UnderGround Forums You’re racist if you don’t like Izzy, Jones, etc.

7 days ago
7/18/11

https://twitter.com/rawrewreckz/status/1181241102189416448?s=21

7 days ago
7/18/11

7 days ago
7/18/11

7 days ago
8/10/05
I agree to an extent, but I'm an Izzy fan and detest Jones.

Why? Jones is a veritable scumbag.

I'm sure many people have a hard time liking Jones and it has nothing to do with the colour of his skin.
Edited: 7 days ago
10/1/19

Lmao that's fucking retarded. I dont like Izzy because he isn't american. I'm a huge Jon jones fan and a huge DC fan and even I know he wont draw shit in terms of PPV buyrates or TV viewers in regards to what those 2 can draw. Even Woodley would draw more as a champion. Good luck UFC.

So every black person who doesn't like Gus or Stipe is automatically racist too? Gtfo.

7 days ago
10/14/17

I fucking hate stupid people

1/23/06

Maybe to an extent. More so It seems like virtue signaling crowd tends to make an issue out of race with certain black fighters, who are controversial or behave in a way that's going to naturally create haters. People are kind of racist in general too. I grew up in a black neighborhood for a significant portion of my life and received racism for being white, I also received love or appreciation for being a token white, it made me more unique, I think this can be the case and is the case for most black people in today's society.

More than anything people like to hate and they'll go for whatever perceived weakness you have and insecurity about your race might be a target someone goes for, it's not even that they're truly racist necessarily, it might be their angle of attack for disliking you.

Maybe they don't like that Adesanya is "for the culture" so to speak, but not everyone has to be "for the culture" and honestly once you get to know Izzy he's impossible to paint in broad strokes and difficult to categorize. A lot of fans are just now getting to know him after that breakthrough performance at UFC 243.

Nobody should be bending the knee to the world views of a Luke Thomas type. 

7 days ago
10/1/19
CRE -

Maybe to an extent. More so It seems like virtue signaling crowd tends to make an issue out of race with certain black fighters, who are controversial or behave in a way that's going to naturally create haters. People are kind of racist in general too. I grew up in a black neighborhood for a significant portion of my life and received racism for being white, I also received love or appreciation for being a token white, it made me more unique, I think this can be the case and is the case for most black people in today's society.

More than anything people like to hate and they'll go for whatever perceived weakness you have and insecurity about your race might be a target someone goes for, it's not even that they're truly racist necessarily, it might be their angle of attack for disliking you.

Maybe they don't like that Adesanya is "for the culture" so to speak, but not everyone has to be "for the culture" and honestly once you get to know Izzy he's impossible to paint in broad strokes and difficult to categorize. A lot of fans are just now getting to know him after that breakthrough performance at UFC 243.

People are racist in general too? What kinda soyboy shit is that to say. Jesus.

7 days ago
11/28/03

i like some black fighters and i hate some black fighters

i like some white fighters and i hate some white fighters

i guess i am racist even to my own race

once in a movie forum a black girl said if u dont like CREED, its cuz u r racist

7 days ago
4/11/11

I guess That's Why people hate Colby Covington, because he's black... oh wait... Why does race need to constantly I be brought up? This is how racism is kept alive, by people talking about it.

7 days ago
11/20/09

I find that people who tend to play the race card are people who are no strangers to also playing the victim card.  The two come hand in hand.

They're close minded.  They think they're the only ones who have been treated unfairly.  They dwell in the ditches instead of rising above.

7 days ago
1/23/06
If you're successful and rise to rank 1, a World Champion fighter like Adesanya, there is going to be those that hate it and those who love it, as well as those in between.

Too many non-competitor journalist types subconsciously hate and they're going to start surrounding Israel's moment of unifying the Middleweight division and all his success, with these mostly made up stories of racism. It won't be actual racists stoking that racist discussion, rather some so called helpers or boot lickers, who think it's their job to tell people when and how to be offended.

MMA is a brand new sport and doesn't always have the best media coverage. A lot of these talkers couldn't make it in other major mainstream sports that they initially favored more than combat sports, but MMA has availability. Never got in there(the ghetto or a competitive arena) because twitter is their competitive arena. If they can create a controversy, then they can create clicks and a discussion. It's much easier than doing real journalism.

Adesanya is too outstanding to be sidetracked or dragged down regardless. He really can't be stopped unless it's in the octagon. There are much better discussions to be had, it just takes some actual work.
1/23/06
Now there is a genuine shred of truth to what Rory the original tweeter said, I also get the feeling @RawrEWreckz has actually experienced an inordinate amount of unjust hate, but Adesanya's situation is not nearly as significant as a Luke Thomas type would have you believe for the sake of his ratings and discussions. Make no mistake about it, the topic of racism is nothing more than a means or vehicle for Luke to deliver his message of snooty superiority. Not saying Luke isn't intelligent or doesn't have redeeming qualities either.
7 days ago
7/18/11
CRE -

Luke Thomas is the biggest virtue signaler in the business as far as I can tell.

One of the great things about MMA is that it's merit based, so nobody can rise to the top because of some affirmative action bullshit. To see Luke Thomas and the like race baiting the MMA fanbase really gets my goat!

"Look at me...I'm down with the cause!" ~ LT

7 days ago
6/17/16

I'm a racemicist.

I will only accept substances that are composed of equal proportions of dextrorotatory and levorotatory forms.

If your chirality is single-handedly lacking in diverse enantiomers you can go get your reaction on in a different beaker, pal.

6/17/16
SickEye -
CRE -

Luke Thomas is the biggest virtue signaler in the business as far as I can tell.

One of the great things about MMA is that it's merit based, so nobody can rise to the top because of some affirmative action bullshit. To see Luke Thomas and the like race baiting the MMA fanbase really gets my goat!

"Look at me...I'm down with the cause!" ~ LT

I don't want to hate the guy because I generally think he means well but he is definitely part of the problem and not part of the solution.

7 days ago
6/17/16
CRE - If you're successful and rise to rank 1, a World Champion fighter like Adesanya, there is going to be those that hate it and those who love it, as well as those in between.

Too many non-competitor journalist types subconsciously hate and they're going to start surrounding Israel's moment of unifying the Middleweight division and all his success, with these mostly made up stories of racism. It won't be actual racists stoking that racist discussion, rather some so called helpers or boot lickers, who think it's their job to tell people when and how to be offended.

MMA is a brand new sport and doesn't always have the best media coverage. A lot of these talkers couldn't make it in other major mainstream sports that they initially favored more than combat sports, but MMA has availability. Never got in there(the ghetto or a competitive arena) because twitter is their competitive arena. If they can create a controversy, then they can create clicks and a discussion. It's much easier than doing real journalism.

Adesanya is too outstanding to be sidetracked or dragged down regardless. He really can't be stopped unless it's in the octagon. There are much better discussions to be had, it just takes some actual work.

Yes, this.

10/9/10

I don’t think that tweet from LT was meant to say “if you don’t like Stylebender, you’re racist”. He means that race absolutely plays a part in popularity and acceptance in MMA, which I tend to agree with. I think it is a factor here, albeit a small one. 

7 days ago
9/19/19

It doesn't make them a racist, its just that some MMA fans cannot stand to see a confident black man. Its why floyd was hated, jones hated, and IA is hated. White folks will love you as long as you put your head down, don't look them in the eye and "know your place" around them. As soon as you see yourself as an equal or better, the hate comes out. They don't like seeing young black or latino men with confidence, a lot of it is insecurity because those type guys don't have any confidence. 

7 days ago
4/11/11
D241 -

I find that people who tend to play the race card are people who are no strangers to also playing the victim card.  The two come hand in hand.

They're close minded.  They think they're the only ones who have been treated unfairly.  They dwell in the ditches instead of rising above.

Exactly. Victim mentality. Entitled mentality. 

7 days ago
4/11/11
MasterofMartialArts -

I don’t think that tweet from LT was meant to say “if you don’t like Stylebender, you’re racist”. He means that race absolutely plays a part in popularity and acceptance in MMA, which I tend to agree with. I think it is a factor here, albeit a small one. 

If that was true, Muhammad Ali wouldn't be as adored as he was amongst white people.

6/28/10

It's true

7 days ago
7/18/11
El Bandito -

It doesn't make them a racist, its just that some MMA fans cannot stand to see a confident black man. Its why floyd was hated, jones hated, and IA is hated. White folks will love you as long as you put your head down, don't look them in the eye and "know your place" around them. As soon as you see yourself as an equal or better, the hate comes out. They don't like seeing young black or latino men with confidence, a lot of it is insecurity because those type guys don't have any confidence. 

Whatever you say bandito.

7 days ago
6/17/16
El Bandito -

Floyd is so hated he makes more money than almost any living human when he goes to work and the guy has a long history of doing some shady shit nd is till a celebrated celebrity that gets paid boatloads of cash every time he steps in the ring.

I just don't see a massive crowd of racists lined up to hate on the guy.

7 days ago
9/2/10

Yeah the hatred for Jones is definitely because he's black, nothing whatsoever to do with the fact he's a fucking juicing scumbag.

Luke Thomas is a cunt as well.