UnderGround Forums Woodley vs. Covington card got good quickly

Edited: 14 days ago
8/2/11

This card was not strong at all last week which was a shame considering such a strong main event.

Then over the space of the week the Cerrone Price fight and Chimaev have been added and Johnny Walker is on there making this an awesome non-PPV card.

Also FYI Dern's oppenent is 10-8 and one draw. I predict sloppy striking by Dern to setup schoolyard headlock drag to the ground, transition to mount and blue belt level arm bar from top with hyper extended elbow for the tap. Change my mind

Welterweight  Colby Covingtonvs.Tyron Woodley

Welterweight  Donald Cerronevs.Niko Price

Middleweight  Khamzat Chimaev  vs.Gerald Meerschaert

Light Heavyweight  Johnny Walkervs.Ryan Spann

Women's Strawweight  Mackenzie Dernvs.Randa Markos

Middleweight  Kevin Hollandvs.Darren Stewart

14 days ago
2/14/11

Decent card 

14 days ago
3/17/14

hope it stays that way

14 days ago
2/19/13

Great card on paper. Looking forward to the whole main card

14 days ago
2/9/09

A gimmie fight for Walker

14 days ago
4/14/06

Covington has been awful quiet leading up to this 

14 days ago
8/2/11
sixdog -

That is very out of character. What's your take on it?

14 days ago
2/9/09
ThatsHowIRoll -
sixdog -

I think Woodley beats him

14 days ago
10/9/10
sixdog -

Has there been any media or promotion for this card? Seems like it just got put together. I just saw a promo for it last night but that’s the first and only I’ve seen myself. I don’t follow social media much and I imagine that any trash talk would been a thread here. 

14 days ago
8/2/11
Bend The Knee -
ThatsHowIRoll -
sixdog -

I think Woodley beats him

I hope so but I think Covington via work rate

14 days ago
8/2/11
MasterofMartialArts -
sixdog -

Has there been any media or promotion for this card? Seems like it just got put together. I just saw a promo for it last night but that’s the first and only I’ve seen myself. I don’t follow social media much and I imagine that any trash talk would been a thread here. 

Colby called him Soy Jones Jr on twitter but that's all I heard

14 days ago
5/22/17

This card is better than the Israel costa card 

14 days ago
10/24/10

Yeah this is a solid card. I'm as intrigued by the Chimaev/Meerschaert fight as I am the main event.

14 days ago
1/24/16

This is the first fight where I miss the press conferences

13 days ago
3/23/06

I’m excited for the main event!  The rest is all a bonus, and yes it’s a great card! 

13 days ago
8/2/11
SandBlaster -

Can't argue with that. It could be a lot better

Edited: 13 days ago
10/3/16

I got a feeling.. a really strong feeling.. Woodley is gonna beat the ever loving shit out of Covington and then go right back to not being very good anymore.

13 days ago
2/19/14
MarcusAurelioFan -

I got a feeling.. a really strong feeling.. Woodley is gonna beat the ever loving shit out of Covington and then go right back to not being very good anymore.

I definitely could see this happening

13 days ago
3/17/14
MarcusAurelioFan -

Have the same feeling... he shows up when you least expect it. on paper Colby should win with his pressure. 

13 days ago
11/10/18
ThatsHowIRoll -
SandBlaster -

Can't argue with that. It could be a lot better

Yep, and it sucks that they make zero effort for the ppv’s to be worth the money. They just think a “title” fight is enough lol. I couldn’t care less about most of their title fights. 

13 days ago
2/14/14

Colby is going to dominate Tyron... He can’t pull the trigger and Colby will be all over him 

13 days ago
5/22/17
MarcusAurelioFan -

You never know it’s a fight. Woodleys got power, if he can’t get Colby out in the first or 2nd I think Colby wears him down and gets him out of there in the later rounds. Donald trumps favorite fighter destroys tyquil. 

Edited: 12 days ago
1/1/01

pretty good card

13 days ago
1/26/08

Solid card, should have moved Cowboy fight to main event this wknd to add some star power to that card but can’t complain as it’s a stacked card 

13 days ago
4/14/06
ThatsHowIRoll -
sixdog -

This is just a totally off the wall hunch, but I have a feeling he is training like a madman and will beat the shit out of woodley and then start talking crazy shit about everyone again. I think he knows this is must win and is just being focused.

who knows tho, the main event has been booked for 3 weeks or more now, you would have thought he would be out running his mouth.