM
12/9/13
FrontBroRian -
Morpheus1976 - 
FrontBroRian -
Morpheus1976 - 

Maia and Wonderboy are grappling dummies? Damn I feel they are pretty good fighters. How would you do after 75 minutes in a locked cage with those two?

wow, what a POS of management you are. so low and taking personal shots.

5/19/18 12:17 PM
2/24/07
MasterofMartialArts - 
FrontBroRian -
MasterofMartialArts - 
SinCityHustler -
MattyJ - 

Hands down the biggest winger in MMA history, he can pick which contender deserves to fight him, yet GSP is the biggest bitch for not fighting him when it’s clear he’s back for entertaining money fights rather than to stay on top of a division 

Which contender did he pick that deserved to fight him? Thus far he's faced 2 guys who he didn't want to fight.

Well he got the belt and his first fight was against Wonderboy. Even though that one ended in a draw, he didn’t want to give the rematch and kept saying how he felt like he won the fight. Then he was forced to give the rematch and then got the decision the second time. THEN he called out GSP. After his FIRST successful defense. After that he fought Damian Maia, and then started crying that “he’s fought two specialists in a row” and wanted to pick his opponent. So then what did he do? Called out GSP who was retired at the time, and Diaz (I think Nick) who was either semi retired and/or serving a suspension. 

This all happening right after possibly the most boring title fight and one of the most boring fights I’ve ever seen, where the record was broken for least amount of strikes thrown in a title match. This isn’t considering the division full of contenders at 170, which is one of the deepest divisions in MMA. So I think you guys are defending Woodley because he’s “faced two guys he didn’t wanna fight. Well that’s his job and that’s what we gets paid for. We aren’t going to sit here and give the guy a standing ovation for signing on the dotted line to fight two contenders because that’s what the expectation is. This is what everyone’s problem with Woodley:

1. He called out inactive fighters knowing there were contenders lined up in his division. This is a form of cherry picking even though he didn’t get the fight he wanted. 

2. He complains about everything from race to treatment, and doesn’t seem to have much respect for people. 

3. He has done nothing but put on boring fights since becoming champ, but he wants the money fights. 

Now this conversation might be slightly different if we are talking about a long-reigning champ here, or one that doesn’t have any fights to challenge them. Or a champ who draws a lot of viewers. A guy like MM is a good example. But Woodley hasn’t been champ long and has defended twice against two opponents, one being a rematch. Fans like guys who defend their belts against top contenders, and even in a day where money can be more important than rankings, Woodley stands out as a guy who seemingly wants to fight who he wants to and sees fighting specialists as “favors”. Just how I feel about it. 

That’s a lot of word to say he’s taken on all challengers since winning the title and signed to fight whoever the ufc wants.

So basically you’re mad because he gives his opinion when media asks him who he’d like to fight?

I see you got a lot of damage control to do in this thread so I’ll keep my response short. If that’s all you got from all the words I typed, then you read less than half my post and you’ll get a half assed answer. Let’s be real here: Woodley didn’t have to be asked by the media who he wanted to fight in order to make those statements. You, me, and everyone else knows that he was asking for these fights and not just “telling the media who he’d like to fight”. You’ve been around long enough to know the sport and you have to know this. 

Additionally, I’m not mad. I’m just not a fan of Woodley. He has always come across as entitled and disrespectful, and that hasn’t changed. He’s obviously a world class champion, and that’s what makes this most frustrating. People are not mad at him because of who he’s fighting, people are frustrated at the lack of respect he shows for the top guys in his division and his constant complaining. Conor has changed the way that fighters view their careers, and now everyone wants the money fights. The problem is not all fighters deserve or should get those fights. If you’ve only defended against 1-2 guys in your division and nobody wants to watch you fight, it’s not happening. You can’t blame the guy for wanting the money, but you also can’t blame people for having a problem with it. You can’t sit here and say you’re the best in the world and you’ll face anyone, then try to pick your opponents. No other current champion does this. 

No one wants to watch him fight? Says who? You guys whine on the UG but his only headlined card did 300k buys. That’s the same as DC vs Rumble, Stipe vs JDS, and more than all other champs the last 2 years not named Conor, GSP, or Rousey. Woodley had 4 title fights in 12 months, and wanted another right away. He was by far the most active champ and always signs to fight who the ufc offers. 2 of his last 4 fights have earned performance bonuses and were exciting.

The above isn’t me sticking up for him, or working damage control. It’s not my opinion. They’re facts.

http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/pay-per-view/

Edited: 5/19/18 3:51 PM
10/9/10
FrontBroRian -
MasterofMartialArts - 
FrontBroRian -
MasterofMartialArts - 
SinCityHustler -
MattyJ - 

No one wants to watch him fight? Says who? You guys whine on the UG but his only headlined card did 300k buys. That’s the same as DC vs Rumble, Stipe vs JDS, and more than all other champs the last 2 years not named Conor, GSP, or Rousey. Woodley had 4 title fights in 12 months, and wanted another right away. He was by far the most active champ and always signs to fight who the ufc offers. 2 of his last 4 fights have earned performance bonuses and were exciting.

The above isn’t me sticking up for him, or working damage control. It’s not my opinion. They’re facts.

http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/pay-per-view/

That’s great and all, but you’re comparing one card he headlined to other random events you just selected. Comparisons out of context mean nothing to me because there is no other data to back it up. If you were ask anyone in the world if they would rather see Woodley or DC fight, the answer would be DC. Same with Miocic or JDS. Miocic vs Overeem did 450k, DC vs Rumble 1 did 375k. You also mentioned that’s Woodleys only headlined card. It’s also important to note that just because he’s on the card doesn’t mean people want to see him or watched his fights. The reason DFW didn’t give him the GSP fight is because he participated in a title fight with the least strikes thrown in the UFC. I think that says enough about his fights. Also, I didn’t say he wasn’t active, sure he’s an active champ but that’s not what people are complaining about. 

5/20/18 7:58 PM
8/12/16
Politically Incorrect -
Dashabox -
ASAP NV -
Dashabox -

"Let me say this in a very educated way.."

When someone constantly talks a bout how smart they are it is usually because they are anything but. 

I know far more educated people that insist they are smart as opposed to uneducated. I guess it depends on where you live and who u spend time around. Woodley doesn't strike me as a guy that does not have an education.

An education, sure.  But an education does not mean you are smart IMO.

Most of my friends are engineers, teachers, doctors etc.  They don't tell people how smart they are, because people already know from their interactions with them, not from their credentials or educational background.  For the record I do know some doctors that I would describe as mildy stupid.  I wouldn't call myself smart either.  I just find that the people who constantly tell everyone how smart they are (Woodley) usually have an over-inflated view of their intelligence and/or insecurity of it.

I have two friends that are engineers, one smart, one stupid. 

I have half a dozen friends that are nurses, 2 I would consider smart, the others are fucking window lickers. 

Many many people I went to school with and keep in touch with that have degrees that are stupider than when they enrolled in college. 

I believe it. I just find there is a corellation between lack of intelligence and constantly talking about how smart or educated you are.  

5/20/18 8:14 PM
6/18/16
StrikingMMA - If Tyron were a big money draw GSP would fight him instead. Tyron just doesn't inspire fans. Conor does and GSP is going after his red panty night.

Cliche city.