11/16/15 2:44 PM
12/9/13
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
11/16/15 2:46 PM
5/21/11
brutal
11/16/15 2:47 PM
4/5/14
Here's an interesting post on Reddit about the audio from each corner.

If you purchased the PPV through UFC.tv (Fight Pass), I encourage you to go and re-watch the fight while listening to the audio feeds from both corners. I've done it a handful of times today and I'm hearing new things each time. Here are a few interesting tidbits:

Rousey's Corner
Edmond's advice during the fight is completely braindead. He's constantly praising her and telling her that she's doing well, regardless of how many time Holm smashes that straight left into Rousey's mouth.

His main piece of substantive advice is to shout "Discipline!" and to tell her to keep her hands up. (Thanks, coach!)

Whenever Ronda is in serious trouble, Edmond says absolutely nothing. Nothing. When Ronda's stunned, he goes silent. When Holm takes Ronda down, he goes silent. In the last ~15 seconds of the fight, as Ronda's flailing around, then getting stunned, and then getting kicked in the head, it's just dead air. This is not a coach who has helpful things to say when the chips are down. Just brutal.

When Ronda's regaining minimal consciousness, she's very resistant. Herb Dean asks Edmond to talk to Ronda to try to help her settle. Herb specifically says: "Talk to her. Be honest." I found the "be honest" part interesting.

Ronda, clearly dazed, has a very difficult time accepting what's going on. She insists that she's not been knocked out and that she's "fine." When she's instructed to sit on the stool, she declines because she'd like to "get back in there." It's really sad and hard to listen to.

Holm's Corner
Listening to Holm's corner puts the terribleness of Rousey's corner work into perspective. Izzy Martinez does a lot of useless positive screaming, but he also says some helpful stuff and calls out some specific instructions in tense moments. Almost everything from Wink and Jackson is substantive and helpful.

After the fight, Izzy is positively freaking the fuck out. He cannot contain himself. At one point (to Rogan, I think) he "promises" that "Yair is next," referring to Yair Rodriguez. (For those who don't know, Rodriguez has been regularly training at Jackson's for a while now.)

After the win, when they're standing around watching the replay, Jackson goes "Hey, look at that ground and pound! She did the monkey!" LOL.

Jackson said something hard to discern that sounds very interesting. They're describing some of Holm's excellent work in and getting out of the clinch, and Jackson says: "remember, don't mention that behind the head [mumble]" to anybody. I can't tell what, exactly, he's referring to. But it sounds like it's supposed to be a secret! Any thoughts?
If you have the chance, go and check out the corners' audio streams. There's good stuff in there!

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/3sz1ed/spoiler_a_few_interesting_things_overheard_from/
11/16/15 2:51 PM
11/30/11
Yikes..props to her for wanting to get back in there by default after getting shut off like that.
She's got a fighter spirit there's no question about that..

Sometimes I forget about the different degrees of getting knocked out, that was a
"Shutdown", not a "restart". She's got to be concussed..

How"d you get that audio? Vu Phone Post 3.0
11/16/15 2:50 PM
7/12/15
Jabber - Here's an interesting post on Reddit about the audio from each corner.

If you purchased the PPV through UFC.tv (Fight Pass), I encourage you to go and re-watch the fight while listening to the audio feeds from both corners. I've done it a handful of times today and I'm hearing new things each time. Here are a few interesting tidbits:

Rousey's Corner
Edmond's advice during the fight is completely braindead. He's constantly praising her and telling her that she's doing well, regardless of how many time Holm smashes that straight left into Rousey's mouth.

His main piece of substantive advice is to shout "Discipline!" and to tell her to keep her hands up. (Thanks, coach!)

Whenever Ronda is in serious trouble, Edmond says absolutely nothing. Nothing. When Ronda's stunned, he goes silent. When Holm takes Ronda down, he goes silent. In the last ~15 seconds of the fight, as Ronda's flailing around, then getting stunned, and then getting kicked in the head, it's just dead air. This is not a coach who has helpful things to say when the chips are down. Just brutal.

When Ronda's regaining minimal consciousness, she's very resistant. Herb Dean asks Edmond to talk to Ronda to try to help her settle. Herb specifically says: "Talk to her. Be honest." I found the "be honest" part interesting.

Ronda, clearly dazed, has a very difficult time accepting what's going on. She insists that she's not been knocked out and that she's "fine." When she's instructed to sit on the stool, she declines because she'd like to "get back in there." It's really sad and hard to listen to.

Holm's Corner
Listening to Holm's corner puts the terribleness of Rousey's corner work into perspective. Izzy Martinez does a lot of useless positive screaming, but he also says some helpful stuff and calls out some specific instructions in tense moments. Almost everything from Wink and Jackson is substantive and helpful.

After the fight, Izzy is positively freaking the fuck out. He cannot contain himself. At one point (to Rogan, I think) he "promises" that "Yair is next," referring to Yair Rodriguez. (For those who don't know, Rodriguez has been regularly training at Jackson's for a while now.)

After the win, when they're standing around watching the replay, Jackson goes "Hey, look at that ground and pound! She did the monkey!" LOL.

Jackson said something hard to discern that sounds very interesting. They're describing some of Holm's excellent work in and getting out of the clinch, and Jackson says: "remember, don't mention that behind the head [mumble]" to anybody. I can't tell what, exactly, he's referring to. But it sounds like it's supposed to be a secret! Any thoughts?
If you have the chance, go and check out the corners' audio streams. There's good stuff in there!

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/3sz1ed/spoiler_a_few_interesting_things_overheard_from/

Interesting. Curious to check this out.
11/16/15 2:53 PM
5/31/15
Vtfu awesome. Phone Post 3.0
11/16/15 2:53 PM
4/5/07
Edmond is one creepy greasy fuck
11/16/15 2:54 PM
11/23/10

Rousey's Corner

Holm's Corner

That's an excellent summary.
11/16/15 2:57 PM
2/9/08
Was Rener vocal during the fight? Phone Post 3.0
11/16/15 2:58 PM
3/30/14
God damn she's a tough fighter. Hopefully this humbled her and I can't wait to see how she improves with a real camp/team around her. Phone Post 3.0
11/16/15 3:00 PM
6/2/04
talking to someone right after they got knocked out is the worst. I've cornered a few guys who got knocked out bad, and the 5-10 minutes after the fight are terrible. The worst is when they get over the initial minute of shock, and are talking in completely normal tones, not slurring or mumbling, but they have no clue what's going on. They get upset and ask "why do you keep telling me I got knocked out, I haven't even fought yet."

I've seen people refuse to take off hand wraps, and gloves because they think they're the next fight, and they have to be ready to go. Then you tell them they just fought and got knocked out, and they get mad, tell you that you're a liar, and that you need to stop talking that shit to them before the fight. It's scary shit when it's happening, but makes for fun conversations later.

Another dude who used to post here told me about one of his fights where he heard them yelling "get the stool! get the fucking stool!!" and he thought "great, I made it through the round" and it took a few minutes of sitting there before he realized that he was knocked out.

It honestly reminds me of those videos of people who had their wisdom teeth out and they're talking relatively normally, just saying dumb shit and not understanding what's going on.
11/16/15 3:02 PM
11/20/09

Good breakdown Jabber. I will give that link a click later after work.

11/16/15 3:10 PM
10/27/03

Rousey's Corner

Holm's Corner

Great stuff.

I'm guessing Jackson was referring to the push on the back of the head between the straight that turned Rousey and the headkick KO.

IMO - nothing wrong with it but I can see why Jackson wouldn't want to focus on it.
Edited: 11/16/15 3:13 PM
11/25/10

Holy christ VTFU ...pretty cool.  Makes me think I should get fightpass, didn't know you could choose different audio feeds

11/16/15 3:11 PM
9/27/13
Rickmassmma - talking to someone right after they got knocked out is the worst. I've cornered a few guys who got knocked out bad, and the 5-10 minutes after the fight are terrible. The worst is when they get over the initial minute of shock, and are talking in completely normal tones, not slurring or mumbling, but they have no clue what's going on. They get upset and ask "why do you keep telling me I got knocked out, I haven't even fought yet."

I've seen people refuse to take off hand wraps, and gloves because they think they're the next fight, and they have to be ready to go. Then you tell them they just fought and got knocked out, and they get mad, tell you that you're a liar, and that you need to stop talking that shit to them before the fight. It's scary shit when it's happening, but makes for fun conversations later.

Another dude who used to post here told me about one of his fights where he heard them yelling "get the stool! get the fucking stool!!" and he thought "great, I made it through the round" and it took a few minutes of sitting there before he realized that he was knocked out.

It honestly reminds me of those videos of people who had their wisdom teeth out and they're talking relatively normally, just saying dumb shit and not understanding what's going on.
I remember listening to audio of Migel Torres after the Macdonald fight, dude was fucked up for long time back stage. Felt bad for him. Phone Post 3.0
11/16/15 3:12 PM
9/20/12
Dang...you could hear that engine sputtering. I don't understand how it was reported that she did NOT have a concussion. I'm not a doctor obviously, but she seems concussed to me. Phone Post 3.0
11/16/15 3:19 PM
11/24/11
not trying to say anything negative but the last time edmond had to coach in the cage was ronda/tate 2 in 2013. Sara, Davis, Cat and Bethe fights were won during training camp game plan and ronda's instinct
11/16/15 3:28 PM
7/27/13

Man, I don't like the woman but that made me feel really bad for her  :(

11/16/15 3:31 PM
6/4/14
I found that really difficult to watch/listen to. Ronda may not be liked by many, but she has a fucking warrior's mentality. Props to both fighters.
11/16/15 3:34 PM
10/8/15
I'm glad holly won but my god some of you fucks are disgusting take joy out of seeing Ronda like that.

She puts it on the line each time she steps into that cage, no other fighter had the pressure on them like she has had to endure over the last few years.

She stayed in there and didn't quit u too her body wouldn't let her fight anymore she didn't mentally break and she will no doubt come back and take the belt again. Phone Post 3.0
11/16/15 3:40 PM
10/19/15
. Phone Post 3.0
11/16/15 3:41 PM
2/14/11
Jabber - Here's an interesting post on Reddit about the audio from each corner.

Rousey's Corner

Holm's Corner

Great breakdown, much appreciated, VU.

Taz - VU as always.

Listening to that audio of Ronda and hearing the noise from the crowd really makes you appreciate how confusing it is to come round from a KO like that.

I can appreciate folk not liking Ronda's personality but damn she's a warrior.

I wish her a speedy recovery and hope she changes camps. Phone Post 3.0