UnderGround Forums Wrestling should it be banned from UFC ?

19 days ago
1/1/01
williepep -
Winston Wolf - 

do the sport of wrestling and mma a favor and dont watch ..

You are very pushy and opinionated.

Are you upper East coast by any chance ?

yet ur the one calling for banning wrestling and making threads about it Do the sport and forum a favor dont watch or post

19 days ago
9/5/12

Wtf you’re a 07

19 days ago
3/14/02
Winston Wolf -
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
Winston Wolf -

Wrestling is a game not a sport

u are an idiot Please do not ever adress me again and Ill go back to not knowing u exist

Agreed that guy is a dumbfuck!

11 days ago
7/2/07
Captain Canuck - 
williepep - Should the rules be modified to lessen the impact or use of certain aspects of wrestling in the UFC ?

While the current rule set does create an environment where the use of wrestling can lead to championships it also sets the table for boring fights.

Should the UFC be made more fan friendly and create exciting fights by modifying the rules ?

I think that the scoring of take downs needs to be altered.

Do you think too many points for a take down ?

Or ?
11 days ago
3/29/13
Winston Wolf -
Winston Wolf -

Wrestling is a game not a sport

u are an idiot Please do not ever adress me again and Ill go back to not knowing u exist

Go suck your moms cock

3 days ago
1/22/14

After watching Kron get punched in the face over and over I wonder if BJJ should be banned...

if you can’t put the fight where you want it, what good is your “grappling”?

2 days ago
3/29/13
LJB -

After watching Kron get punched in the face over and over I wonder if BJJ should be banned...

Outside of tkoing an opponent with a slam, how can you finish a fight with wrestling? Useless and should be banned

2 days ago
1/1/01
LJB -

Outside of tkoing an opponent with a slam, how can you finish a fight with wrestling? Useless and should be banned

Ko with a suplex

2 days ago
1/1/01
LJB -

i took BJJ for 8 years and wrestled first for about 10 years..If you want to fight on the ground a vital element is getting the fight to the ground which if BJJers were more profficient they would dominate ..If Kron were able to get Swqanson to the ground I think hed have a great chance to submit him But you cant use the BJJ if you cant get the fight to the ground To me the best combo is a good wrestler with good BJJ.I was probly a better wrestler than I was in BJJ ( purple belt ) But my takedowns were my stongest asset.Hopefully Kron improves and works on his wrestling .I sure was rooting for him and  abig fan of his dads

2 days ago
7/2/07
LJB - 

It has always amazed me the BJJ crowd especially the Gracie family has not spent more time on takedowns.

If you are going to spend your life grappling it seems you would develop at least a HS wrestlers level of tskedowns.

2 days ago
1/1/01

wrestling puts a good wrestler in good position on ground with a solid takedown that also knocks the wind oout of the other guy.I hope some of todays top wrestlers like Burroughs Dake Taylor or any top tier guy.not too many athletes can match their gas tank But MMA you have to be good at everything But if you cant wrestle you cant fight said by Tito Ortiz

2 days ago
1/1/01
williepep -
LJB - 

It has always amazed me the BJJ crowd especially the Gracie family has not spent more time on takedowns.

If you are going to spend your life grappling it seems you would develop at least a HS wrestlers level of tskedowns.

this i agree with you.I think before learning any  ground you should be  profficient at getting the fight there..I do think Rickson has decent to good takedowns and has even ebtered freestyle touneys.Ive seen Renzo train he is good at takedowns Not Matt Hughes good but very solid IMO.But as whole the buttflopping does not work and if a great BJJer like Kron is fighting like a kick boxer he will not be champion.Yes hes tough and a bad ass But if he cant get the fight to the ground  he can win or lose