What if ... The disappearance of the angry atheists

10/29/19 9:04 PM
5/23/07
SalaciousCrumb - 
BigEyedFish -

I think a lot of atheists correctly identified the new retarded left as a bigger threat (much bigger) to the health and stability of western society when compared to the religious whackos 

Case in point, this faggot

lol You've leapfrogged into #1 dumbest fucker here
10/29/19 9:07 PM
3/14/04
BTW, this thread pretty much proves what I've always said and what Sam Harris says about atheism.

The religiotards on this forum were always trying to paint atheists as being evangelical idiots running around everywhere banging the atheism drum. I always said atheism was simply a response by rational people to having superstitions shoved down our throat and that if religious people would shut the fuck up and quit trying to force their fairy tales on everyone, you wouldn't hear a peep out of a single atheist.

Looks like I was right.

Here's what Sam Harris says about atheism -- "Likewise, atheism is a term that should not even exist. Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make when in the presence of religious dogma. "

So, religiotards are gone, no need to discuss religion or religious stupidities.
10/29/19 9:37 PM
8/26/18

As sad as this sounds, what you are describing can likely be pin pointed back to a documentary. Religulous, by Bill Maher came out in 2008. It's pathetic to see how easily one person can influence so many to care about something that previously bored them. There seems to be these large groups of people that nature never intended to move forward that are now being used to push certain agendas. 

10/29/19 9:39 PM
12/16/15

I've already noticed a trend of people switching back to the faith because of how ridiculous some atheists have become. 

I'm calling it now, it's going to be trendy to be a Christian in the next decade. 

10/29/19 9:52 PM
3/28/02
greasegun -

This place is full of complete fucking retards.....

As usual 1st reply fuckin nails it

10/29/19 9:55 PM
3/28/02

We still have some fundamentalist type religious folks.

Try starting a thread titled 'The Bible is NOT the Literal Word of God'  and see who shows up

I tire of their silly sophistic arguments

10/29/19 10:01 PM
9/10/07
SillyGoose -

I've already noticed a trend of people switching back to the faith because of how ridiculous some atheists have become. 

I'm calling it now, it's going to be trendy to be a Christian in the next decade. 

20% fewer Americans go to church compared to just 20 years ago 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/248837/church-membership-down-sharply-past-two-decades.aspx

10/29/19 10:02 PM
7/22/06
I used to be involved in some online activist groups around 06. Those arguments get old after a while and you hear the same things over and over. It's usually best to avoid religion discussions with most people if you want to make friends in life.
10/29/19 10:04 PM
4/9/10
Diabeetus -
TheHawker -

From the mid to late 2000s on the internet in general and this forum in particular, there was a sizable contingent of "fuck religion, flying spaghetti monster, i believe in science bro" types who would dominate any talk of religion, evolution, etc.  It seems that's all but disappeared and those people have morphed into alt right, anti-SJW warriors who've found common cause, or at least a cold peace, with right wing religionists to take on the wacko left.

Not sure they disappeared, I just see a lot less "religion" threads on the OG the past couple of years.

I agree. I see very few serious religion threads anymore. Who was that dumbass that vehemently believed in a literal entire-earth flood? He would argue to the death about biblical stuff. 

10/29/19 10:18 PM
4/11/08
BigEyedFish - 

I think a lot of atheists correctly identified the new retarded left as a bigger threat (much bigger) to the health and stability of western society when compared to the religious whackos 

You are correct. I remember seeing you on several religion bashing threads with me on this site back in the day. Now? I stick up for traditional christianity all the damn the time. The greater threat to religious (and all other) freedoms, is the extreme left.

They're the new dogmatists of the day.
10/29/19 10:22 PM
4/11/08
SillyGoose - 

Yeah, um. That's not actually the trend. As education increases belief in god tends to decrease. As societies progress and evolve, religion takes a back seat.

Being christian won't be trendy for the foreseeable future. ALl the "cultural norms" that embraced christianity, and worked along side it? No longer exist.
10/29/19 10:25 PM
1/1/01

Life hit em, hard.

10/29/19 10:26 PM
9/13/19
BigEyedFish - 

Correct answer. Its fun enough to pick on the religious whackos, but when you see what the left whackos have become, you be like "religion, might I get some and join ya?".
10/29/19 10:39 PM
8/10/17

Atheists still believe in something. Even if it's just believing in their own beliefs.

10/29/19 10:58 PM
4/13/12
fartastic -

Atheists still believe in something. Even if it's just believing in their own beliefs.

A gnostic atheist does, but an agnostic athiest does not.

10/29/19 11:14 PM
8/2/19
TheHawker -

From the mid to late 2000s on the internet in general and this forum in particular, there was a sizable contingent of "fuck religion, flying spaghetti monster, i believe in science bro" types who would dominate any talk of religion, evolution, etc.  It seems that's all but disappeared and those people have morphed into alt right, anti-SJW warriors who've found common cause, or at least a cold peace, with right wing religionists to take on the wacko left.

I think it comes down to the fact that we (atheists) won. When I was growing up, it was hard to find someone around me who was NOT religious.  Now it's hard to find any one that is.

Fighting against religion is on par with fighting people who think the earth is flat or that dinosaurs never existed.  You can do it for jokes, but the fight has been won.

Edited: 10/29/19 11:37 PM
7/26/12
hermanitor -
BigEyedFish - 

You are correct. I remember seeing you on several religion bashing threads with me on this site back in the day. Now? I stick up for traditional christianity all the damn the time. The greater threat to religious (and all other) freedoms, is the extreme left.

They're the new dogmatists of the day.

One of the failures of the extreme left was adoption of knowledge without actually a base to  divine knowledge. How to discuss and disseminate.

its muddied the ability to discuss actual science. However we evolved and while the evolution naysayers exist, climate change is the new argument.

10/30/19 12:46 AM
4/13/12
jspeed -
TheHawker -

I think it comes down to the fact that we (atheists) won. When I was growing up, it was hard to find someone around me who was NOT religious.  Now it's hard to find any one that is.

Fighting against religion is on par with fighting people who think the earth is flat or that dinosaurs never existed.  You can do it for jokes, but the fight has been won.

Behold, the gnostic athiest.

10/30/19 1:07 AM
8/2/19
EFM -
jspeed -
TheHawker -

I dont know about me being 'gnostic'.  That's true to some extent I suppose... in the same way you 'know' that there isn't an invisible elephant behind you right now or an imperceivably small leprechaun in your ass. i.e. you dont really know but you know.

10/30/19 1:11 AM
4/13/12
jspeed -
EFM -
jspeed -
TheHawker -

I dont know about me being 'gnostic'.  That's true to some extent I suppose... in the same way you 'know' that there isn't an invisible elephant behind you right now or an imperceivably small leprechaun in your ass. i.e. you dont really know but you know.

Its a weird universe we live in.  Anything is possible.

10/30/19 1:14 AM
6/20/13

Studies show atheism dying out. 

Belief in contraception, global warming, nihilism result in the lowest birth rates of all belief groups. This coupled with the emerging scientific findings and a backlash against pc culture is slowing growth.

Statistically speaking, the numbers are in decline. The non athiestic communities are exploding in birth rates in comparison. 

10/30/19 1:27 AM
7/26/12
Looney Ronulan Paultard -

Studies show atheism dying out. 

Belief in contraception, global warming, nihilism result in the lowest birth rates of all belief groups. This coupled with the emerging scientific findings and a backlash against pc culture is slowing growth.

Statistically speaking, the numbers are in decline. The non athiestic communities are exploding in birth rates in comparison. 

As are curable diseases! 

Fucking idiots 

10/30/19 1:28 AM
8/10/17

How do you know,that you know?
Or, how do you know,that you don't know?

10/30/19 1:30 AM
11/28/08

Pissed off young guys between the ages of 16 and 25 who think they are better than everyone else have different internet movements to fall into now.

10/30/19 1:31 AM
3/14/04
fartastic - 

How do you know,that you know?
Or, how do you know,that you don't know?

lol....I remember the thoughts I had when I smoked my first joint too.