OtherGround Forums First Responders - Please help Chopper

11/9/19 6:14 PM
5/4/14
Kickgrappler -

Oh boy. Well I have been here a long time but rarely post. I saw what you and your buddies did for Chopper with that live concert a while back. That was awesome. I'm local to you guys and have seen the news pieces.

I just put another $50 bill in Choppers mailbox (on GFM).

I have never donated to a GFM before, but this is as worthy a cause as I've ever seen. I'll skip a movie out tonight and watch Netflix instead. Easy choice.

If the Ivy Center in Arizona can give Chopper any help at all, along with progressing research, then it's worth it.

War Chopper

Here’s a link to that thread if anyone’s interested. 
https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/amp/OtherGround/Help-me-contact-Killswitch-Engage-Band:2770109

11/9/19 8:06 PM
5/4/14

11/9/19 8:31 PM
10/19/19

prayers for sure sent. no one deserves this.

11/9/19 9:49 PM
1/1/01

TTT

11/9/19 10:46 PM
5/23/07
War Chopper
11/9/19 11:10 PM
5/4/14

11/10/19 2:08 AM
8/25/15
Straydog24 -
ABCTT_delinodeshields -

Donated. Good luck chop.

Thank you D. Miss you bro. 

No stress at all man, best wishes you all you guys x

Edited: 11/10/19 6:55 AM
5/13/17

It’s amazing what the will to live does to people. Step away from yourself and look at it from outside the circle. I’ve seen the movie, I know what happens.

Good luck and Godspeed to Chopper.

You’re  a good man SD. 

11/10/19 10:14 AM
10/20/07
The Salaminzer -

It’s amazing what the will to live does to people. Step away from yourself and look at it from outside the circle. I’ve seen the movie, I know what happens.

You’re  a good man SD. 

Not the time or place to discuss imo, but I believe this is different.   All conventional methods...same ines that would have gotten in US as well, have been tried.  

This is for a new trial method and expenses which he is a candidate for.  

I dont believe it has anything to do with insurance

11/10/19 12:34 PM
5/4/14
Straydog24 -

This was a quote Ryan made during a television interview. He struggled to string these words together but I feel like this quote was the perfect summary of his courage. It is very difficult to hear the change in his voice and to see the physical impact it’s having on him. 

11/10/19 2:00 PM
9/13/08
Straydog24 -
Ze Dano - Stray, is the gofundme the best way to support this?
Also, I thought I saw a site that sold shirts and coins...help a brother out here

Hey brother, the GFM is the best way to support him. I honestly didn’t come here to ask fellow OGers to contribute given the sketchy history they have here. I really just wanted to spread the word through other first responders outside of BC. I’m truly greatful if anyone in here chooses to get involved. 

The generosity from friends, family and the community has been overwhelming. 

The shirts are badass though. I made them more as a way to show support as opposed to fundraising. Everything on the shirt has special meaning to him. The challenge coins and shirts can be bought through the website  https://fightchopper.wordpress.com/

Thanks Ze.  

Not sketchy at all. Will go to the page today. Sorry this is happening to your friend. 

Thanks for posting the link. 

11/10/19 8:25 PM
5/4/14
The Salaminzer -

You’re  a good man SD. 

I understand this perspective but I think this is different as there have been some very promising results from this study. It is outside of traditional North American cancer treatment. My friend will not mortgage the future of his family on a prayer. 

They have a very well thought out and responsible plan for their family. 

11/11/19 11:49 AM
8/2/02
Another First Responder voicing support for our brother in his battle
11/11/19 4:26 PM
11/17/10

ttt

family just did the annual National Brain Tumor Society walk in NYC this past weekend

well wishes for Chopper

11/11/19 4:53 PM
5/4/14

Edited: 11/11/19 6:38 PM
2/29/16
Straydog24 -

Hey fellas. My good friend Ryan “Chopper” is dying from terminal brain cancer. He has exhausted all traditional cancer treatments in Canada. He has qualified for a clinical study at the Ivy Brain Tumour Center in Arizona. Because insurance will not cover the treatment we are trying to raise money to help get his ass on a plane and mitigate the $200,000 cost of treatment.

Did this fella used to work for Correctional Service of Canada back in the day?

Did he work at Mission?

11/11/19 7:01 PM
5/4/14
Mandible_Claw -
Straydog24 -

Hey fellas. My good friend Ryan “Chopper” is dying from terminal brain cancer. He has exhausted all traditional cancer treatments in Canada. He has qualified for a clinical study at the Ivy Brain Tumour Center in Arizona. Because insurance will not cover the treatment we are trying to raise money to help get his ass on a plane and mitigate the $200,000 cost of treatment.

Did he work at Mission?

Yes he did. 

29 days ago
1/13/11
Straydog24 -
Mandible_Claw -
Straydog24 -

Did he work at Mission?

Yes he did. 

And now we know where Mandible Claw was incarcerated.....  

I’m just messing around Mr Claw, take no offense.  Please do not come looking for me, I’m not worth your time. 

29 days ago
2/29/16
IgotMandigoedbyPoiupoiu -
Straydog24 -
Mandible_Claw -
Straydog24 -

Did he work at Mission?

Yes he did. 

I’m just messing around Mr Claw, take no offense.  Please do not come looking for me, I’m not worth your time. 

Haha. No, I'm a cx not a con. Heard someone speak of this last week. 

I think our local union is planning on making a donation to the gfm.

29 days ago
5/4/14
Mandible_Claw -
Straydog24 -
Mandible_Claw -
Straydog24 -

Did he work at Mission?

Yes he did. 

Haha. No, I'm a cx not a con. Heard someone speak of this last week. 

I think our local union is planning on making a donation to the gfm.

Thank you sir. Two of his good friends work at Mission and have spread the word through Corrections. Perhaps it was their message that you received. Thanks for the support MC. 

29 days ago
5/4/14
Straydog24 -
Mandible_Claw -
Straydog24 -

Did he work at Mission?

Yes he did. 

Haha. Exactly what I first thought Sak. Hope you had a good weekend brother. 

29 days ago
1/1/01

wishing the kid the best...God Bless him

29 days ago
8/31/10
Straydog24 -
Straydog24 -
Mandible_Claw -
Straydog24 -

Did he work at Mission?

Yes he did. 

Haha. Exactly what I first thought Sak. Hope you had a good weekend brother. 

Lol!

28 days ago
5/23/07
war chopper
28 days ago
1/13/11

Knuckles up!!!!