What if ... Anyone still believe the Spherical Earth Theory?

12/9/17 10:51 AM
6/13/09
Sagiv Lapkin - 
Redneck - 

sicko, thanks for your post, I appreciate what you said. However I did not just come here after a long absence to post something stupid to get some reactions. I have been researching this for a long time and personally I am still on the fence about it, pending further evidence from either side. 

That being said, it does seem far more logical to me that we do live on a Flat Earth and that all of the data we are given to believe otherwise, is manipulated. But if anyone can convince me of otherwise, I'm all ears and eyes. 

Manipulated by whom, and to what end?

Manipulated by the mysterious conspiratorial "they" that the hardcore conspiretards often refer to but never quite define.

Edited: 12/9/17 10:51 AM
2/15/06
How can you fly around the world if the earth is flat? Wouldn't you then fly off into space?

The military flew around the world in 1924. A civilian flight did it in 1986.

The Rutan Model 76 Voyager was the first aircraft to fly around the world without stopping or refueling. It was piloted by Dick Rutan and Jeana Yeager. The flight took off from Edwards Air Force Base's 15,000 foot (4,600 m) runway in the Mojave Desert on December 14, 1986, and ended 9 days, 3 minutes and 44 seconds later on December 23, setting a flight endurance record. The aircraft flew westerly 26,366 statute miles (42,432 km; the FAI accredited distance is 40,212 km)[1] at an average altitude of 11,000 feet (3,350 m).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutan_Voyager
12/9/17 10:52 AM
11/20/12

Slow on ey.com lately?

12/9/17 10:54 AM
6/13/09

Redneck coming back to the OG as a flat earther. 

I can't imagine anything more hilarious.

I see you have picked up some valuable theories over at EY.com

12/9/17 10:55 AM
11/20/12

Redneck, do you subscribe to the most widely accepted flat Earth model?

12/9/17 10:57 AM
2/25/13
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode - 

Slow on ey.com lately?

the site is dead.

there are only a handful of active posters.

more alt accounts than real accounts

even the CTards there left for masa's site
12/9/17 11:01 AM
1/1/01
StrikingMMA -
Akkadian88 - 

I guess red bull is in on it too.

https://chivethebrigade.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/lead-red-bull-space-jump-920-210.jpg

This is a bad one to use because they were using a fish eye lens. Obviously not to trick anyone but simply for effect.
12/9/17 11:23 AM
1/1/01
Redneck - 
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
Redneck - 

/thread

The Moon is a disk that spins like a wheel, which is why we only ever see the front of it. It is also why the face on the Moon changes angle at various points of it's rotation.

Then why don't we EVER see it spinning? Fuck you even said that in the OP lol...

the Moon and the stars all manage to spin in time so that we don't see any movement.

Demonstrate mathematically how the moon can be simultaneously viewed to be at a 180 degree difference from two positions on a flat surface. THE ONLY MODEL THAT CAN EXPLAIN THIS IS...

You can easily see it spinning if you observe it at different points of it's rotation. Some people see a rabbit leaning forward, others see a rabbit curled up, others again see a face.

lower right looks like a rabbit plowing a sweet ass doggie style
12/9/17 11:25 AM
2/15/06
PoiuPoiu - 
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode - 

Slow on ey.com lately?

the site is dead.

there are only a handful of active posters.

more alt accounts than real accounts

even the CTards there left for masa's site

Who is Masa?
12/9/17 11:31 AM
7/7/11

12/9/17 11:59 AM
8/29/09
jscorbett -
jscorbett - What I can't wrap my head around, I posted a year or so ago, is this:

Having been involved in construction, I learned the importance of level lines in building. There are piles of references to using water for leveling projects. Given the formula for the slope of the earth, which water would have to follow, the slope would be 1/8 in at 10 ft of run (if I remember my math correctly). I don't know any carpenter that would allow such a deviation.

Its approximately 8 inches per mile, so in ten feet it is 0.01515152 inches.

PS if you have been in construction you should know that long structures like mega bridges actually are built using supports that are aligned to the curvature of the earth. 

And on a longer line of run, like say a building that is 200 feet long, the slope would be on both ends of the leveling line if water is used. That would certainly be unacceptable.

Over 200 feet it would be 1/4" of earth curvature.  Or in other words, you'd be an 1/8" high in the center if you followed the curvature in the middle.  I think on most construction projects you'd be in the acceptable range.  

12/9/17 12:29 PM
1/1/01
Bad Monkey -
jscorbett -
jscorbett - What I can't wrap my head around, I posted a year or so ago, is this:

Having been involved in construction, I learned the importance of level lines in building. There are piles of references to using water for leveling projects. Given the formula for the slope of the earth, which water would have to follow, the slope would be 1/8 in at 10 ft of run (if I remember my math correctly). I don't know any carpenter that would allow such a deviation.

Its approximately 8 inches per mile, so in ten feet it is 0.01515152 inches.

PS if you have been in construction you should know that long structures like mega bridges actually are built using supports that are aligned to the curvature of the earth. 

And on a longer line of run, like say a building that is 200 feet long, the slope would be on both ends of the leveling line if water is used. That would certainly be unacceptable.

Over 200 feet it would be 1/4" of earth curvature.  Or in other words, you'd be an 1/8" high in the center if you followed the curvature in the middle.  I think on most construction projects you'd be in the acceptable range.  

Disagree
12/9/17 12:45 PM
9/3/12
Serious question, what fuels the flat earth theory? Does it help their religious beliefs?
12/9/17 12:45 PM
2/28/12
OP has more than a couple screws loose and has now been thoroughly discredited.
12/9/17 12:48 PM
10/4/14
Soup and Beer -
StrikingMMA -
Akkadian88 - 

https://chivethebrigade.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/lead-red-bull-space-jump-920-210.jpg

This is a bad one to use because they were using a fish eye lens. Obviously not to trick anyone but simply for effect.

Fish eye lens or not, that shit is not flat. Flat earthers are a strange bunch. Shoot Redneck into space and he still wouldn’t believe it’s round. It’s a mental disorder. 

12/9/17 12:49 PM
6/13/09
Green Vermonster - OP has more than a couple screws loose and has now been thoroughly discredited.

Indeed

12/9/17 12:53 PM
10/4/14
Redneck -
Phuckles -
Redneck -

sicko, thanks for your post, I appreciate what you said. However I did not just come here after a long absence to post something stupid to get some reactions. I have been researching this for a long time and personally I am still on the fence about it, pending further evidence from either side. 

That being said, it does seem far more logical to me that we do live on a Flat Earth and that all of the data we are given to believe otherwise, is manipulated. But if anyone can convince me of otherwise, I'm all ears and eyes. 

If the earth if flat, what is below it.

If the earth is flat, why can't you go to the edge?

I don't know what is below it, only that all the evidence sugests that we live on a flat Earth.

We can't go to the edge because it is protected by UN no go zones and Military presence.

What we call the South pole is really an ice wall that surrounds us, which is why there are strict no go zones.

Like I said. Mental disorder. 

12/9/17 1:15 PM
1/1/01
Uli Kunkel -
Soup and Beer -
StrikingMMA -
Akkadian88 - 

Fish eye lens or not, that shit is not flat. Flat earthers are a strange bunch. Shoot Redneck into space and he still wouldn’t believe it’s round. It’s a mental disorder. 

Right, but I used this same picture in an argument with a flat earther that I know. He pointed out that it was a fish eye lens which turned out to be true. So all it did was reaffirm his believe that I didn't know what I was talking about. I was just saying that it's good to know this before trying to debate a flat earther if you use this photo as proof.
12/9/17 1:17 PM
8/18/13

TTT 

12/9/17 1:25 PM
1/1/01
I like your threads and theories. I dont believe in the flat earth theory though
12/9/17 1:26 PM
12/20/10
Butch Blows GA's Dawg -

Why is earth the only flat planet? Why is no other planet we can see flat?

I got this one guys

Imagine a coin spinning on a table,, it looks round but actually it's not. ALL of the planets are like this,, they just look round. They are spinning so far away you cannot see the edges with the naked eye or even the best telescopes mankind has every created. Try it on a table, take out a quarter and flick it, get a good flick in. Step back 15 paces turn around 180 degrees and look between your legs,,you should be able to see Uranus is flat

12/9/17 1:27 PM
7/14/08

The ancient Greeks, who figured out the Earth was spherical, believed Zeus fucked chicks while disguised as an animal. And they had more common sense than many people these days. 

12/9/17 1:29 PM
1/7/08

There is a South Pole, there is a North Pole, therefor the Earth is NOT flat.  The end.

12/9/17 1:30 PM
7/12/15
Soup and Beer -
StrikingMMA -
Akkadian88 - 

If the fish eye were responsible for that much distortion of the earth then everything else in the photo would be just as distorted.
12/9/17 1:50 PM
1/1/01
StankieEdgar -
Soup and Beer -
StrikingMMA -
Akkadian88 - 

If the fish eye were responsible for that much distortion of the earth then everything else in the photo would be just as distorted.
Most of the distortion is around the edges. You can see the curvature gets more severe around the left side of the pic. It's an obvious fish eye lens effect. If it weren't then the earth would be oblong lol. But as I said, they did this to take in more of the view, not as an attempt of deception. Unfortunately though the flat earthers use this as "evidence" of a conspiracy.