What if ... So is there any GOOD pizza for snails?

4/1/19 7:46 PM
6/6/17

So, some pizza from a badass pizza place here in the Houston suburbes killed some of my snails that ate it.  But, before they croaked, they LOVED it.  I mean I've never seen them go as shit-crazy for food as they did for that pizza.  So I want to give my little guys what they love.  Is there any pizza that I can give them that would be healthy for them?  Or at least not imminently deadly for them?  Frozen or fresh, does not matter I suspect they will love both.  I would guess it:

1.  Has to be relatively low in salt (and have ingredients that are relatively low in salt); and 

2.  Have to have a crust that is, this is not the right word, but "watered down".  Like, not pure white flour, but more grains and what not in there so the calory per square centimeter ratio or what not is lowered by a big amount - the bread can expand in their stomach and kill them, so you need the bread watered down in this manner reducing how much bread calories can effectively get in there stomach at any one time.

3.  Anything else?

Thanks for any suggestions!

4/1/19 7:47 PM
6/28/10

HEy guys look at me!!!!!

4/1/19 7:47 PM
11/3/14

Dominos

4/1/19 7:58 PM
8/21/10

Moth balls

4/1/19 8:06 PM
2/15/06
Homeslice - 

So, some pizza from a badass pizza place here in the Houston suburbes killed some of my snails that ate it.  But, before they croaked, they LOVED it.  I mean I've never seen them go as shit-crazy for food as they did for that pizza.  So I want to give my little guys what they love.  Is there any pizza that I can give them that would be healthy for them?  Or at least not imminently deadly for them?  Frozen or fresh, does not matter I suspect they will love both.  I would guess it:

1.  Has to be relatively low in salt (and have ingredients that are relatively low in salt); and 

2.  Have to have a crust that is, this is not the right word, but "watered down".  Like, not pure white flour, but more grains and what not in there so the calory per square centimeter ratio or what not is lowered by a big amount - the bread can expand in their stomach and kill them, so you need the bread watered down in this manner reducing how much bread calories can effectively get in there stomach at any one time.

3.  Anything else?

Try giving them gluten-free flour pizzas. No wheat to deal with that way. Most of the crust will be made out of rice flour or something like that.
4/1/19 8:17 PM
12/1/12

4/1/19 10:01 PM
6/6/17
StrikingMMA - 
Homeslice - 

3.  Anything else?

Try giving them gluten-free flour pizzas. No wheat to deal with that way. Most of the crust will be made out of rice flour or something like that.

Thank you STRIKING!!!  I knew you'd be the one to nail it.  Thanks a ton, couldn't quite remember what the "gluten free" think was called.  Will get one next time at store and see how they do on it!  Do the gluten free ones normally have less salt as well, or I have to check that carefully?

Thanks!!!

4/1/19 10:02 PM
6/6/17
JuicedBeast - 

JuicedBeast, how you doing man!?!?  Can I make one, very friendly request?  Might you just please take the time to find funnier pictures/memes?  They've all been so lame.  Spice it up with some that are really funny and ROAR like a lion!!!!!

4/1/19 10:13 PM
9/18/13

It's actually the chemical reaction the snails have to the acidity in the sauce that is causing the problems. I have had a lot of success with little caesars or papa John's and asking for lite sauce, but extra cheese of course cuz I also spoil my little guys. If you dont have either of those, a couple buddies said they do the same with dominos in their tanks but I havent had to stoop that low yet. Best of luck!

4/2/19 2:23 PM
9/18/13

Thread inspired me last night and I decided to try with a keto pizza since I'm on that kick now. Still, lite sauce with no sugar, so I'm sure that is the factor. The slice was gone so fast.

4/2/19 2:44 PM
6/6/17

ChokeHisAss, was that a store bought pizza?  If so, what brand?  Will check it out if so.  Thanks!!!

4/2/19 2:53 PM
10/9/13

Is there a way to monetize posting here? I don’t understand why homeslice makes so many. Is it an attention thing? I know no one would think pizza would be good for snails. Or even slim Jim’s. Help me understand

4/2/19 2:57 PM
5/23/07
boxdigger - 

Is there a way to monetize posting here? I don’t understand why homeslice makes so many. Is it an attention thing? I know no one would think pizza would be good for snails. Or even slim Jim’s. Help me understand

LOL at your pea brain being able to comprehend Homeslice. He's super intelligent, don't you know this?
4/2/19 3:04 PM
10/9/13

Smart people don’t usually talk about how smart they are. The more you know, the more you know that you don’t know shit. Didn’t post to talk shit though. Just curious. I’ll try and make myself  more smart, maybe then I can understand

4/2/19 5:42 PM
9/18/13
Homeslice -

ChokeHisAss, was that a store bought pizza?  If so, what brand?  Will check it out if so.  Thanks!!!

Quest pizza, can get it at Target. Or homemade using fatheaddough and raos pizza sauce. Either way. Huge results!

4/2/19 7:01 PM
2/15/06
ChokeHisAss - 
Homeslice -

Quest pizza, can get it at Target. Or homemade using fatheaddough and raos pizza sauce. Either way. Huge results!

Homeslice, if you try it post pics and add your narration with it. I was laughing my butt off the other night at your pizza thread.
4/3/19 4:26 PM
2/15/06
So is it pizza night in the tank again?