What if ... The UFC has signed a Racist fighter

2/8/16 2:10 PM
8/10/05
http://www.ussc.gov/research-and-publications/annual-reports-sourcebooks/2010/annual-report-2010

The U.S. Sentencing Commission reported in March 2010 that in the federal system black offenders receive sentences that are 10% longer than white offenders for the same crimes. Marc Mauer of the Sentencing Project reports African Americans are 21% more likely to receive mandatory minimum sentences than white defendants and 20% more like to be sentenced to prison than white drug defendants.

2/8/16 2:12 PM
8/10/05
Soup and Beer - 
Ministry of Truth -
Soup and Beer - 
TheBigRedOne -
Soup and Beer - 
Santo Amaro - Oh dear God. This again. Context. Black power movement such as the Black Panthers was a movement that took place during the struggle for civil rights. That same phrase comes from that context. White power comes from a race hate movement. I know it's hard for some of you to grasp but it is the difference between the two. 1 says I'll fight for equal rights and the other says I'll fight for domination
Oh is this why the Black Panthers were outside of voting stations in both the 2008 and 2012 elections trying to intimidate voters into voting for Obama? Were their civil rights being oppressed?

I would link pictures but an on my phone Phone Post 3.0

What Black Panthers? A group of three middle aged who calls themselves The Black Panthers is almost as hilarious as any fool who takes them seriously.

ROTFL!!
I bet if three guys got dressed up in white sheets identifying as KKK and were intimidating blacks at voting stations you wouldn't have the same opinion ya fuckin mouth breather Phone Post 3.0

How about if they had rockets? That would be scary too.
The point is racism is a double standard in this country. Whether it was three men or thirty men outside those voting stations, if it had been three kkk hooded men and Romney or McCain had not denounced it publicly, there would have been hell to pay. Even then there probably would have been riots over it. Phone Post 3.0

I wonder why that might be? I can't think of anything historically that would cause such a difference.
2/8/16 2:14 PM
8/10/05
Ministry of Truth - http://www.ussc.gov/research-and-publications/annual-reports-sourcebooks/2010/annual-report-2010

The U.S. Sentencing Commission reported in March 2010 that in the federal system black offenders receive sentences that are 10% longer than white offenders for the same crimes. Marc Mauer of the Sentencing Project reports African Americans are 21% more likely to receive mandatory minimum sentences than white defendants and 20% more like to be sentenced to prison than white drug defendants.

Could this possibly be a factor? I suppose it might make some people upset.
2/8/16 2:20 PM
3/23/12
Ministry of Truth -
youarewhatiswrong - 
Ministry of Truth - "If you tell someone they are a victim of the past, you can be assured that they will be a victim of the past."

And to be fair what you wrote there isn't completely wrong, it's just circumstances aren't usually so simple. Again, you just come across as naive, and I don't know a better way to say it.
And I would argue that you come across as naive. Phone Post 3.0

I'm naive for not seeing things in a simplistic manner and pointing out when others do? Interesting.

It might be time for you to pull out the old dictionary. ;)
Saying something doesnt make it so. Yours is the mindset forced on every public school system victim in the country. Some of us are able to break free from it and look at the world around us. Phone Post 3.0
2/8/16 2:22 PM
3/23/12
Ministry of Truth -
Ministry of Truth - http://www.ussc.gov/research-and-publications/annual-reports-sourcebooks/2010/annual-report-2010

How do the numbers of repeat offenders in that study compare? Phone Post 3.0
2/8/16 2:47 PM
11/20/08
Fuck yeah

Another thread on race

OG never gets old, whats tomorrow gonna bring...fuck yeah another thread on race

How about more manofthepeephole chick threads instead more spank bank threads and less fightin words Phone Post 3.0
2/8/16 2:59 PM
1/1/01
Ministry of Truth -
Soup and Beer - 
Ministry of Truth -
Soup and Beer - 
TheBigRedOne -
Soup and Beer - 
Santo Amaro - Oh dear God. This again. Context. Black power movement such as the Black Panthers was a movement that took place during the struggle for civil rights. That same phrase comes from that context. White power comes from a race hate movement. I know it's hard for some of you to grasp but it is the difference between the two. 1 says I'll fight for equal rights and the other says I'll fight for domination
Oh is this why the Black Panthers were outside of voting stations in both the 2008 and 2012 elections trying to intimidate voters into voting for Obama? Were their civil rights being oppressed?

What Black Panthers? A group of three middle aged who calls themselves The Black Panthers is almost as hilarious as any fool who takes them seriously.

ROTFL!!
I bet if three guys got dressed up in white sheets identifying as KKK and were intimidating blacks at voting stations you wouldn't have the same opinion ya fuckin mouth breather Phone Post 3.0

The point is racism is a double standard in this country. Whether it was three men or thirty men outside those voting stations, if it had been three kkk hooded men and Romney or McCain had not denounced it publicly, there would have been hell to pay. Even then there probably would have been riots over it. Phone Post 3.0

I wonder why that might be? I can't think of anything historically that would cause such a difference.
If we as a society feel the need to punish the current generation for its ancestors' transgressions, then there can be no end to it. African Americans of today would need to be accountable for the slave trading practices of their ancestors in Africa. Future generations of German children not even born yet need to be held accountable for the actions of Nazi Germany. The English have to be held accountable for stealing lands from the Indians 200 years ago. Phone Post 3.0
2/8/16 3:15 PM
1/1/01
TheBigRedOne -
Soup and Beer - 
TheBigRedOne -
Soup and Beer - 

ROTFL!!

LOL.

I would pay to see three dummies show up in the Black part of town, wearing KKK masks trying to intimidate.
If you are implying that you would take pleasure in watching bodily harm come to three morons showing up in white sheets to intimate black voters, I would agree with you. But I would have also have taken great pleasure in seeing bodily harm come to those thugs who showed up to intimidate the white voters. But I probably would be labled a racist oppressor for the second part.

I suggest you stick to shilling on cyborg threads. You aren't doing a very good job on this one. Phone Post 3.0
2/8/16 3:17 PM
9/5/11
It's officially a quote off between three angry turds.

Let me know when one of you successfully convinces the other they're wrong... Phone Post 3.0
2/8/16 3:17 PM
8/10/05
youarewhatiswrong - 
Ministry of Truth -
youarewhatiswrong - 
Ministry of Truth - "If you tell someone they are a victim of the past, you can be assured that they will be a victim of the past."

And to be fair what you wrote there isn't completely wrong, it's just circumstances aren't usually so simple. Again, you just come across as naive, and I don't know a better way to say it.
And I would argue that you come across as naive. Phone Post 3.0

I'm naive for not seeing things in a simplistic manner and pointing out when others do? Interesting.

It might be time for you to pull out the old dictionary. ;)
Saying something doesnt make it so. Yours is the mindset forced on every public school system victim in the country. Some of us are able to break free from it and look at the world around us. Phone Post 3.0

"Saying something doesnt make it so."

I could post stats like I already have all day. Those make the point. Stop pretending to yourself that you are enlightened using the logic of a naive teenager.
2/8/16 3:20 PM
8/10/05
youarewhatiswrong - 
Ministry of Truth -

Are you seriously asking me to research things for your argument?
2/8/16 3:24 PM
8/10/05
Soup and Beer - 
Ministry of Truth -
Soup and Beer - 
Ministry of Truth -
Soup and Beer - 
TheBigRedOne -
Soup and Beer - 

ROTFL!!

If we as a society feel the need to punish the current generation for its ancestors' transgressions, then there can be no end to it. African Americans of today would need to be accountable for the slave trading practices of their ancestors in Africa. Future generations of German children not even born yet need to be held accountable for the actions of Nazi Germany. The English have to be held accountable for stealing lands from the Indians 200 years ago. Phone Post 3.0

Why do you feel punished? I certainly do not.

And to be clear I'm talking about recent history just as much as the past. Look at the many stats out there (incarceration rates, racial profiling, criminal misjustice, job prejudice, etc.) that are relevant now. Stats don't lie.
2/8/16 3:26 PM
8/10/05
Anyhow, I've made my point. Back to discussing MMA which I would much rather do on this forum. ;)
2/8/16 3:28 PM
3/23/12
Ministry of Truth -
youarewhatiswrong - 
Ministry of Truth -

Are you seriously asking me to research things for your argument?
So your study didnt take it into account. If it didn't specifically say "first time offenders" then the study is pointless Phone Post 3.0
2/8/16 3:32 PM
3/23/12
Malvert the Janitor - It's officially a quote off between three angry turds.

Let me know when one of you successfully convinces the other they're wrong... Phone Post 3.0
I hear BJ Penn is making a comeback. Mahalo. Phone Post 3.0
2/8/16 3:41 PM
1/1/01
When did I say I feel punished? I said there is a double standard, and there is.

A far as racial profiling I certainly agree that thus is an injustice. But race isn't the only thing cops use to profile.

I used to drive a white Pontiac firebird and I can't count the number of times I was pulled over. Once was on the interstate. I was not speeding not did I commit any infraction. They demanded to know where I was going and where I was coming from. When I explained I was coming from a doctors appointment in Houston they demanded to know the doctors name and proof I was there.

Another time I was pulled over by two cop cars when leaving a buddys house after watching a ufc. They did a full search of my car. They were convinced anyone leaving a lower income neighborhood in a firebird was up to no good. Turns out I found out later that a firebird is on a list of cars that are profiled. The six years since I've gotten a new car I have not been stopped once. Phone Post 3.0
2/8/16 11:16 PM
6/11/12
youarewhatiswrong - 
hooha -
youarewhatiswrong - In fact, I've worked with more black folk than I have white folk. I live in an area with a very high black representation, and an even higher representation of wealthy blacks. They aren't oppressed, and those rich successful ones are those that go through life without getting stuck in the mindset that they are oppressed. The ones that buy into your bullshit, though, they get stuck blaming others and never succeed at looking at themselves. You're the problem. Phone Post 3.0

Where do you live? Just curious!

By the way, you never answered my question about "hate speech" from our earlier posts...

And are you familiar at all with the history of the civil rights movement in the US? Have you ever seen footage of how blacks suffered over those years? Wasn't that long ago, and things continued to be horrible in the 70s and 80s for black Americans...

And are you aware at all of the constant stream of video evidence of police abuse towards and the murder of blacks in the US? This is how it's always been, just now folks are catching it all on camera...

Despite your personal experience (which sounds VERY limited, sorry dude, it's how you present yourself), don't these points in history mean anything to you?

There are also countless instances of blacks crying racism for financial gain or notoriety, only to be revealed as frauds by those very same cameras. Sorry, I don't buy into it like you do. Nobody's saying racism doesn't exist. Tribalism is in human nature. We've consciously overcome that on a societal scale. The racist oppression you lick your chops over just isn't as endemic as you want to believe, and insistence that it does only serves to devolve us back into a tribal state. Phone Post 3.0

You're not discussing this rationally, I wish you could see that. Maybe you're reacting, rather than reflecting on what I wrote...

I'm referencing many decades of REPORTING, news footage of blacks being hung, beaten, treated like subhumans. This is American HISTORY. All the footage is readily available at your fingertips.

And you're saying those "SAME CAMERAS" (almost of century of reporting from news agencies and reporters from all over the world) are also reporting on individual American blacks who are scamming the system?

Well, THAT would be something you'd have to prove with evidence.

There's nothing to "buy into". This is a history that is supported by mountains of evidence. Filmed, written, recorded evidence for your eyes and ears and brain. Stuff that is supposed to be taught in school.

SYSTEMIC (not tribal) racism (esp. against blacks) is the history of America and it's very alive today. It's engrained in your society. Your refusal to accept that is proof of this.

I won't keep arguing with you. The stuff you write is pretty offensive to me, but I also get the impression that you might even possibly like some black people, maybe even have an acquaintance of color in your life (from work, I guess, maybe). Or not.

2/9/16 6:49 PM
6/11/12
Holy shit. Are the non-racists actually getting the last word here?

I'm often a thread-killer but I wouldn't mind it this time!
2/21/16 7:40 AM
10/4/10
GSPGreased -

/THREAD KILLAHHHH!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
2/21/16 4:35 PM
6/11/12
-D0DG3R D0GG13- - 
GSPGreased -

/THREAD KILLAHHHH!!!!! Phone Post 3.0

Kill this fucking thread yo!!!