UnderGround Forums why guys like Cejudo can NEVER be the goat

7 days ago
10/14/02
simple reason is size and talent pool

the talent pool for those weight classes is super small in mma
because countries that have a lot of small people and a fighting a culture are not really into mma that much(other then japan)...

mexico and thailand are good examples
both produce tough fighters in different but related sports
barely anyone in those countries cares much about mma...

even in boxing the talent pool at smaller weight classes under 135 pounds is VERY small compared to say 160 pound weight class
Edited: 7 days ago
1/1/01
"because countries that have a lot of small people and a fighting a culture are not really into mma that much"

Japan?
Ireland? Cuba? Mexico?
7 days ago
10/26/05

There aren't any 125 fighter worth a shit, but 135 has a ton talent. If he runs through Aljo, garbrandt, Munoz, Cruz, Yan, Assuncao, etc... Thats a murderer's row. 

7 days ago
10/14/02
chupecabre - 

There aren't any 125 fighter worth a shit, but 135 has a ton talent. If he runs through Aljo, garbrandt, Munoz, Cruz, Yan, Assuncao, etc... Thats a murderer's row. 

your right there actually

7 days ago
10/14/02
FatBuddha - "because countries that have a lot of small people and a fighting a culture are not really into mma that much"

Japan?
Ireland? Cuba? Mexico?

1. i mentioned japan

2. the irish are not a small people

3. you know cubans are not small for the most part but there are some
but here is something you may not know cuba is communist lol

4. mexico, barely anyone cares there about mma there
its soccer and boxing there
7 days ago
12/5/15

Mexico only has small ppl in mexico though, california has them average to above average. Not counting recent immigrants.

7 days ago
10/14/02
bobmanll - 

Mexico only has small ppl in mexico though, california has them average to above average. Not counting recent immigrants.

that is a good point you get a lot of bigger dudes there then mexico
but its only one state...again a really tiny talent pool when you look at the world

korea is a place that can have a lot of potential for smaller fighters
as they already have good judo, decent boxing, some wrestling and of course the tkd

6 days ago
5/17/01

I'm sick of hearing fighters call themselves the greatest of all time.

Even if you ARE the proven best now, that doesn't erase history that you can't rewrite.

Call yourself champion if you are champion. Let fans and pundits debate your place in history. Henry shouting he's the GOAT is embarrassing. That's for others to say.

6 days ago
7/29/02
he should fight cormier to prove it
6 days ago
2/17/03
Quality of competition was and is the best knock against MM. At the end of the day, wins over Dodson and Benavidez just don't look as good as wins over Frankie Edgar/Chad Mendes/Faber; BJ Penn/Matt Hughes/Jon fitch; Hendo/Chael/Franklin; DC/Gus/Shogun; or Nog/Cro Cop/Sylvia.

However, 135 is different than 125. Right now, Cejudo's top 3 wins are TJ/MM/and Marlon. That's a DAMN good list. 135 also has Cody, Cruz, Sterling, Rivera, etc. Starting a run would put Cejudo on a strong path.
6 days ago
10/8/13

Mighty Mouse, TJ Dillashaw, and Marlon Moraes might actually be the greatest 3 fight win streak ever. A p4p GOAT, an epo fueled champion, and a #1 contender who himself had a good win streak. I don't care about the SD or who thinks MM won that fight.  

6 days ago
1/17/15

Bobblehead midget can never be the goat

6 days ago
6/17/16

But can he be a pygmy goat?

6 days ago
6/17/16

6 days ago
11/12/11

I've always thought if you really are the GOAT (in any sport) it's not you who starts to voice that opinion.

6 days ago
11/12/11
Target_the_Gash -

Haha - he's great.

6 days ago
6/17/16
FOX Force Five -

I've always thought if you really are the GOAT (in any sport) it's not you who starts to voice that opinion.

Sounds like a good start.

6 days ago
6/20/11

Too many losses to make that claim at 2 title fight wins. If he goes at 45 and does it u would say yes.

6 days ago
1/19/12

Smaller weight guys can’t really be goat. It’s so much harder in the heavier weight classes to always be on top. At any time one glancing blow can know you out. You don’t have that same threat in the mini-man weight classes.

6 days ago
11/9/18
chupecabre -

He will

6 days ago
10/20/10

Stick with boxing, man.

6 days ago
9/24/12
FatBuddha - "because countries that have a lot of small people and a fighting a culture are not really into mma that much"

Japan?
Ireland? Cuba? Mexico?

Ireland? What the sweet fuck are you talking about. The Average height of an Irish Male is 5'10". Do you believe Leprechauns are real or something??

6 days ago
10/14/02
NastyNate420 - 

Stick with boxing, man.

yeah i should done that before doing bjj for over 10 years
6 days ago
10/14/02
Johnzandt - 
FatBuddha - "because countries that have a lot of small people and a fighting a culture are not really into mma that much"

Japan?
Ireland? Cuba? Mexico?

Ireland? What the sweet fuck are you talking about. The Average height of an Irish Male is 5'10". Do you believe Leprechauns are real or something??

hahahaha yeah i found that odd

maybe he thanks ireland is an island in asia next to china

6 days ago
10/14/02
NastyNate420 - 

Stick with boxing, man.

yeah i should have done that before doing bjj for over 10 years

but your welcome to inform us all with your amazing knowledge of mma
which you have shown zero of so far in this thread