Who has said a high level striker can’t make it in MMA? Lol

This 

8 days ago
5/29/18

Lol wut

8 days ago
4/14/16

Well, everyone scuks the nuts of wrestlers, so i understand OP point

Its always beautiful when a wrestler gets FUcked up with their shit striking ala Machida-Rasahd or Silva Sonnen II (esp after first fight)

Strikers make the mma world go round

8 days ago
5/17/13

Don’t forget Dan Hooker

8 days ago
7/27/11
CloakedStar -
Seats Taken -

This 

Fucking everyone. Literally, the striker vs grappler meta has been harped on by every dork who practices BJJ once a week since the beginning of MMA. There are entire video topics dedicated to this. 

Shit, look at what happened to Saki for example. People entirely wrote off strikers and kickboxers just because of his performance.

Im not making this up, this is well documented.

8 days ago
7/27/11
rainbow pants -

Its always beautiful when a wrestler gets FUcked up with their shit striking ala Machida-Rasahd or Silva Sonnen II (esp after first fight)

Yep. 

With Izzy winning, just watch. Aussies, Kiwis, and Dutchmen are going to be looking at MMA with fresh eyes. Kickboxers have never really considered MMA a viable career, however I feel that won’t be the case much longer. Izzy is a trailblazer, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more high level strikers enter into MMA and dominate.

And fyi, Izzy is a blue belt who has been wrestling for maybe two years btw. 

8 days ago
12/9/18
rainbow pants -

Lol when will the retards realize that everyone trains everything and has been doing so for years? Plenty of wrestlers have elite standup and plenty of strikes have elite takedown defense. Strikers have been getting knocked out for years by wrestlers and wrestlers have been getting stuffed and knocked out by strikers for just as long. It is called mixed martial arts after all, the top guys are good everywhere. People “suck wrestlers nuts” because 6/8 champs are wrestlers. Numbers speak for themselves 

Edited: 8 days ago
12/9/18
Uhtred Ragnarson -
rainbow pants -

Yep. 

With Izzy winning, just watch. Aussies, Kiwis, and Dutchmen are going to be looking at MMA with fresh eyes. Kickboxers have never really considered MMA a viable career, however I feel that won’t be the case much longer. Izzy is a trailblazer, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more high level strikers enter into MMA and dominate.

If you think Israel’s first fight was in 2012 but he has only been wrestling for 2 years then you have a double digit IQ. Israel is good everywhere 

8 days ago
7/27/11
CloakedStar -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
rainbow pants -

Yep. 

If you think Israel’s first fight was in 2012 but he has only been wrestling for 2 years then you have a double digit IQ. Israel is good everywhere 

Wrestling seriously. Two years ago he was kickboxing. 

If you genuinely think he was cross training as heavily heavily as you’re implying for close to 7 years you likely have a double digit IQ.

8 days ago
7/27/11
CloakedStar -
rainbow pants -

Lol when will the retards realize that everyone trains everything and has been doing so for years? Plenty of wrestlers have elite standup and plenty of strikes have elite takedown defense. Strikers have been getting knocked out for years by wrestlers and wrestlers have been getting stuffed and knocked out by strikers for just as long. It is called mixed martial arts after all, the top guys are good everywhere. People “suck wrestlers nuts” because 6/8 champs are wrestlers. Numbers speak for themselves 

Exhibit A here folks. 

Completely dismiss Adesanya’s striking background, while recognize the stylistic backgrounds of the other champions. 

Youd make a horrible attorney. As a matter of fact, I’m done with this. Your argumentative skills are as abysmal as your writing ability. 

You seem like the type who wants to get the last word in, so feel free to. I don’t give a shit, because it won’t be worthy of a response.

8 days ago
9/19/19

Saki got K.O'd by a guy who picked up MMA as a hobby to lose weight at 25

8 days ago
7/24/14
Uhtred Ragnarson -
CloakedStar -
rainbow pants -

Exhibit A here folks. 

Completely dismiss Adesanya’s striking background, while recognize the stylistic backgrounds of the other champions. 

Youd make a horrible attorney. As a matter of fact, I’m done with this. Your argumentative skills are as abysmal as your writing ability. 

You seem like the type who wants to get the last word in, so feel free to. I don’t give a shit, because it won’t be worthy of a response.

OPs response to this guy is nothing more than ad hominem.

OP you need to pump the breaks. Israel is amazing but he hasn’t faced an elite level wrestler. Dereck Brunson is the most elite level wrestler isreal has faced and Brunson has only landed 25% of his takedowns in mma. When/if  Izzy fights Yoel Romero or Chris Weidman types then it will be hard to argue. 

Also anyone that said a highlevel striker can’t make it in MMA likely said that closer to 5+ years ago. MMA is a hugely evolving sport since it is just finishing its infancy. 

8 days ago
9/26/10

i get it, but daniel cormier and jon jones, 2 of the best fighters ever. top 5, i'd say, are both wrestlers who happen to have ridiculously good striking. 

of course strikers can make it

machida

silva

shogun

8 days ago
7/30/03

GSP would wreck Adesanya with great grappling. Adesanya never beat the champ and that's a fact.

8 days ago
10/25/02

Anderson, Aldo, chuck, mcgregor, Holloway etc all disagree 

8 days ago
9/24/18

oP iS a FuCkiNg MorOn

8 days ago
11/8/09

That was a sweet entrance. Reminded me of some old school Genki Sudo. Genki was/is a better dance though. 

As for the point of the thread, I’ll choose not to interact with the op on this one because of the stupid way he made the title. I think my thirteen year old daughter does stuff like that. 

8 days ago
7/27/11
ufc98newb -

i get it, but daniel cormier and jon jones, 2 of the best fighters ever. top 5, i'd say, are both wrestlers who happen to have ridiculously good striking. 

of course strikers can make it

machida

silva

shogun

Describing Jon and DCs striking as ridiculously good is ridiculous at best, downright offensive at worst. 

8 days ago
7/27/11
DollawayGotFistedByAPillow -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
CloakedStar -
rainbow pants -

Exhibit A here folks. 

OP you need to pump the breaks. Israel is amazing but he hasn’t faced an elite level wrestler. Dereck Brunson is the most elite level wrestler isreal has faced and Brunson has only landed 25% of his takedowns in mma. When/if  Izzy fights Yoel Romero or Chris Weidman types then it will be hard to argue. 

Also anyone that said a highlevel striker can’t make it in MMA likely said that closer to 5+ years ago. MMA is a hugely evolving sport since it is just finishing its infancy. 

Lol. Weidman would get buried. And Yoel just lost to the number one contender. 

But...but...but...wrassling!!!

8 days ago
6/28/10
Uhtred Ragnarson -
CloakedStar -
Seats Taken -

This 

Fucking everyone. Literally, the striker vs grappler meta has been harped on by every dork who practices BJJ once a week since the beginning of MMA. There are entire video topics dedicated to this. 

Shit, look at what happened to Saki for example. People entirely wrote off strikers and kickboxers just because of his performance.

Im not making this up, this is well documented.

Are you saying last night was a striker vs wrestler? Go clean your moms room, she lets you live there for free.

8 days ago
10/8/08
they can make in mma just need right match up
8 days ago
7/24/14
Uhtred Ragnarson -
DollawayGotFistedByAPillow -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
CloakedStar -
rainbow pants -

Exhibit A here folks. 

Lol. Weidman would get buried. And Yoel just lost to the number one contender. 

But...but...but...wrassling!!!

Styles make fights.

do you know how mma works?