What if ... Rigan Machado Camp!

Edited: 4/1/07 12:00 AM
02/27/2007
WaltJ, I think calling them "modern day" cavemen gives them way too much credit. Just cavemen would suffice.
11/25/2000
Realposition; Thanks bro. Will definitely shoot you an e-mail. As far as what I know, or don't know, about Sakata, or anything else for that matter, I've been struggling with the decision of whether to make my position public or not for the last 7 months. Ultimately I decided that, as I was Robson's most avid supporter for so long, and consequently, the whipping boy for most of the UG attacks, it would now be somewhat disingenious for me to come out now and say or do anything which might be construed as negative or contrary. Quite frankly, I loose either way. If I stay silent there will always be people who say I should talk or be viewed as being in on a potential con; if I talk there are always going to be people who say I'm a flip flopping backstabber. In the end, I have chosen to "take the high road" and remain silent and have instructed my guys to do the same. When we announces we were parting ways with Robson, Marcos, Rigan and Mansor on our website, we simply wished Mr. Periera well and clarified that he is no longer associated with us in any manner or respect. I decided to "go public" on this thread for two reasons, 1) to make it clear to everyone that Rat Pak is alive and well and no longer involved in this contraversy (thank god!) and 2) to confirm that, to my knowledge, Rigan is honorable in his actions and intentions. Besides, if I tell you on here, you won't buy the book!
01/08/2006
bbinfu, to speak or not to speak it is your decision. There is really no right or wrong answer but ask yourself why is it that we should be afraid to speak the truth as we know it when others are so quick to boldly tell lies. I think it should be the other way around. Best wishes to you and the RP.
03/16/2007
LOL... screw that. I'd like to hear the explanation in full detail. The total truth. :-)
Edited: 4/2/07 12:00 AM
11/25/2000
IrishAggression: Talk to R.L. he knows the whole story.
03/04/2003
"The CBJJ does research before handing out the first black belt certificate. This is about as far as I can take it. Someone will have to call the CBJJ and find out more. " The CBJJ dont check shit, except that the check doesn't bounce. Anyone can send in a check and get a certificate, go ahead try it. The only reason people form a governing body for anything is for money. As long as you can pay, you can get rank.
03/04/2003
HEY DOD, Send the cbjj the required fee and make up a brazilian sounding name (hell just give them a legit name, they will not check, I bet) and a date when you were promoted to Blackbelt and see if they send you a certificate? I am pretty certain they will send you one. I have heard there are a lot of instances where this has happened.
03/21/2003
I can't f*cking wait until DOD and a couple of his a$$ licking associates find themselves on the eexpensive end of a lawsuit.
01/08/2006
"I can't f*cking wait until DOD and a couple of his a$$ licking associates find themselves on the eexpensive end of a lawsuit." I can see it now......next on the docket, Plaintiff Lying Motherfuckers vs. Respondents DuckofDeath and Asslicking Associates, et al.
10/04/2002
If he was a 3rd degree blackbelt, wouldn't that mean he would have had four black belt promotions (the first to regular BB; the second to 1st deg; the third to 2nd deg; and the fourth to 3rd deg)?
03/16/2007
I "know" the story. Just wanted to know if the guy "who originally" brought Robsons credentials into question was wrong for bringing it to the publics attention. Just wanted your opinion..................
Edited: 4/2/07 9:56 PM
11/25/2000
Irishaggression; Ever see the movie "All the Presidents Men"? There's a scene where Berstein takes Woodwards draft out of the typing bin without telling him and modifies it. When confronted about it, Berstein tells him to read both and let him know which is better. After doing so, Woodward acknowledges that Bertstein's is in fact better. In so doing, however, he points out, "It's not what you did, it's how you did it." Never had a problem with questions being asked. Just question the decision to do it on a public forum, just as I question whether your current inquiry might have been more appropriately posed to me directly. If you care to sit down and have a beer one evening, I'll be glad to share my opinions with you.
Edited: 4/3/07 12:00 AM
11/22/2003

"If he was a 3rd degree blackbelt, wouldn't that mean he would have had four black belt promotions (the first to regular BB; the second to 1st deg; the third to 2nd deg; and the fourth to 3rd deg)?"

I believe the way it commonly works is that the initial plain BB is considered the "first degree," and during the second degree promotion two stripes are put on the belt, and then one stripe thereafter for successive promotions.  

Edited: 4/3/07 1:47 AM
11/22/2003

"I can see it now......next on the docket, Plaintiff Lying Motherfuckers vs. Respondents DuckofDeath and Asslicking Associates, et al."

Excerpt from the transcript:

Attorney: 

Mr. Machado, your representative in the Poconos, Professor Pereira, states on his web site that he won the Brazilian Nationals, but he can't seem to remember what year that was.  Do you know what year your representative won the Brazilian Nationals?

Rigan Machado:

Uhhhhhhhh...........ahhhhhhhhhhhh.........ummmmmmm...............why did I let that damned Marcos get me mixed up in this shit?   

01/08/2006
Robson's response to every question: "At the advice of my attorney, I would like to invoke my 5th Amendment Right and respectfully refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I may incriminate myself."
11/22/2003

"Robson's response to every question..."

Actually, it would probably be "Why don't you talk to Grandmaster Mansor or the CBJJ about it?"  That's what the idiot told me when he couldn't remember what year he won the Brazilian Nationals.   

11/22/2003

"Just wanted to know if the guy 'who originally' brought Robsons credentials into question was wrong for bringing it to the publics attention."

You mean it wasn't you? 

Edited: 4/3/07 9:22 AM
03/16/2007
bbinfu....... no thank you on the sit down. I got my answer. Still "slick" with the answers I see. DOD ... It was.
06/19/2003
DOD and crew, I'm going to respectfully ask you guys to please let this thread die. I understand you have a problem with Robson and the mess that is going on and that is all well and good. The problem here is right now you are trying to tarnish the name of a legend. Start a new thread and title it whatever you like along with Robson's name who this is about. Say what you like about Robson and leave Rigan and Marcos out of this. Concentrate your efforts on the problem and that is Robson. Contact the CBJJ etc. and take care of the thing that is supposed to be the real problem. Anything other than doing that only reveals this isn't about Robson, but rather a character attack on Rigan. I don't know what to expect as a return action in this request, but I hope I will be surprised by an act of integrity.
02/27/2007
bjjprim8, Sounds like a reasonable request and is very much in keeping with my position on this issue. Accordingly, I for one will comply and will make no further posts on this thread. For what its worth.
06/19/2003
duckII, Thank you.
01/08/2006
I didn't choose the title of this thread. I believe it was made to reflect the fact that Robson was teaching at Rigan's upcoming camp as a guest instructor. Which begs the question' If Rigan was "scammed", "conned", "victimized" by Robson like prim8 has been claiming then why is he still on good terms with Robson? Seriously, if a man should be afraid to call Rigan a liar to his face as prim8 suggests then how terrified should Robson be to scam him and drag his name through the mud? I'll consider not posting on this thread anymore when prim8 quits being a coward and posts his real name and where he trains. You must be seething behind your little puter eh? Speaking of tarnishing the name of a legend, Robson and Mansur don't seem to have a problem with it when they lied and said Sakata is a Carlson BB. Which leads to another point, when speaking about Robson, Sakata, Rigan, Marcos, Mansor, and Carlson it is Carlson who is the only real LEGEND in that sentence.
03/16/2007
I never attacked Rigan, Mansur, or Marcos. Never have - never will. They were all people and events "after the fact". I brought the original question to light when I first heard of Robson and his supposed credetials. I asked a question and the went to the bjj community hoping to get an answer. Any fallout or doings after the initial question were scenarios that were not foreseen and its misfortunate that it has blown to this magnitude. But when a question is presented... a question should get an answer. The only thing I can say is that when you handle crap... the stink tends to stay with you.
Edited: 4/3/07 12:32 PM
06/19/2003
Realposition, Seething LOL hardly the thread is gone and that is what is most important. As for where I train right now I train no where. I have no decided where I want to train after leaving Renzo's. I train with a group of guys, but I used to train at Renzo's if that answers your question about that and my real name is CJ and that is unimportant either way, now let's see if you are a man of your word after all.