What if ... Ads in the iPhone app?????

11/2/12 11:29 AM
8/4/10

Ads on the app again...that's obnoxious. I've pretty much accepted you guys are determined to have them in there, but putting them where the Next and Last page buttons were is a douche move. This site is already loaded with shit and now an app I paid for has apps in every thread. That's fantastic.

Oh well, just thought I'd get my 2 cents in before my bluename expires in 3 days and my opinion no longer matters.

11/2/12 12:04 PM
3/2/07
disbeliever -
BravoPUA -  Any update?

Haven't seen them for a bit Phone Post

Asking about the ads
Yes. Haven't seen the ads in the last several hours.

Is there any update on why they were up. Why there are down. Why we were told they were going down after a weekend, then added back. And why they seem to be down again.

And agree with putting add where buttons normally are.

Total dick move, trying to get a few more clicks from people accidentally hitting them. Phone Post
11/3/12 12:21 AM
3/2/07
SonOfThePeepHole - 
disbeliever -
SonOfThePeepHole -  this site is a joke, there are better sites with less invasive ads that are better kept with NO rediculous pay gate.

the reason this pay gate still exists is because you people still pay to see fapout... Phone Post

You don't even have a blue name, so I fail to see why this is why you feel the "site is a joke".
And what exactly does a blue name get me thats of any value?

I have paid for the iphone and android app but still see ads, if i had a blue name i would still see ads in the app and on the site?

So again whats a blue for except for lining KirIks pocket? Phone Post

it use to be to support the site, and even something similar to what I do on my (small) forum

but

I dont have ANY ads on it

now that they are forcing them down our throats- the "support the site" mindset is going away fast

I just can't wrap my head around this way of thinking

people come to a site= make it awesome

site gets good page rank

start selling ads to make $$

and not take care of the guys who helped get it to this point, make it less and less user friendly

until you get to the point that it's annoying

then ignore members- or lie to them about

-typed as I was forced to constantly look at a HORRIBLE flash ad for LAB TESTING

JUST what I want to see while I am typing this out- just the right of the screen

-I've been around since submission fighting- not some new guys who just likes to bitch for the sake of bitching
11/3/12 12:22 AM
3/2/07
Ive also notching the site is slowing down

taking too long to load flash ads- g+ twitter and facebook buttons
11/3/12 2:05 AM
3/2/07
I tell my students to come to this site

Ive said it during talks- some on youtube have quite a few views

the OG is hilarious- and great MAN advice

-but think a lot of this stuff- ads- are being implemented by guys who dont use the site, so they dont care about fucking up the user experience

thats why I dont put this crap on my site- it would piss ME off, and my guys

the reason I am bitching so much/ so passionate about this, is I love this fucking place

so I take it personally when guys fuck it up!
11/3/12 3:09 AM
6/4/11
My brother is an app developer. Most people find the ads very annoying and the payout is really, really low. It’s kind of a chicken and egg too bc you need users to use the app multiple times, but if they find the ads annoying they won’t. I don’t have proof for this, just my two cents from talking to lots of developers and their experience.
11/3/12 9:24 PM
3/2/07
still havent got an official explanation about why the ads were back

:(
11/4/12 2:52 AM
2/14/11
TTT Phone Post
11/4/12 8:32 AM
3/2/07
And now I'm vote down because of this thread??

I am fighting for THE PEOPLE!!! Phone Post
11/4/12 10:53 AM
11/2/11
Darth Ryase -

Ads on the app again...that's obnoxious. I've pretty much accepted you guys are determined to have them in there, but putting them where the Next and Last page buttons were is a douche move. This site is already loaded with shit and now an app I paid for has apps in every thread. That's fantastic.

Oh well, just thought I'd get my 2 cents in before my bluename expires in 3 days and my opinion no longer matters.

Haha you really think your opinion matters because your blue?

They don't care regardless. The mentality of this site changed significantly over the last 3-4 years. Phone Post
11/4/12 11:43 AM
2/14/11
I keep toying with the idea of going blue but it just doesn't seem to be good value. Phone Post
11/4/12 11:56 AM
12/17/10
BravoPUA -
SonOfThePeepHole - 
disbeliever -
SonOfThePeepHole -  this site is a joke, there are better sites with less invasive ads that are better kept with NO rediculous pay gate.

the reason this pay gate still exists is because you people still pay to see fapout... Phone Post

You don't even have a blue name, so I fail to see why this is why you feel the "site is a joke".
And what exactly does a blue name get me thats of any value?

I have paid for the iphone and android app but still see ads, if i had a blue name i would still see ads in the app and on the site?

So again whats a blue for except for lining KirIks pocket? Phone Post

it use to be to support the site, and even something similar to what I do on my (small) forum

but

I dont have ANY ads on it

now that they are forcing them down our throats- the "support the site" mindset is going away fast

I just can't wrap my head around this way of thinking

people come to a site= make it awesome

site gets good page rank

start selling ads to make $$

and not take care of the guys who helped get it to this point, make it less and less user friendly

until you get to the point that it's annoying

then ignore members- or lie to them about

-typed as I was forced to constantly look at a HORRIBLE flash ad for LAB TESTING

JUST what I want to see while I am typing this out- just the right of the screen

-I've been around since submission fighting- not some new guys who just likes to bitch for the sake of bitching
What's your site ? Phone Post
11/4/12 7:46 PM
3/2/07
click my name- my profile has it in it

not linking here- dont even want anyone to think I am spinning this into a advert for me

(search my name here and read the PoF thread where tons of guys got laid with my advice)
11/5/12 9:07 AM
3/2/07
TTT for answers! Phone Post
11/5/12 9:24 AM
2/14/11
BravoPUA - TTT for answers! Phone Post
Yeah!! I'm still interested in the responses.

I thought a MOD was looking into this? He's probably buried in the Nevada Desert for uncovering 'the truth'!! Phone Post
11/5/12 10:57 AM
1/1/01
Ads on a paid app are uncool. Shame cos Assassins Creed looked interesting but now I won't buy it out of principle.
11/5/12 11:04 AM
2/14/11
disbeliever -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

I thought a MOD was looking into this? He's probably buried in the Nevada Desert for uncovering 'the truth'!! Phone Post

I was looking into it, and still am. And despite being the only one responding to all of you, I got voted down on this thread.

So much for helping out eh?
I haven't voted you down dude. I wasn't having a go, just hasn't heard anything for a while :) Phone Post
11/5/12 11:30 AM
3/2/07
disbeliever -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

I was looking into it, and still am. And despite being the only one responding to all of you, I got voted down on this thread.

4 days for an answer is crazy.

Let alone 4 days for you.

I and others feel like we are getting the run around. So not surprised votes down. Phone Post
11/5/12 12:25 PM
2/14/11
disbeliever -
suess - 

you're defending this place, not specifically the ads.  you're defending their slow or complete lack of a response, i should say.  

management is ignoring the problem, sleeping on a pile of dollar bills.  i must say i'm surprised, as kirik is usually pretty quick to address any customer service issues. 

You specifically said I was "defending this place about the ads", which I wasn't. So you were just bitching at me to bitch, and wrong, despite me trying to help?

I love this mentality. I honestly came in here trying to give answers and offer to look into things for people, and I get accused of defending what your bitching about (despite never once doing that) and voted down.
I think you're being a little sensitive. In regards to your help I do appreciate it.

What's the process you have to follow to get an answer and what's a reasonable eta for an answer?

I think if you helped manage expectations folk would chill. : ) Phone Post
11/5/12 12:26 PM
1/1/01
I will vote you up to make up for it. I appreciate your efforts
11/5/12 12:42 PM
3/2/07
disbeliever -
BravoPUA - 
disbeliever -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

4 days for an answer is crazy.

Let alone 4 days for you.

I and others feel like we are getting the run around. So not surprised votes down. Phone Post

You do realize everyone of us doesn't sit around on a PC 24/7 and have lives, right? People have vacations, commitments etc.

It's good to know you feel that way though, that the guy who doesn't own the site or make the calls tries to offer help in tracking down an answer and you feel what you deem a slow turn around deserves a vote down. I won't be rushing in to try and answer your questions anymore.
Man you are jumping the gun

I pointed out that 4 days for them to answer you was crazy.

And 4 days and how long since the start of this thread, for an official answer....?

Not an answer that turned out to not be correct. "Weekends"

The "lives" and not on here 24/7 line is bullshit.

This is their business. You handle business and customer service issues in a timely manner.

I do everything on my site by myself. Get hit up from every avenue (email, pms, FB twitter, ims, comments on my site in the wrong section, and my forum) and answer everything ASAP. So have no pity when others , with staff, don't.

The fact that they treat paying customers like this- insert ads into a previously purchased app, then ignore = all add up to a big F U to a once happy customer. Phone Post
11/5/12 4:46 PM
8/22/02
I think Disbeliever is trolling you guys. Disbeliever I'm sure you've tried to contact the powers that be to provide assistance on this thread but I don't see how getting defensive and nitpicking the comments of the people complaining is helping anyone. This thread has gone off the rails and there still isn't any REAL response from the guys in charge.

11/5/12 5:37 PM
1/1/01
Chareth Cutestory - Ads in a paid app is a total dick move.
I agree. I saw them on the andrroid app and was like WTF, I accidentally clicked on trying to scroll! Phone Post
11/5/12 8:11 PM
3/2/07
TTT for answers
11/6/12 9:10 AM
3/2/07
I've felt like you've nitpicked.

Really, IMO. With paying customers, the only response should have been-

Will look into.

Then post back with an official response.

From my perspective, I've had ads shoved down my throat, been lied to about how long they would last, had them shoved down again, then had an official representative of the company not be very professional -eg "bitch for the sake of bitching" comment. =Which I don't.

You are seeing it from your perspective, and there could be some stuff that we don't know about behind the scenes. But if no one lets us know, not our fault.

I just want an official explanation why they were added in the first place, why they were put back up- we were then told JUST FOR THE WEEKEND, then they have been up since.

I also want to know if they are coming back up- how to get a refund, because that wasn't the product I originally purchased. Phone Post