What if ... Official Countdown to Dan Hardy: UFC Champion

1/11/10 2:52 PM
6/23/09
Heartbroken Lee - 
JT42382 -  Someone brought up a good point in another thread: "How proud can you really be of Dan when he spends most of his time training in the U.S. w/ American trainers? It's one thing to be a badass Brit who comes straight from a British camp, but when most of your skills are being honed by Americans, can you really be proud of that?

I can't find the other thread but wanted to know how you guys would respond to that criticism. 

How I would respond to it is to tell you to get your fucking facts straight.

There is a video interview of Hardy on the front page of this thread. In it he is asked what he will do for training and whether he will spend a lot of time training in the US. He says, paraphrased, "I will spend 8 weeks in NOTTINGHAM, and my final 4 weeks in the US, but I will be bringing my camp with me".

So please don't try to claim that Hardy is only as good as he is because of American trainers. Yeah, he spends time with Bravo and sometimes Roach too. But in case you're not aware, fighters like to travel to other countries to get new training.

Fitch went to Thailand after the GSP fight - do you attribute his success to the Thais?

Rampage is in England, at Wolfslair. Ellenberger went to Wolfslair to train too. Nog trained with the Cuban national boxing team for a while. GSP has been to Brazil to sharpen his BJJ. So what?

Damn Lee, I use to think u were all right but can clearly see why so many people hate you now.  U just can't have a regular discussion without resorting to name calling can you?  Oh well, see ya
1/11/10 2:56 PM
1/14/09
smth416 - The only thing that surprised me was that 7% of the UG are UK trolls.

Edited: 1/12/10 2:00 AM
6/15/09
DannyOcean - 
honestly the UK trolls aren't much fun. The good trolls keep you off balanced, shift views, know what they are doing. The British trolls just predictably say every british fighter will win every fight he has in the UFC.

Bisping will win against XXXXXXXX

Hardy will beat XXXXXXXX

Rampage will beat XXXXXXXX

Kongo gonna KO XXXXXXXX

Insert an opponent and repeat. yawn, frankly. They need a new setup. trolls gonna troll but at least try harder please.

i'm going to post this in every give-dan-hardy-a-blow-job thread until the fight happens.

You need to come up with some variety UK trolls. until then, yawn, UK fighter XXXXX is gonna beat other fighter YYYYYYY. Same old same old.

i find you mildly amusing danny!

ive seen you post this type of bitchy-ness on other threads regarding british fighters & the repetetive nature of your posts implys that you have some deep-felt emotions on the matter?

on one hand you seem to be convinced that quality posters like HBL & EB are trolls?

ask yourself this......                        if they were trolls.....       then surely your butthurt reactions would be an indication that you have taken the "bait"....     hook...     line.....& sinker!!!!!

its obvious to see that for some reason...   the brits have gotten under your skin???

you make an issue of the fact that we generally pick british fighters to win?

well....             i think you`ll find that of late....          the brits usually win!!!

cant argue with facts!!!

either way...             you fail 
Edited: 2/27/10 5:58 PM
6/15/09
 ttt
Edited: 2/27/10 5:59 PM
6/15/09

ttt

1/12/10 4:35 AM
5/5/07
ramit upper - 
DannyOcean - 
honestly the UK trolls aren't much fun. The good trolls keep you off balanced, shift views, know what they are doing. The British trolls just predictably say every british fighter will win every fight he has in the UFC.

Hardy will beat XXXXXXXX

Kongo gonna KO XXXXXXXX

Insert an opponent and repeat. yawn, frankly. They need a new setup. trolls gonna troll but at least try harder please.

i'm going to post this in every give-dan-hardy-a-blow-job thread until the fight happens.

You need to come up with some variety UK trolls. until then, yawn, UK fighter XXXXX is gonna beat other fighter YYYYYYY. Same old same old.

ive seen you post this type of bitchy-ness on other threads regarding british fighters & the repetetive nature of your posts implys that you have some deep-felt emotions on the matter?

on one hand you seem to be convinced that quality posters like HBL & EB are trolls?

ask yourself this......                        if they were trolls.....       then surely your butthurt reactions would be an indication that you have taken the "bait"....     hook...     line.....& sinker!!!!!

its obvious to see that for some reason...   the brits have gotten under your skin???

well....             i think you`ll find that of late....          the brits usually win!!!

cant argue with facts!!!

the enter and space bar must be your best friends, other.....

than the....

mighty.... ellipses....

again, you guys need some new material. this shtick is lacking. The terrible spacing and formatting at least make you mildly amusing.
1/12/10 5:41 AM
6/15/09
DannyOcean - 
ramit upper - 
DannyOcean - 

Hardy will beat XXXXXXXX

Kongo gonna KO XXXXXXXX

cant argue with facts!!!

the enter and space bar must be your best friends, other.....

than the....

mighty.... ellipses....

again, you guys need some new material. this shtick is lacking. The terrible spacing and formatting at least make you mildly amusing.

hahaha...

come on danny...

surely you can do better than that?

you come on here talkin all kinds of shit & as soon as you`re challenged you come out with a bitchy little,weak assed comeback like that?

pathetic!!!!

(lol......      maybe you can find a spelling error to focus your next "witty comeback" upon?)
Edited: 2/27/10 6:02 PM
6/15/09

ttt for the outlaw
Edited: 2/27/10 6:03 PM
6/15/09

ttt for mr daniel hardy!!!!!!!!!!!!
1/12/10 12:07 PM
4/5/07
 They said the same thing about Alves, that he was bigger and stronger and would light GSP up on the feet.  Then they actually fought and this happened:

I can't see why the exact same thing won't happen to The Outlaw unless Hardy manages to pull of a Serra.  Otherwise Hardy will not light GSP up on his feet because GSP won't let him get comfortable enough to let his hands go for fear of the TD.
1/12/10 1:27 PM
2/5/05
So the countdown to Hardy as champ has started. When does it end? I think he can do it sometime in 2012.
1/12/10 1:29 PM
1/1/01
disbeliever - This fight will be the same as GSP's last 3 title defenses. His opp will be hesitant to throw, fearing the takedown, and within 25 seconds GSP will get him down and spend a minute on top throwing elbows and punches. Opp will scramble up, be be visibly a little tired, rinse and repeat until the judges give it to GSP.

You are rating Hardys groundgame pretty highly
1/12/10 1:42 PM
2/20/09
VeniceMMA - Hardy will win a hard fought battle in the fourth round by TKO! 

And no, I'm not from the UK!

weird, must be a bitch swinging from their nuts long distance...
1/12/10 3:06 PM
4/3/06
BeefSupreme - I'm sure the UK crew already has bets lined up for this fight - screen name and otherwise.

BUT... if any of y'all are interested I have a side bet offer:

If Hardy pulls off the upset and becomes the new WW champ - I will write up a hype post for Bisping prior to his next fight in full on CRE fashion w/ pics, vids (hell I may even throw some gangsta rap at the end to 'keep it real')

If GSP defends his belt - you would have to do the same thing only hype up Hendo's SF debut.

Whaddya say - EB? HBL? Ramit? Any of y'all interested??

This would pain me significantly, although I have kind of made peace with Henderson in my mind now, plus he was polite to me in his Q&A thread...

so I'll take that bet!
1/12/10 3:33 PM
3/13/02
Diego stole my name - 
disbeliever - This fight will be the same as GSP's last 3 title defenses. His opp will be hesitant to throw, fearing the takedown, and within 25 seconds GSP will get him down and spend a minute on top throwing elbows and punches. Opp will scramble up, be be visibly a little tired, rinse and repeat until the judges give it to GSP.

You are rating Hardys groundgame pretty highly

And/or underrating the ability and sheer strength of Alves. BJ Penn couldn't make it to a decision, but Hardy can?
1/12/10 8:06 PM
4/3/06
BeefSupreme - 
explodingboy - 
BeefSupreme - I'm sure the UK crew already has bets lined up for this fight - screen name and otherwise.

BUT... if any of y'all are interested I have a side bet offer:

If Hardy pulls off the upset and becomes the new WW champ - I will write up a hype post for Bisping prior to his next fight in full on CRE fashion w/ pics, vids (hell I may even throw some gangsta rap at the end to 'keep it real')

If GSP defends his belt - you would have to do the same thing only hype up Hendo's SF debut.

Whaddya say - EB? HBL? Ramit? Any of y'all interested??

This would pain me significantly, although I have kind of made peace with Henderson in my mind now, plus he was polite to me in his Q&A thread...

so I'll take that bet!

Cool deal man - good luck to ya sir ^^

And to you, my opponent. Of course, you will be losng this bet and as such will likely need to purchase a blue name in order to fulfill your obligatons. Although if that proves difficult, we can come to an alternative.
1/12/10 8:16 PM
4/3/06
JT42382 -  Someone brought up a good point in another thread: "How proud can you really be of Dan when he spends most of his time training in the U.S. w/ American trainers? It's one thing to be a badass Brit who comes straight from a British camp, but when most of your skills are being honed by Americans, can you really be proud of that?

I can't find the other thread but wanted to know how you guys would respond to that criticism. 

Funny you bring this up, as it exemplifies one of the similarities between GSP and Hardy: the fact that they both visit different camps as part of their fight preparations and obtain and gleam the best collective input and training they can possibly get. Not something that is the norm in MMA right now. But this does not mean they abandon their homebase, and consequently their fanbase. Otherwise like HBL said, no American would want to support Rampage anymore because heaven forbid, he trains in the UK now.

I actually think it's a great idea mixing it up like this. It breaks up the routine and the comfort zone, and allows for fresh input and probably creates a more effective learning environment. And it's not like Hardy isn't proud of reppin' his home anyway, as is clearly evident in the things he says and does. You don't have to be tied up to a place with a ball and chain to still be representing it.
1/12/10 8:18 PM
4/3/06
clattymine - So the countdown to Hardy as champ has started. When does it end? I think he can do it sometime in 2012.

It ends March 27, 2010. Put it in your little diary, and make sure you come back here to eat crow.
1/12/10 8:19 PM
11/26/09
Grittys - While Hardy has a chance of "catching" GSP, that's all he has as a way to win. What's he gonna do, submit GSP? Outground him? Work him for five rounds? It's a first round ko or nothing at all for Dan.

Zactly.
1/12/10 11:05 PM
4/27/03
only if by UFC Champion you mean Ultimate Fight Casualty.....Please, he's gonna get raped
1/13/10 3:05 AM
11/2/04
 Hate to admit it, but Hardy has made me a fan.  The Hopkins interview did it for me.
1/13/10 3:37 AM
11/20/05
I got $200 on GSP
1/13/10 4:52 AM
3/15/02
I'm a Hardy fan, and a fan of UK mma in general.
However this is just setting yourself up for a massive e-bitchslapping a-la Bisping/Hendo.

Perhaps just being humble in supporting your fighter, be glad he's made it this far to challenge the champ, and people will respect UK fighter fans more.
All this "UK WILL BEAT EVERYONE!" crap will just turn people against actual UK mma fans.
1/13/10 5:25 AM
6/23/09
explodingboy - 

Funny you bring this up, as it exemplifies one of the similarities between GSP and Hardy: the fact that they both visit different camps as part of their fight preparations and obtain and gleam the best collective input and training they can possibly get. Not something that is the norm in MMA right now. But this does not mean they abandon their homebase, and consequently their fanbase. Otherwise like HBL said, no American would want to support Rampage anymore because heaven forbid, he trains in the UK now.

I actually think it's a great idea mixing it up like this. It breaks up the routine and the comfort zone, and allows for fresh input and probably creates a more effective learning environment. And it's not like Hardy isn't proud of reppin' his home anyway, as is clearly evident in the things he says and does. You don't have to be tied up to a place with a ball and chain to still be representing it.
Great explaination!

1/13/10 6:45 AM
1/1/01
Hardy lost to Gono. He has no chance against GSP.