What if ... Hacked accounts

1/20/14 8:56 PM
10/18/09
DwadingInSpursTears - It shows delivered at 454pm last Friday. Phone Post 3.0
Wrong thread oops Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 8:57 PM
1/1/01

I'm not saying Mental should be banned.  I am saying Kirik may be screwed no matter what he does.  If he doesn't ban him he gets a lot of negative attention from most of the posters and possibly Dana White.  If he does ban him, Mental will take the whole site down.  lose lose.

Edited: 1/20/14 9:37 PM
11/19/05

So let me get this straight.

Mental has our login names, our user names, our email addresses and what else?

Mental, why in the fuck have you not deleted this stuff even with the UG in an uproar about this?  You can claim non malicious all you want, you have no right to our information, none of us gave you permission to have it.

If you keep that information you absolutely deserve to face federal charges.

P.S.  I'm not at all happy that this is the first time I have heard about this site being hacked and the DB being stolen.  I may be a mod here but I'm also a member and a real person, that information was entrusted to this site, not MentaL.    We should have been told, we have a right to know.

1/20/14 9:38 PM
4/24/12
DreamerMMA - 

Mental, why in the fuck have you not deleted this stuff even with the UG in an uproar about this?  You can claim non malicious all you want, you have no right to our information, none of us gave you permission to have it.

I'm cool with that
1/20/14 9:48 PM
3/13/12
DreamerMMA - 

P.S.  I'm not at all happy that this is the first time I have heard about this site being hacked and the DB being stolen.  I may be a mod here but I'm also a member and a real person, that information was entrusted to this site, not MentaL.    We should have been told, we have a right to know.

"I may be a mod here but I'm also a member and a real person, that information was entrusted to this site"

YES *AND* If I read this correctly, MentaL *DID* mention this security hole to your adorable website owner and no actions were taken to patch it.

Bottom line is, and it's like that in my business aswell. If it can happen, it will. That's how IT is. It was just a matter of time and thinking otherwise is either foolish or ignorant.

Alot of you are blaming MentaL? Why? Cause it was hacking? Fuck this. MentaL was stupid anyway. If I was him I would have gotten a fix prepared and an offer to Kirik for like $1000 to fix it and I would have gotten my white hat thirst quenched.... FOR LIKE A SECOND UNTIL I TRIED TO FIND ANOTHER SECURITY HOLE. That's how they think. MentaL doesn't give a fuck, he's literally doing his own thing and being attached to this website because he can't help himself that he loves it so much. Kirik could try and ban him all he wants, he won't be able to get rid of him. Plus, MentaL would have a new identity and harder than now(although questionabled about MentaL's dedication to keeping his identity hidden while checking this site *EVERYDAY AND EVERYTIME*)

Bottom line is, this website got hack, someone got *some* information, change your password and remember that gritty can't make it to 18 hours without fapping.

1/20/14 9:51 PM
5/9/09
"Mental has our login names, our user names, our email addresses and what else?"

If you've ever used a credit card (to buy a blue name, for example), he has your billing address and your real name. I'd be less concerned if my CC# was released because I can just cancel the card and dispute the charges.

I guess it's everyone's responsibility to kiss MentaL's ass from now on; he knows who you are and where you live.

"Your credit card number isn't stored anywhere! It's just all your other personal info!!"

- Kirik
1/20/14 9:51 PM
1/1/01
What does being a mod have to do with any of this? Lol Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 9:59 PM
9/10/09
pumaownsmc - 
DreamerMMA - 

"I may be a mod here but I'm also a member and a real person, that information was entrusted to this site"

YES *AND* If I read this correctly, MentaL *DID* mention this security hole to your adorable website owner and no actions were taken to patch it.

Bottom line is, and it's like that in my business aswell. If it can happen, it will. That's how IT is. It was just a matter of time and thinking otherwise is either foolish or ignorant.

Alot of you are blaming MentaL? Why? Cause it was hacking? Fuck this. MentaL was stupid anyway. If I was him I would have gotten a fix prepared and an offer to Kirik for like $1000 to fix it and I would have gotten my white hat thirst quenched.... FOR LIKE A SECOND UNTIL I TRIED TO FIND ANOTHER SECURITY HOLE. That's how they think. MentaL doesn't give a fuck, he's literally doing his own thing and being attached to this website because he can't help himself that he loves it so much. Kirik could try and ban him all he wants, he won't be able to get rid of him. Plus, MentaL would have a new identity and harder than now(although questionabled about MentaL's dedication to keeping his identity hidden while checking this site *EVERYDAY AND EVERYTIME*)

Bottom line is, this website got hack, someone got *some* information, change your password and remember that gritty can't make it to 18 hours without fapping.

You have poor reading comprehension. Kirik addressed the security flaw. Immediately was his word.
Edited: 1/20/14 9:59 PM
12/15/02
................hey yo - 

Was a joke ABE.

That is always the answer you get when you can't log in or whatever. 

lol, I'm slow today. 

1/20/14 10:07 PM
3/13/12
TheParrot - 
pumaownsmc - 
DreamerMMA - 

You have poor reading comprehension. Kirik addressed the security flaw. Immediately was his word.

I'm going by what MentaL said :

"This included front page postings and user credentials. I reported this again as soon as it became clear and it was fixed. Fast forward since then, passwords did not get updated and i took it upon myself to bring some humour to the UG , some of which include"

I interpret this as saying the following:

I've identified a security hole that's allowing me to send a bunch of queries until 1 returns OK years down the road. Alot of time went by, MentaL left his thing running. 1 day script says "PASSWORD MATCH YOU HAVE ACCESS TO LEVEL 9998"

9999 would be my real name, MentaL.

1/20/14 10:12 PM
1/1/01

I am not convinced the problem was dealt with well but is there any point banning someone who has hacked the site at least once and still has thousands of logins with passwords? I doubt an IP ban would slow him down much if at all.

What I am curious about is why Kirik thought that MentaL would not do anything with the information he found, and why he was so sure that no one else had accessed the same information? I personally don't care much because it's very easy to find who I am and I don't use PMs, but there are people here who are much more private. Surely it would make sense to warn people at the time that there had been a security issue and it was time to change our passwords? My apologies if this actually happened but I certainly don't remember it and I'm here a lot.

1/20/14 11:13 PM
4/13/11

So SuperCalo impersonates Dana White and gets banned. Mental does it and gets a kudos from Kirik?

Crazy world we live in......

1/20/14 11:38 PM
4/13/11
MentaL - 

OK I got confirmation I am allowed to discuss it but not specific (such as how..)

There were two incidents with UG comprimises/hacks, first included me being able to access any user acounts (back in 2010) which i reported and got fixed , secondly the other was in 2012 which gave me master control over the servers of mixedmartialarts.com This included front page postings and user credentials. I reported this again as soon as it became clear and it was fixed. Fast forward since then, passwords did not get updated and i took it upon myself to bring some humour to the UG , some of which include

- lee murray

- dana

- hendo

Whilst I may get booed a lot for this, i had no bad intentions or else i could have just defaced the site or sold the information but  i did report it. I can assure you that the exploits/bugs are fixed, account data is safe and i personally went over it all to confirm it was SAFE. No credit data is stored, logged nor accessed by me and I hope you wont judge me on this.

Any questions, i'll answer. But like i said, i cant give specifics on how but it wasnt easy but it required a lot of effort as the logins are locked to a VPN range. 

I just wanted to thank you for hacking the website and stealing our personal information in order to increase the security system on the site.

I will be sure to break into your house and steal your TV.......you know, so you realize that you need a better security system at your house. I'm doing you a favor bro.

1/20/14 11:49 PM
3/17/09
From what I understand Mental is also a possible fake BJJ blackbelt. Now there is something to really get upset at!
1/21/14 1:13 AM
5/12/12
That explains what happened to my 500 vote ups, ummm...I'll need those back, mm..k Phone Post 3.0
1/21/14 3:57 AM
12/3/11
subbed late
1/21/14 8:00 AM
5/24/10
LOL
1/21/14 9:15 AM
7/27/11
Any way to tell that we've been hacked?
1/21/14 9:35 AM
8/22/02
ProudTibiaHomo - 
alley -
ProudTibiaHomo - 
DaddyRich - I know how to view Tapout threads as a Mud, does that count as a hack or just an exploit?
It's the google trick, we all know it. Phone Post 3.0

Send me a PM with the info, would you please?
Any thread started on the OG and moved to after dark can usually be accessed by muds. Google the thread title, click the link and you might be in. Phone Post 3.0

This has nothing to do with a Google search.
1/21/14 9:40 AM
2/14/10
The other thread was frozen...

Phone Post 3.0