UnderGround Forums Wrestling should it be banned from UFC ?

9/26/19 2:31 PM
3/14/02
Winston Wolf -
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
Winston Wolf -

do the sport of wrestling and mma a favor and dont watch ..

Wrestling is a game not a sport

u are an idiot Please do not ever adress me again and Ill go back to not knowing u exist

Agreed that guy is a dumbfuck!

10/4/19 11:48 AM
7/2/07
Captain Canuck - 
williepep - Should the rules be modified to lessen the impact or use of certain aspects of wrestling in the UFC ?

While the current rule set does create an environment where the use of wrestling can lead to championships it also sets the table for boring fights.

Should the UFC be made more fan friendly and create exciting fights by modifying the rules ?

I think that the scoring of take downs needs to be altered.

Do you think too many points for a take down ?

Or ?
10/4/19 7:26 PM
3/29/13
Winston Wolf -
Winston Wolf -

do the sport of wrestling and mma a favor and dont watch ..

Wrestling is a game not a sport

u are an idiot Please do not ever adress me again and Ill go back to not knowing u exist

Go suck your moms cock

10/12/19 11:59 PM
1/22/14

After watching Kron get punched in the face over and over I wonder if BJJ should be banned...

if you can't put the fight where you want it, what good is your "grappling"?

10/13/19 6:14 PM
3/29/13
LJB -

After watching Kron get punched in the face over and over I wonder if BJJ should be banned...

Outside of tkoing an opponent with a slam, how can you finish a fight with wrestling? Useless and should be banned

10/13/19 6:34 PM
1/1/01
LJB -

Outside of tkoing an opponent with a slam, how can you finish a fight with wrestling? Useless and should be banned

Ko with a suplex

10/13/19 6:37 PM
1/1/01
LJB -

i took BJJ for 8 years and wrestled first for about 10 years..If you want to fight on the ground a vital element is getting the fight to the ground which if BJJers were more profficient they would dominate ..If Kron were able to get Swqanson to the ground I think hed have a great chance to submit him But you cant use the BJJ if you cant get the fight to the ground To me the best combo is a good wrestler with good BJJ.I was probly a better wrestler than I was in BJJ ( purple belt ) But my takedowns were my stongest asset.Hopefully Kron improves and works on his wrestling .I sure was rooting for him and  abig fan of his dads

10/13/19 6:40 PM
7/2/07
LJB - 

It has always amazed me the BJJ crowd especially the Gracie family has not spent more time on takedowns.

If you are going to spend your life grappling it seems you would develop at least a HS wrestlers level of tskedowns.

10/13/19 6:40 PM
1/1/01

wrestling puts a good wrestler in good position on ground with a solid takedown that also knocks the wind oout of the other guy.I hope some of todays top wrestlers like Burroughs Dake Taylor or any top tier guy.not too many athletes can match their gas tank But MMA you have to be good at everything But if you cant wrestle you cant fight said by Tito Ortiz

10/13/19 6:44 PM
1/1/01
williepep -
LJB - 

It has always amazed me the BJJ crowd especially the Gracie family has not spent more time on takedowns.

If you are going to spend your life grappling it seems you would develop at least a HS wrestlers level of tskedowns.

this i agree with you.I think before learning any  ground you should be  profficient at getting the fight there..I do think Rickson has decent to good takedowns and has even ebtered freestyle touneys.Ive seen Renzo train he is good at takedowns Not Matt Hughes good but very solid IMO.But as whole the buttflopping does not work and if a great BJJer like Kron is fighting like a kick boxer he will not be champion.Yes hes tough and a bad ass But if he cant get the fight to the ground  he can win or lose

10/27/19 12:19 AM
7/2/07

So ho does the Cecil stance figure into the equation again? Phone Post

Edited: 10/31/19 8:00 AM
2/24/19

Williepep

Since you invited me back to this thread ...

1. Thanks for not being mean to an old man. If only Conor were so considerate. 
2. After reading your erudite arguments, I withdraw my Circle of Willis comment.

3. I will always see wrestling as the heart of MMA simply because most fights end up on the ground at some point and a skilled wrestler has the best chance of taking his opponent to the ground with control. I see your points about standup though. 
4. I am glad someone else knows who Willie Pep was. IMHO he was one of the greatest if not the greatest pure boxer I have ever seen. 
5. From the other thread, glad we agree on Lexus. I have driven about everything and nothing has come close for reliability, comfort and engineering. 

10/31/19 8:47 AM
6/14/12

changed my mind. definitely ban wrestling. and submissions. and probably strikes too. prolly just stand there and stare at each other for 15 minutes. that sounds much more entertaining. 

10/31/19 9:19 AM
9/5/12
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

changed my mind. definitely ban wrestling. and submissions. and probably strikes too. prolly just stand there and stare at each other for 15 minutes. that sounds much more entertaining. 

Ultimate staring championship has a nice ring to it

12/1/19 12:40 AM
7/2/07
Rakoshi - 

Williepep

Since you invited me back to this thread ...

1. Thanks for not being mean to an old man. If only Conor were so considerate. 
2. After reading your erudite arguments, I withdraw my Circle of Willis comment.

3. I will always see wrestling as the heart of MMA simply because most fights end up on the ground at some point and a skilled wrestler has the best chance of taking his opponent to the ground with control. I see your points about standup though. 
4. I am glad someone else knows who Willie Pep was. IMHO he was one of the greatest if not the greatest pure boxer I have ever seen. 
5. From the other thread, glad we agree on Lexus. I have driven about everything and nothing has come close for reliability, comfort and engineering. 

If you have a chance/ time check out a National Wrestling HOF thread I just updated over on the OG.

I posted an online challenge to take on all comers that were willing to show up. It was a year or so ago.

12/8/19 1:02 AM
7/2/07

Bo Nickal vs Gordan Ryan should have helped answer some questions or the question.
12/8/19 1:16 AM
1/22/14
williepep -

Bo Nickal vs Gordan Ryan should have helped answer some questions or the question.

shit... 

in a heavily based boring nerd submission base drule set bo was able to be to be competitive...

in a wrestling absed competition, ryaqn is totally dominated... 

that is not in question...

in any form of comabt where even a slap to the face is allowed... ryan is dominated...

sport jitz is the absolute worst...

12/8/19 2:28 AM
7/2/07
LJB - 
williepep -

shit... 

in a heavily based boring nerd submission base drule set bo was able to be to be competitive...

in a wrestling absed competition, ryaqn is totally dominated... 

that is not in question...

in any form of comabt where even a slap to the face is allowed... ryan is dominated...

sport jitz is the absolute worst...

I usually think similar but I am hearing that Ryan scored 2 scissor takedowns which I find really amazing.
12/8/19 11:26 AM
1/22/14

He threw his much larger body at bo and they hit the ground... a takedown implies control... he didn't have any kind of control