What if ... Rigan Machado Camp!

Edited: 3/1/07 12:00 AM
11/22/2003

My idol, Rigan Machado, is sponsoring another one of his great camps:

http://www.riganmachadocamp.com/

If I weren't nursing so many injuries and spending so much time on line obsessively stalking fake BJJ BBs, I'd probably go myself.  Of particular interest is that one of the instructors at the camp is Robson Pereira, BB under Rigan's own BB Marcos Santos.  Pereira's inclusion attests the high quality of camp instructors; after all, he is a winner of the Brazilian Nationals in Rio de Janeiro.  It says so right here on his site:

http://www.pereirabjj.com/Instructor.htm

(Maybe some of you might know the year he accomplished this feat.)

Moreover, according to the MMA in PA site, he was recently awarded his 3rd degree by Grandmaster Francisco Mansor, Red Belt (scroll down to the Dec. 15, 2006 entry): 

http://members.aol.com/indywrestlingpa/shootfight/news.html    

Now why would he get his 3rd degree from Grandmaster Mansor instead of Rigan and Marcos?  Perhaps his game is so subtle, so refined, so sublime, that Rigan and Marcos felt inadequate to the task of assessment and so sent him to someone of much higher rank to perform the assessment.  It wasn't that long ago that he got his 2nd degree, and now he has his 3rd degree--why, he must be a real prodigy.  With that kind of talent teaching at the camp, I'm surprised that he's listed last on the list of instructors instead of first...  

06/19/2003
DOD, Dude, get a life already. If this is really bothering you so much get off your ass and go confront Rigan and Marcos yourself. Go to the camp and question them or get a frackin life. You have more than proved your point. Stop beating a dead horse.
11/22/2003
Au contraire, the horse is alive and kicking...
01/01/2001
DOD, go confront Rigan/Marcos or just STFU...your schtick is getting old and beyond tiresome. We were with you up to the point you became an obsessive, whiny bitch. Unfortunately the issue isn't a fake BB anymore. It is now your absurb stalking that has become the primary issue. IF you wanted to clear this up, you had an opportunity to see Rigan recently. You didn't go...now you have another opportunity, and you will puss out again. Either settle it with Rigan, or drop it for another crusade. Honestly, no one cares anymore...you have lost most of us that felt you had a legit point.
08/31/2003
keep fighting the good fight Duck
09/19/2003
06/19/2003
DOD, Contraire nothing. You have become a new breed of loser. You sound like a dumped jealous X girlfriend more than a concerned BJJ player. Either get over your man crush or confront Rigan and Marcos in person and get to the bottom of this. Rigan is a super cool guy, so either put up or STFU already. Lurker, The good fight was fought and won. Now it's beating a dead horse.
01/01/2001
My Bjj coach taught at the last Rigan Camp. He was there along with many other good Bjj instructors. If I remember correctly Bj Penn was one of the instructors. Anyway, I think DOD doesn't have a life and is taken all of this way to far. Furthermore, since he is self-appointed Bjj police I wonder how good are his Bjj skills. The way he is carrying on one would think he was Helio himself!
11/22/2003

Lurker,

Thanks for the kind words; it's gratifying to see that someone gets it. 

I had left the issue alone for a long time, thinking that Robson would be satisfied with his second degree BB, would be content to conduct classes at his little academy under the aegis of Marcos and Rigan, and would basically STFU, having pulled off his little scam.  But no, he suddenly remembers that he was a winner of the Brazilian Nationals in Rio de Janeiro and puts that on his web site!  Now, according the the MMA in PA site, he's been awarded his damned third degree, and by a red belt grandmaster, no less!  This is all new material, folks.  And if you read the MMA in PA item closely, you'll now see that the name of Carlos Gracie, Jr. and the Confederacao have been dragged into the mess.  This isn't a dead horse; it's a small, fresh herd galloping in. 

Gotta go to work; more later.            

01/28/2005
I personally don't care who teaches where, I'm happy with the school I chose and the teachers there, but I think asking where and when someone received a black belt is a valid question...
06/19/2003
DOD, The fact that he recieved a promotion from someone other than Rigan didn't stop you from dragging him into this. You act like you are doing a service here, but the fact is you are just targeting one guy all the time. You need to get over your man crush on Robson or whatever his name is. Man up and get some balls and go down and confront Rigan, Marcos, and Robson or STFU. The fact is if you really were interested in getting to the bottom of this then that is what you would do, but the reality is you are just looking for attention because your man crush was not returned.
08/31/2002
"Lurker, The good fight was fought and won" Yes, which is why the guy just got his 3rd stripe. Great victory, nothing else is wrong here, right? If you don't like his battle, move along, nobody's forcing you to read about it.
11/14/2006
Let me get this straight, Rigan invites this guy to teach at his camp, and we are to believe he is a BJJ fraud?
06/19/2003
Stipe, He didn't get his 3rd stripe from Rigan, but that didn't stop him from dragging Rigans name into again. He knows where he can confront all three names he has been talking about but refuses to go, why? He has no interest in doing anything other than trying to shit on Rigan. A real man would go and find out for himself, but instead he talks about just getting over an injury. What does that have to do with him going and asking? Rigan is a good man and a great instructor and a legend and if this asshole wants to put him down for things he has the chance to confront him and should do so and stop being a bitch.
01/01/2001
bjjprim8, you are dead on correct! DOD has over stayed his welcome. This issue is beyond a dead horse. Now the real story is DOD's creepy crush on Robson. Rigan is good peeps, and very approachable. Which is why DOD will never approach him, to do so would bring resolution to this drama...and leave DOD with nothing relevant to talk about.
Edited: 3/2/07 12:00 AM
11/22/2003

After careful reflection, I've decided that instead of confronting Rigan and Marcos, perhaps approaching them for help might be a better idea.  You see, I earned my BB under one of Carlson Gracie, Sr.'s lesser known BBs, a half-Japanese, half-Brazilian named Alberto Fujimoto.  Thanks to the incompetence of the now defunct bjj.org, Fujimoto's name was not listed under Carlson's BBs.  Fujimoto then went to Japan to open a proctology practice and died in the Kobe quake while performing a digital exam.  Right after I got my BB, I was involved in a debilitating accident that dramatically affected my skill level.  With a history like this, I don't need to be confronting Rigan and Marcos; I need to be asking them for help!

Rigan and Marcos could write a letter for me stating that they recognize the BB conferred upon me by Fujimoto and that if anyone has a problem with that that they should call the Blitz Center and talk to Marcos about it.  I could then scan that letter and put it on my website along with a Rigan Machado / Marcos Santos logo.  Having thus legitimized me by recognizing my Fujimoto BB, they could then award me a 2nd degree so I could teach, maybe even at Rigan's camp!  I could then go and put on my web site that I won the Brazilian Nationals in Rio de Janeiro, and no one would question it because, after all, Rigan wouldn't invite a fake to teach at his camp, now would he?        

08/31/2002
"He didn't get his 3rd stripe from Rigan, but that didn't stop him from dragging Rigans name into again. He knows where he can confront all three names he has been talking about but refuses to go, why?" So now you're spitting on his efforts here, yet you'd like him to go and confront someone? If he wants to post about things like these, that's perfectly okay. Noone is above criticism for wrongdoing, be it Rigan or anyone else. You're most likely a bit irritated cause you see a point DoD is making and would like it resolved. Also, it's not up to him to confront and prove... the guy faking is someone else. And it is (was) up to Robson and his Rat Pack. And we all saw what happened with them in these discussions and with them after a little while.
09/24/2004
geez dude, let it go...
06/19/2003
STIPE, If he has a problem he has the chance to speak with them and he refuses to do it, why? This would let him get to the bottom of this once and for all, but he won't. You're right no one is above criticism for wrong doing, but in this instance Rigan didn't do anything wrong. He was promoted by mansur not Rigan, but there he is dragging Rigans name in the mud again. I only see one point he was the one that brought this up, so it is up to him to resolve this since it is he who has the problem. He is the one throwing out accusations it is up to him to prove HE is correct. He refuses to do it this and has the chance because he doesn't want to resolve or truly find out what is going on. He is a Romo who has a man crush and can't stop being stalking men. Rigan Machado is a legend in this sport and a nice guy if DOD has a problem let him speak with Rigan in person. He has no excuse not to go and speak with him. I can see it now, some asshole with a white belt going to tell a legend how things are done in BJJ.
11/22/2003

Well, I sure as hell would like to let it go, but Robson won't let me. 

If he won the "Brazilian Nationals in Rio de Janeiro," as he claims on his web site, it's funny that he didn't mention that before, isn't it?  I mean, when his qualifications were being questioned when he was with the Rat Pack, all he would have to do is provide documentation of that win to silence his critics. 

By letting someone in their association put a lie like this on his website, Rigan and Marcos become participants in the lie...

06/19/2003
DOD, Or could it be possible they are being scammed? Rigan is a very trusting guy and may not know what is going on. Why don't you go and speak with him? It's very simple go to the camp and speak with him or shut the fuck up already.
03/04/2003
Actually DOD did try to get answers from people, according to what he posted back in the day. I remember years ago trying to verify a bjj blackbelt for a friend of mine that was moving (Not Robson, some other school). He wanted to start training and he asked me if I knew of the teacher there. I didn't and I tried to find a little about him, what arts he had blackbelts in, comp history, etc. I could never get simple questions answered from the guy nor any of the teachers he trained under. Each one of his supposed teachers were more interested in me coming down and trying their classes rather then answering simple questions. So sometimes asking the people in question isn't the right place to get answers. Places like this forum can be much better, so he has every right to question. I dropped this issue a long time ago and I really dont care anymore. I still read these threads, cause my curiosity to his background. Maybe he is a Judo Stud, maybe that is the National Championship he won. Maybe he is a bjj stud. I certainly would love to know. As far as I am concerned he is a blackbelt, he was awarded a second and third degree. So he is legit in terms of at least having the belt. I have no idea how skilled he is. He looks to actually be in very good shape, but that doesn't mean anything. I still like reading the saga though and if I didn't I just wouldn't click on the threads. I kinda suspect DOD knows something we dont and is trying to key us all in on it and I actaully respect that, cause he has alot of guys that hate him and for a fact has been threatened When I talked to Robson he himself said that Rigan was gonna take care of the guys that are saying this, so I assume he was speaking about DOD. Not saying that Rigan said that or not, but that really isn't fair to DOD, no matter how much of a pain in the ass he is to these guys and their friends.
06/19/2003
Louco, All DOD has to do is stop in and talk to Rigan, so why doesn't he just do that? He claims he has injuries? What did he injure his mouth? If DOD knows something then he should say it period! The statement that he is trying to key people in is BS because if he was really here for everyones benefit he would just come out with it. I look forward to the day DOD has the balls to step up and confront the people he is accusing. The problem is the day he does that he no longer has any reason to be on the boards or any reason period. The fact that he is still stalking people shows he has no life.
01/01/2001
^^Yep^^
01/01/2001
Some might call it HATE. But I see what DOD is doing here as entertaining and yes, very funny. I got my blue belt at WALMART...WHATEVER